How does PoE stack up to other games graphics wise?

So first let me start by saying that my current computer sucks. I mean you can not possibly imagine how sucky it is, I can't be next to monsters without getting a maximum of 5 fps, so I recently had a realization as to how much it sucks and am working on building a new one. It's my first time building a new computer and I am slowly putting together the parts and doing tons of research. And all over the place there are reviews and stuff and they always use real world examples of games like GTA 5, Witcher 3, etc. And myself not being a gamer hardly at all (My interests lie solely on PoE) Have no idea what "50 fps on GTA 5" means. can someone who is a more versed gamer please tell me how popular games like that stack up to PoE fps wise? Thanks a ton in advance :D
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
If you're doing nothing inside a white map poe is very easy to run.

If you have any sort of ground effect, herald of ice, 4P + party, or any kind of taxing aoe skill then no computer in the world will give you over 60 frames per second.

I have a GTX 970 and i2500k and Just using LA or KB + herald of ice will spike my fps from 120 to less than 30 depending on pack size. On any sort of ground effect my fps goes from 120 to 40-60.
In fracture maps my fps will dip to under 5 any time i shatter a large pack.

This imo is currently poe's biggest issue.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 5, 2016, 4:38:31 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

In fracture maps my fps will dip to under 5 any time i shatter a large pack.

This imo is currently poe's biggest issue.

Strongbox + Huge Packs + Fracture + Pre-Charged Flameblasts to one shot the pack always crashes my friends client. It's all funny listening to it on Teamspeak but I'd be pissed if it was me...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Thank you very much for the quick reply, that is quite helpful, I'm looking to run my system with a Skylake i5-6500 and a graphics card in the 200$ range, so I think I'll be good. Can anyone else give me an estimate of about how much processing power it takes to run say GTA 5 at 50-60 fps?
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info