Soorya - The Two Handed Mace Wielding Marauder

Trying a build suitable to a Marauder who can wield a two-handed weapon; at the same time trying to keep some decent armor and elemental resistance.

Please comment and amend the build as desired.

Thanks and regards

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Basis

Strength (Red): The Marauder
Strength confers raw brute power, and is represented on weapons by high base damage. Strength armor pieces grant physical damage reduction. Monsters aligned with Strength generally hit hard and take many blows to defeat. Our announced Strength character class is the Marauder.

In Wraeclast, defense is as important as offense. The defensive properties of armour pieces are dependent on what attributes they are aligned with. Strength armour conveys Armour, which reduces incoming physical damage. Highly effective against swarms of small monsters, armour has a greater effect on smaller amounts of damage.

Players can use any items or skills, providing they have enough of the relevant attribute requirements. There is the flexibility to dabble in unaligned attributes in order to use off-class skills and items. However, it is generally more efficient for players to invest in the attributes appropriate to their character class.

... So the aim was to focus on strength to achieve high base damage and decent physical damage reduction (armor); for a marauder is not meant for being a master of critical hits or a master of evasion.

Build considerations:

- Melee physical damage
- Two handed weapon damage
- Attack speed
- Offense is the best defense
- Should not get stunned
- Enemy should not evade attacks
- Enemy should not leech life or mana
- Should leech life per hit/ per kill
- Reasonable armor
- Reasonable elemental resistance

~ A marauder's advantage being in strength, attempt has been made not to pick dexterity/ intelligence nodes or skills; and to focus on strength and strength-related skills.
~ No accuracy ratings are needed as enemy won't be able to evade.
~ Focus was on raw physical damage in one-on-one combat - at the cost of sacrificing mana/ elemental damage/ critical strikes/ area of effect related skills.
~ High damage per hit and guaranteed hit may achieve high life leech to compensate for low hp. Reasonable life regeneration may also help.
~ While many enemies/mobs with average damage are attacking simultaneously, a high damage reduction (armor/resistances) might probably play a greater role than core life points.

Maces require pure strength so it might benefit for a marauder further from using a two handed mace. Few very good active skills work with maces. Maces also cause stuns and some stun-related skills may easily be picked while using maces.

Mace Specialized Two-hander

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0JlgsoD1QPzBLZEuEUIBRNGJEZLhnpGj4b-iECITQhVSSLJd8nICftKLUpLir2LPsyCTa6Nug5DjpSOzs9Dz38QKBBP0RyR35N2FBHUeZUSVWpVgRYPVhjXQBfOV8_YIhgxGEhYVJnm3Kpdu53YnuMfLh8u3zZgSuBb4OxhMSE2YZgh2qKdIx2kGyUh5e0mSucJ548nsWfy6CdoRui6qQZpmSnMKkaqWipc6mUq8Wsqqy6reS0L7ndwQTE9sbYyZjKkNSP3D3d497B37Lfv-St51LrCe4U7w7vTvGs8i_ynPPd9zL3vvyJ

Achieved:
+351% damage
+219% armor
5% life regeneration (20 seconds to regenerate full life)
+70% life
+36% elemental resistance
+44% attack speed

Strength Skills

- Heavy Strike
- Glacial Hammer
- Ground Slam

Mods and Jewellary

Armor: Carapaced, Impregnable, Jagged
Damage: Flaring, Tyrannical
Life: Vampire's, of the Troll
Resistance: of the Rainbow, of Exile
Attack Speed: of Grandmastery
Attribute Increase: of the Titan
Movement: Cheetah's

Coral Amulet
Rustic Sash
Prismatic Ring

Another specialization could be fire damage. Marauder has easy access to skills like Lava Lash and Arsonist that might help. Highest level weapon prefix/suffix to watch for would be Cremating/of Ashes.

Two-handed Mace Wielder with Fire Specialization

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQPGBLMGDgmWCfYLKA48D1QPzBLZFCAUTRRxGJEZLho-IQIhNCFVJa0nICftKS4pTyr2MgkyiTa6OQ46UjwFPC09_EE_RHJG10z_UEdQUFHmVElVqVW1VgRX4lhjXz9fqmCIYMRhUmP9bPZul3Kpc-F253flerh65nuMfLh82YKbguSDOITEhmCKdIrki4yMz5ARlPuXtJvsnCeezZ_foJ2hG6ZkpzCpaKlzrKqsuq3kr2y0L7c-ud2-vMEExPbGrsbYyZjUfNSP3D3hc-dS52rrCew47SDuFO8O73zxrPIv8pz2SPeI9778if0L

If for a marauder life is the first concern then perhaps the HP-builds may be possible:

85 point build with life

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0PzBLZFCAUTRRSGJEZLho4Gj4aVSECITQhVScgJ9Un7SkuKvY26DkOOtg7Oz38QT9Hfk3YUEdQUFHmVElYY1nzXz9gS2DEYSFko2VNcql07Xrve4x8uHzZgW-E2YTvh2qMz5BVkGyePKIApmSnMKeEqZSrxayqreS0L7ndwBrBBMRYxtjJmNSP3D3eweSt51LrCew47w7wH_Gs8i_2SPe-_Ik=

Tank

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQY5CTMLKAz3EuEUIBRNFFIYkRjXGS4aVRrZG_oc5yDwJCUl3yfVJ-0pLjS-Nro26DpSOuE8LT38ROdHfk3YTeNQR1BQVElXDVhjWK9fP2BLYSFko2VNZtlqHmo7bpdvhHKpdE107XdieA15wHrvfLh82YFvhGOE2YTviPGMdozPkc6ePJ7NoLSiAKLqpBmmV6bPpzCoGKluq8WsWayqrpOvbLRztfK53bvtvorEWMT2xYrGrsbY0EfRNtIh2WHfv-Tx51LnY-nV7tnvDvAf8i_yRfKc8wbz3fZI9zL3vvuB-6r-Cv6P

Counting on active skill spamming for his offense.

Last edited by Soorya on Feb 23, 2013, 10:24:17 AM
111/111
Hi,

In my opinion, too much wasted / not worth it points here.
You take nodes with +4% damage or +8% with accuracy while this build RT.. that's just inefficient. Some nodes just don't worth it, really.

Without life, it is going to be very hard too survive late game.. especialy against chaos.
Armor scales badly at higher difficulties, you can improve it, but do not focus too much on it.

No int, no mana pool and mana regen, but no blood magic. How will you manage to spam skills ?
Do you want to use X% auras ? If not, consider taking BM with some life nodes.

I suggest you this edited one :

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEsw48D1QUIBRNGJEZLhtSIQIhVSftKLUpLir2Mgk26DkOOlI9_ERyRLJN2FBHVElVtVYEWK9dAF8_YIhhUmebcql27ngNe4x8uHzZgW-ExIZginSMdpwnnjyezZ_LoJ2nMKkaqWipbrXyud3BBNSP3D3nUu4U7w7vTvIv9zL3vq6TbPamVzrhiPHJmKZkD8xN46xZ_o-sqlhjxthZ88AakFWnhBo47Dg62KIA8B9R5rQvQT_krd7B37-BK9-ylIdYPZ7FvooB3Bv6pBkl34TZQKAFLWBLeu907fPd

I tried to keep your goal, high physical damage. But i took more efficient nodes, paths, etc.
I took BM and added some life and regen to sustain it.

Hope it helps, sorry for my english, not my native tongue.

EDIT: I took +mace damage nodes because i saw you suggest using Glacial Hammer, and i think mace is the best weapon in this case.
Last edited by Tekry on Feb 17, 2013, 9:22:40 AM
Yes there are several efficient nodes to be chosen instead; along the skill path. That's what the intention was.. to rather create a skill path along which many variants could be tried.

Appreciated...

Last edited by Soorya on Feb 17, 2013, 11:05:57 AM
I'm fucking tired of newbies trying to copy top players with some sort of their own awesome builds..... want a dislike button ASAP.

U played PoE for a week or so? THIS IS TOTAL CRAP. Get to lvl 80 with this junk post a video of high lvl map runs and then say it's a guide... also 111 points - WHAT THE DUCK... u have no idea how many points u wasted on total junk in this...well... junk...

Gimme dislike button ASAP!!!!
IGN: Seze
Tried to get about +350% damage, +220% armor, +45% attack speed, +35% elemental resistances.
About +70% life, 5% life regeneration, 3% life gain per hit.

Relying on high damage and reasonable attack speed increase with stun-locking where possible for %life gain per hit; also on life regeneration and life-buffed gear for hp.

Thanks..
Last edited by Soorya on Feb 22, 2013, 5:32:36 AM
"
_Seze_ wrote:
I'm fucking tired of newbies trying to copy top players with some sort of their own awesome builds..... want a dislike button ASAP.

U played PoE for a week or so? THIS IS TOTAL CRAP. Get to lvl 80 with this junk post a video of high lvl map runs and then say it's a guide... also 111 points - WHAT THE DUCK... u have no idea how many points u wasted on total junk in this...well... junk...

So far, this community seemed full of very helpful and mature players. Seeing your post, it changed my mind a bit.

You can always help a guy out and point out constructively what is wrong with his build ... instead of rage, geez.
"
_Seze_ wrote:

He is asking for suggestions, not bragging about his build (which of course he has no reason to). Instead of helping, you are flaming obnoxiously. Despite the fact that you joined a month ago as well, you are acting like a total douche with all elitism. Very mature.

Grow up "ASAP"!
Sorry, to say, but dead character's dps is equal to 0. With such pathetic amount of life Brutus will 1hit ko you.

Also 120/120 which is inachieveable.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73928 <-- [Newbie Friendly] Marauder Melee Build
IGN: NinjaArabStrategist
- How much is Brutus' +damage%? Will Soorya's +219% armor be not enough?
- How much is Brutus' +hp%? With +350% damage will Soorya still not be able to hit him?

Regards

Tank

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAdwB5wJxBLMFLQY5CTMLKAz3EuEUIBRNFFIYkRjXGS4aVRrZG_oc5yDwJCUl3yfVJ-0pLjS-Nro26DpSOuE8LT38ROdHfk3YTeNQR1BQVElXDVhjWK9fP2BLYSFko2VNZtlqHmo7bpdvhHKpdE107XdieA15wHrvfLh82YFvhGOE2YTviPGMdozPkc6ePJ7NoLSiAKLqpBmmV6bPpzCoGKluq8WsWayqrpOvbLRztfK53bvtvorEWMT2xYrGrsbY0EfRNtIh2WHfv-Tx51LnY-nV7tnvDvAf8i_yRfKc8wbz3fZI9zL3vvuB-6r-Cv6P

Counting on active skill spamming for his offense.

I guessed skill points cap was recently raised from 111 to 120 that must be for a reason.
Are the game developers trying to lead this game from 'unachievable' to 'more unachievable'?

85 point build with life

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0PzBLZFCAUTRRSGJEZLho4Gj4aVSECITQhVScgJ9Un7SkuKvY26DkOOtg7Oz38QT9Hfk3YUEdQUFHmVElYY1nzXz9gS2DEYSFko2VNcql07Xrve4x8uHzZgW-E2YTvh2qMz5BVkGyePKIApmSnMKeEqZSrxayqreS0L7ndwBrBBMRYxtjJmNSP3D3eweSt51LrCew47w7wH_Gs8i_2SPe-_Ik=

But perhaps the name 'Marauder' or 'Brute' doesn't suit to someone who feels helpless without hp for his survival..

Last edited by Soorya on Feb 23, 2013, 10:24:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info