[2.1.0] 2H Axe Cyclone Marauder 200000 dps! Oneshot lvl 80 mobs

Hey guys, I wanted to share my cyclone Marauder Build with you. After the passive reset some time ago, I decided to respec my lvl 91 marauder into a cyclone character. I experimented a lot to gain extreme dps while being farely tanky.

Pros;

Spoiler
- Very Cheap for beginners but does also scale good with top gear
- High dps and high movementspeed provide us super fast clear
- Capped Chaos damage
- Lots of damage mitigation through flasks and fortify
- High life leech
- Quick and efficient Atziri farmer
- Tons of fun guaranteed!

Cons;

Spoiler
- you rely on your flasks
- reflect can be a problem as we deal insane amounts of damage!
- Bad in PvP

Passive Skilltree;

Bandit choices;

Spoiler
Normal: Oak - We are life-based, so this is the best choice
Cruel: Kraityn - Cyclone scales well with extra attackspeed
Merciless: Oak - The Endurance charge provides us with extra tankyness in the endgame

Gems;

6L ( Main attack setup )
Spoiler

4L ( Cast when damage taken setup )
Spoiler

For Auras I go
- Hatred for maximum boost in physical damage
- Herald of Ash for extra burning damage and Physical damage

As We don't use bloodmagic, we need some spare mana for attacking with cyclone, so we are only able to run 2 auras.

For Vaal Gems we use
- Vaal Haste for a boost of attackspeed and movementspeed
- Vaal Cyclone for fast map clearing

As our utility spell, Leapslam is perfect as it scales with Attackspeed, which is one of our main stats!

We also run a lvl 20 Bloodrage which is easily sustained by our Life regen, to boost our damage even more by using frenzy charges and the attackspeed bonus from the spell itself.

For Curses, warlords mark is the way to go as it provides us extra leech.

Gearing;

No Uniques are required to run this build, however I will show you my item choices and the reasons behind them.

My Gear;

Spoiler

Axe
Atziri's Disfavour is a nice choice if you have a bit of a budget to spend, but not enough to buy mirror worthy gear. It provides +2 lvl to all support gems and the bleeding on hit effect, which will significantly boost your overall clearspeed!

For levelling to early endgame, Kaom's primacy / any rare 2h Axe with high physical damage are a good way to go.

Amulet
Any rare amulet which has life + Resists crafted on it. You can also go for physical damage on your amulet if you are capped on resists!

Rings
The reason we go double Ming's heart for my ring slots is that it grants us lots of chaos damage as extra physical damage which can not be reflected and is often poorly resisted by mobs. For the cost of ~ -500 hp the rings give us huge chaos resist, leading our chaos resistance to be capped at 75%!

Chest
I use belly of the beast as it provides me with nice "overall-stats" in defence and life leech and the onslaught buff. Also its passive is also nice to use in combination with immortal call, which will increase your tankyness.

As an alternative, you can go for a legacy lightning coil, to get even tankier!

Gloves;Belt;Boots

I recommend using rare items for those three slots. The following stats are important;

1. resistances
2. life
3. high Armour
4. movespeed (boots only)
5. attackspeed (gloves only)
6. buffs to flask effects (belt only

Helmet

Devoto's devotion grants us tons of attackspeed movementspeed and chaos resist and is in my opinion the perfect round-up for this build.

If you lack elemental resistances though, I would recommend using a Rare Tri-res helmet.

[b]Flasks[/b]

Flasks are very important in our build as they provide us our main tankyness and a huge damage boost and are up almost the whole time when we are fighting.

My flasks;
Spoiler

I recommend using a health flask with the staunching mod to prevent dying to corrupted-blood mobs.

In my opinion, Taste of Hate is the best flask in the game as it brings both offense and defense mechanics into the game!

(STILL IN PROGRESS!!)

Pictures and Atziri Video will be added soon :)
Last edited by レオン on Feb 3, 2016, 4:57:50 PM
Last bumped on Mar 11, 2016, 12:05:06 PM
I really like your build and Im currently leveling a char for it. The only thing I was wondering about is how do you sustain your mana? I mean you have no mana regeneration in the tree or on the gear and you don't have a mana flask, do you put your trust only into warlord's mark?

Thx for the Awesome build
Can you update this build for Ascendancy please?
video?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info