[2.1] [Beginner Friendly] [65 Chaos Budget] Wunderbeef is: The Mad Bomber

Hello community, this is my first time actually writing out a formal build guide for something I've done, since some of my friends requested I actually do one for my current build. The initial idea came from me seeing Kingsguard, the unique body armour, for the first time. I have always been drawn to Endurance charges both as a means of staying alive, and as a means of dealing damage through discharge. I don't like the pure burn damage style of play though, so that was out of the question for me.

The previous league, I had done a Iron Will firestormer, which I immediately fell in love with. So the idea for this build was to use the endurance charges as both an offensive and a defensive tool. I generate them two different ways: 1) Warlord's Mark on blasphemy, and 2) Enduring Cry. Since enduring cry gives a nice burst of life regen, it is akin to a approximately 500 health instant flask.

I picked up the endurance charges at the Marauder and Templar areas, as well as the extra endurance charge from oak in merciless. This gives me a total of 6 endurance charges, which equals 600 life from Kingsguard every time my CWDT discharge goes off. While I HAVE the endurance charges, they give me a handy 1.2% life regen per second as well, which is a nice added bonus.

The Uniques I chose to use, which are critical are:

Doon Cuebiyari, which gives me nice added damage per strength as well as a lvl 30 Iron Will link to the already high base damage of Vaal Molten Shell;

Kingsguard , for that nice life, mana and defensive capabilities;

Windscream, for the additional curse, saving the points needed to track up to the extra curse at Witch;

2 Brawn Jewels with +6% Str and -10% Int, may be able to use a third, but a good damage jewel will probably outscale a third Brawn.

I also opted for the Lioneye's Shield, which gives me 30% block as well as some life and armour and other minor defensive stats.

If I had a well rolled Life/Armour/resist Archon Kite Shield, I could potentially drop one of my rings to add in a doedre's in order to use either Temp Chains, Assassin's Mark or Elemental Weakness.

In Total, if I would have had to do this from scratch, the total budget would probably be around 65 Chaos, but you can do without the Kingsguard, without the Lioneye's Without the Doon, and still do decent damage. If you're willing to compromise on your gear, you can probably cut off another 20 Chaos total.

The Expensive version of this, would use a 6 link Kingsguard, a well rolled Archon Kite Shield, Perfect Doon/Doryani's Catalyst, Doryani's Belt, Incredibly high Life/Str/resist jewellery. Which would be easily within the 20-25 Exalt range if not more depending on the rolls.

Links are:
CWDT (as high lvl as possible) - Discharge - Chance to Ignite - Increased Burn Damage
CWDT (as high lvl as possible) - Firestorm - Increased Duration - Fire Pen

Flameblast - Faster Casting - Fire Pen - Iron Will - Controlled Destruction

Vaal Molten Shell - Increased Duration - Fire Pen (in the Doon)

Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark - Flammability

Clarity (Unlinked)
Faster Casting - Flame Dash

Build Link (lvl 85):

Defensively I'm sitting at around 4.5k armour plus, at times, the armour provided by Vaal Molten Shell and the Granite Flask. Optimally I would want my primary life flask to be a faster regen one with bleed immunity, so I can change the granite to grant +90% armour on use with some Charge recovery, but it is as it is.

I have to admit that I didn't check the forums to see if there are similar builds, but I think it is a really fun build to play. It's a bit risky sure, but unless you are doing reflect maps (UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU) you should have no issues with any of the bosses up to and including tier 10 maps. I have not yet had the luck of getting enough tier 11/10 maps to consistently test it's viability, but I am looking to expand my map pool in order to better test it.

I have done a twinned Jungle Valley with the build, which is a testament to it's tankiness, and I have also tested it in Poorjoy's Asylum and Olmec's Sanctum to great effect. Here's some "quick" map runs I recorded to test it's clear speed. And though it's not incredibly fast, it's decently fast and safe. I apologize for the potentially bad quality and horrible choice in music, I didn't really know what to add to it.

Map Runs:

I'd welcome any comments and would love to hear your guys' feedback :)!

If needed I can add a very in depth explanation of how to play the character to maximum effect, but to be honest, what's wrong with just running in like a maniac as explosions go off around you. Who doesn't like watching the world burn?

Current Gear:

Last edited by Wunderbeef on Feb 13, 2016, 6:44:25 AM
I will be working on refining this guide over the coming week(s) to try to make it the best it can be. Until then, I am still open to questions and feedback to help me improve it. I will start with the formatting and later add chapters and more in-depth explanations etc.
Hit level 90 :)!
Last edited by Wunderbeef on Feb 19, 2016, 8:39:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info