warlords mark wording help please

this gem use the wording " on hit " i kinda wanted to use this with my freezing pulse to get some life/mana leeching into the build. freezing pulse is a spell and on hit is usually a physical melle attack landing.

so does the freezing pulse attack not grant life/mana leech back ?
secondly a slain enemy ? is a slain enemy different from a dead enemy from basic attacks/ spells . Slain = ?

Some gems are a little bit confusing to read. If ggg sticked to a simple wording formula to be used concictently with all gems , this would be a lot easier .

thanks for any help :)

1. Slain = kill. As long as you kill it, you slain it, no matter how you kill it (except minions).

2. Freezing pulse is not an attack. It's a spell. If you want attack like freezing pulse, you can use wild strike.

3. It's leech, not gain on hit which only apply on attack most of the time. Leeching works with both attack and spell and it will surely "recover" you life/mana unless you use some unique that prevent you from leeching.

4. Of course, you have to curse the enemies first by direct cast/curse on hit/blasphemy.

5. GGG does have a wording formula, but unlike most other games, it's quite hard for new players to fully understand. Just play more and you will finally know what's going on.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Feb 14, 2016, 8:12:23 AM
"
Devonor wrote:

this gem use the wording " on hit " i kinda wanted to use this with my freezing pulse to get some life/mana leeching into the build. freezing pulse is a spell and on hit is usually a physical melle attack landing.

so does the freezing pulse attack not grant life/mana leech back ?
secondly a slain enemy ? is a slain enemy different from a dead enemy from basic attacks/ spells . Slain = ?

Some gems are a little bit confusing to read. If ggg sticked to a simple wording formula to be used concictently with all gems , this would be a lot easier .

thanks for any help :)

Simply put yes your Freezing pulse WILL leech 2% mana and life on cursed enemies with WM.
The on hit is a little off putting but because its leech it does work with attacks as well as spells.

The slain works as its stated when the enemy is killed WITH the WM curse on them.
Slain/Killed/Dead=all the same.

Its one of my favorite curses in the game for 2 reasons.. its free 2% leech for both life and mana and its free Endurance Charges which most any and all builds will benifit from even if you are only running the default 3. For example my COC Witch uses it in conjunction with a Leech gem in the links so as long as im hitting cursed enemies im pulling 4% leech which is very nice. And again the 3 end charges up at all times helps.

Its also worth noting that all the **** Mark curses work this way as well.. Granting free charges of whichever one you run as well as bonus's to things that will help with those charges. AM for example gives the enemies inc chance to be crit and gives more multi if im not mistaken.. Same with poachers in that it will give red eveasion to the ememy and inc flask charges gained. Poachers is the only one that the life gain on hit is attack only so spells will not proc that effect with that curse up.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Feb 14, 2016, 8:24:15 AM
Warlords Mark leech is for all spells and attacks that hit. So anything that's not a DoT/totem/trap will leech to your HP.
"on hit is usually a physical melle attack landing."
It's not - many on-Hit effects work with non-Melee hits and Spells just fine. If a modifier is specific for anything, then it's mentioned as such.
thanks guys :)

i appreciate the help ,

after my understandings i can use warlords mark with a auto cast like "cast when damage taken" gem . warlords mark procs when i get hit , i give the enemy a wm curce and i can heal back up with leeching and occasionally get a endurance charge. this seems great :)

lol the enemy gets right now if they hit me : enfeeble, frostbite, waarlords mark, temperal chains and elementral weakness. lol maybe i did go a bit crazy with the cwdt gems :)
You know that there's a limit to the number of curses an enemy can have... it starts at 1. There's a notable to increase it by one and many items will increase the limit. But until you increase it, only the last curse cast will work.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You know that there's a limit to the number of curses an enemy can have... it starts at 1. There's a notable to increase it by one and many items will increase the limit. But until you increase it, only the last curse cast will work.

i did nt know , thanks for info , well this means i need to set it up different , its not a big deal i have many ideas for this character.

When you mention it i never saw a enemy with all of the curses but i assumed it was a cooldown thing.

Is it just me that should have known this and i was noobish or is the info in general about mechanics somewhat non-existent . i mean i dont think i have read anywhere that i can only affect a enemy with only 1 curse. i just had an cool idea that i nedd to scrap now. A dont hit me and you'll be sorry kinda build lol .
On Hit simply means all spells and attack HITS.
This means it will not leech from damage over time effects like burning damage bleeding and degeneration like consecrated ground damage.

eg. You will leech from fireball HITS but if the fireball ignites something then the ignite portion of damage will not leech since it's not a hit.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info