Few suggestions after playing

Well, I have finished the game few times and I guess I may participate with some suggestions.
1) Dialla in Act 4 still has 2 quest monologues, even after all quests are done. I noticed that quest monologues disappear after associated quest is completed.
2) There’s no boss in Catacombs, Act 3. Or did I miss him? Area is… Kinda empty without it.
3) I should divide Caverns and Pyramid. Too different areas, imho. And big ones.
4) After first encounter with any bandit in Act 2 choice window appears. But if I’m not ready neither to kill nor to help bandit, I can’t close this window. Maybe you should add close button to it.
5) Masters sell decorations, but if I don’t need some of them, maybe there will be possibility to sell it back?
6) Hm. I’m not sure is it a feature, but in another’s hideout masters have only one monologue, and it can be grey and it can be white, even if I listened it already lot of times. Strange. Should be always grey or I just don’t know ;p
7) In Apex of Sacrifice some of passages to back aren’t highlighted in orange, so they can be missed.
8) Divination card Humility (Tabula Rasa) doesn’t have description like any other cards (or it’s a feature?).
9) It’s not a secret that pvp isn’t popular in PoE. But if players will be able to change areas without leaving queue, they will have more chances to enter pvp. Ctf, for example, is always empty, no one needs it. I can just join queue and make common pve, without thinking or turning it off.
10) Definitely bug. Vorici’s target was behind undead barricade, so I couldn’t reach it.
11) Maybe bug. Catarina had minions that should be raised and sculpture right near her. It wasn’t needed to seek for it both.
12) Flasks does not have sound of placement, it’s weird. Every item has that sound.
13) Part of NPC doesn’t say goodbye, though some of them do. Discrimination :)
14) After players have masters of level 8, they make rotation of them, just to have dailies of all 7-8 masters. I suggest to make masters not to occupy the place at level 8 of reputation.
15) I think, not all the lore has voice. Or maybe it’s feature.
16) When I was making “All Ears” achievement, I noticed that it demands not only “optional” monologues, but some “quest” ones too (at bottom of list, divided by line). I completed achievement, but still, is it a bug?
17) Well, every monster leaves its body behind. But not 3 of them - Icy Manifestation, Rakango and Maelström. Why ;p I guess, they are new.
18) If I’m not mistaken, “Deshret” quest monologue at Tasuni doesn’t disappear or become grey after Deshret is found, until book of skill is used. I guess it’s a bug.
19) I suggest to make option in Options menu – to choose where to return using Town Portal by default – to town or to hideout. Town is annoying ;p
20) After relogging or exiting pvp area game returns player to town, which he was in before. But never to hideout, even he was there. Maybe it can be fixed :)
21) I suggest to let players to see animation of opening of passages further after killing chapter bosses – Brutus, Vaal Oversoul, Dominus, and only if player is near that passage. It is realized in this way after killing Merveil – player watches how door to forest opens, and only if he’s near the door.
22) Right after killing Brutus, Merveil and Dominus player gets new waypoint opened, to next area. I suggest to do the same, to let player to get waypoint to City of Sarn after killing Vaal Oversoul and to Twilight Strand after killing Malachai (instead of black portal in Highgate).
23) Some quest bosses and containers have only quest items, but not loot. Like Captain Arteri, Piety in Crematorium and Beast of Belly, Altar in The Crypt Level 2, Blackguard Chest in Battlefront, Bookstands in Archives, etc. I guess, maybe to add something droppable to them. For example, Slave Girl and Victario stashes have some loot.
23,5) Altar in The Crypt Level 2 doesn't have opening animation ;p
24) I encountered few times strange knockout to login menu with instant closing of any opened instances. Sometimes it’s sad. Is it problem of server?
25) In The Old Fields there’s spot, to where player returns after using exit of The Den, it may be anywhere in fields. Hovewer, after using exit in The Ship Graveyard Cave, he returns to The Ship Graveyard, always right to the enter of cave. There’s no logic…
26) The start of Aqueduct, City of Sarn, Lioneye encampment doesn’t have passages to previous locations, so they don’t have orange highlight on map, and it’s right. Hovewer, Prisoner’s gate and Southern forest have orange spots on map, I guess, it has to be removed.
27) Dailies of Vagan and Elreon doesn’t have passages, only portals, but still they are highlighted on map in orange.
28) If I’m not wrong, Dark Forest Map has orange passage too that goes to nowhere (just a wall).
29) Passage to Sceptre of God… I think it’s too big. I suggest another solution:
Spoiler

30) I suggest it'd be right to use Loose candle in Library only once, as Sewer gate.
31) All instances live only 7 or 15 minutes (excepting The Slums for strange reason, 30 minutes). I suggest to raise it a bit – 15 minutes for areas with waypoint and 25 without… Sometimes game just crashes and we have to make all way along again.
32) Sometimes we just need to control time of opened instances and keep them opened. I offer to make window, like Instance Manager, but which can be opened at any place, with list of all opened instances and their remaining time. Maybe even with function of “Closing of instance”.
33) 3 corrupted areas have entrances which must be opened (Entombed Alcove, Entombed Chamber, Forgotten Conduit). I guess, it’s not necessary, it should be opened right from start. By the way, some of Vagan’s arenas and Haku’s haunteds have such entrances too.
34) I suggest to add lines to World map. To link acts and to remove line that can’t be used.
Spoiler

UPD: Changes links to images in spoilers.
UPD: Forgot to mention new act area - Kaom's Dream.
35) I understand that new icon of portal in Crystal Veins and start points of passages in Daresso's and Kaom's dreams. But it's used in Kaom's Dream where common passages are. For example, i'd make it this way:
Kaom's Dream end:
Spoiler

Kaom's Path start:
Spoiler

Kaom's Path end:
Spoiler

Kaom's Stronghold start:
Spoiler

Kaom's Stronghold end.. emm.. kinda this ;p
Spoiler

And Kaldera:
Spoiler

All these passages are using currently icon of portal on map, but it's not portals at all, right?
34,5) Just remembered ;p Passage in Bellies and further to Black core has right shape, but it's yellow, not orange somewhy. I should make this way:
Spoiler

Passage to back from Black core is absent at all:

And this portal I'd change to this:
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:34:38 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
8) Divination card Humility (Tabula Rasa) doesn’t have description like any other cards (or it’s a feature?).

Wow I never noticed that, but I think it's an intended feature. "Tabula rasa" translates to "Blank slate" so it makes sense that the divination card for it is blank as well!

^This was fully intended by the creator. It gave many a people a good laugh when it first entered, since its brilliant.

@Op, great feedback thanks a bunch.

Keep it coming if you find more things, these are very helpful for GGG i imagine.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info