GGG, Please label the totem mobs and Boss from Volcano as Curse Immune

I love PoE and I've been playing it for several years but I still consistently encounter this "fake difficulty" bullshit all the time. Playing a build that relies heavily on curses for defense (triple blasphemy defensive curses) it really irked me to run into the Volcano totem boss only to be immediately killed because I had no idea him and his saplings were immune to my curses. If the design team is going to label every other mob that is Curse Immune, then it's misleading for players who walk into this fight and are not given any warning by reading the enemys information under the health bar. Please, be consistent with the information you give players and label ALL curse immune mobs as such.

Sincerely,
A very annoyed PoE veteran playing a curse build for the first time.
Totems are immune to curses. All of them. Haven't you ever noticed? From Kuduku at Ledge, to the totems on Ceremonial maps, and all the totems in Kaom's area layouts. Yes it's undocumented, like many things in PoE are, but this one shouldn't have been that surprising.
Last edited by Meridin on Feb 14, 2016, 5:05:19 AM
Kuduku dies easily enough, Torchoak Grove can just be avoided...
I guess The Forest of Flame's really the only totem that you'd want or need to curse.

Huh.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
If you got to lvl 77 maps without noticing that all totems are immune to curses then sorry you just haven't been paying attention.

hard to pay attention when everything melts until you actually encounter a somewhat difficult fight with a totem + 10 saplings in a tight area..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info