Worth crafting?!

So I am fairly new to the game and don't quite know the value of everything. I found this body armor that seems powerful. Sockets aside, I can see potential in it. Is it worth crafting tho? if so, how?

Thanks in advance! :)
No.
"
isostar wrote:
No.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer. If it had flat armor, would it be worth crafting then? Would you able to elaborate so I would be able to make that decision myself next time without having to go to the forums?
"
Hulaku wrote:
"
isostar wrote:
No.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer. If it had flat armor, would it be worth crafting then? Would you able to elaborate so I would be able to make that decision myself next time without having to go to the forums?

1. The lightning resistance is too low.
2. Stun recovery and reflect is not desired.
Not every problem in the world belongs to you alone, let others have their share.
if you're looking for good chests you probably want:
- 5 or 6 linked sockets
- high life or energy shield rolls
- elemental resists
- armor/evasion values

in that order.

just watch some poe introduction videos or info sheets provided by players.
this is pretty old but still valid. especially if you just started.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 10, 2016, 4:09:34 AM
"
Hulaku wrote:
"
isostar wrote:
No.

As a new player, you will most likely not get a craft-worthy drop anytime soon.

You can buy decent high roll items for a few chaos orbs, which is much less then the cost of crafting an item (unless you're randomly chaosing a high ilvl item and get lucky). What you want to look for is % armor, % evasion, % energy shield, + armor, + evasion, + energy shield, % resistances, + HP on items.

you can go to poe.trade, set both maximum and minimum buyout to one chaos orb, perhaps some other criteria and you will see what items DID NOT SELL for one chaos and compare to your item(s). like this (Talisman SC league, set energy shield as the most important stat)

item example: this is my item. I set 4 chaos price some time ago. nobody wants. will have to reduce the price, or keep/dump it
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Feb 10, 2016, 12:41:15 PM
Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate all this help I am getting. I just have a few more follow-up questions.

1. Most of your recommended a high roll on armor/ES/evasion and hp? How much is a high roll? Is +60 hp good?

2. I know there are 6 types of body chests; each type focusing on either armor/ES/evasion or a combination of two of them. If my build allows it, Which one should I focus on?

"
Ludvator wrote:
you can go to poe.trade, set both maximum and minimum buyout to one chaos orb, perhaps some other criteria and you will see what items DID NOT SELL for one chaos and compare to your item(s).

Since I won't be getting a craft-worthy item any soon. How should I go about buying one that "has potential" and I can relatively easily craft over time? Should I be looking for these 1 c items that did not sell?

I know anything 5L or 6L would be to expensive to start with. So I was thinking I should get something with a good mods then over time try to 5 or 6L it.

Again, I appreciate all of your help. Thank you!
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1460817

Firestorm guide with gear and other advice gl and hf

5l chest ~1c

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1460817
Last edited by alkiww on Feb 11, 2016, 2:26:35 AM
"
Hulaku wrote:
How should I go about buying one that "has potential" and I can relatively easily craft over time?

the most important stat of an item is it's item level (please don't mix it up with the requirement level, press alt while hovering your mouse over the item to see it) to not limit yourself.

it defines which affix tiers can roll on that item and it is not changeable. to start crafting you want one of the highest item levels which can have all affixes and suffixes.

the next thing to get is linked sockets on the chest, which is followed by the route of either applying chaos orbs after making it rare or go the alteration/augmentation/regal/master craft route.

if you think of crafting by adding mods to rare items yourself you have to consider that there are endgame items available for one or two exalted orbs. it's not worth it.

alternatively you can also learn to identify prefixes and suffixes on rare items (hybrid mods make that difficult) to immediately see if an item has an open prefix or suffix (it can only have 3 of both). this allows you to buy items from the market which have potential by just master crafting the missing mod. (item level is not applicable when master crafting).
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Feb 11, 2016, 4:11:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info