Guessing on other Ascendancy classes

There are all Ascendancy classes announced.
"

Duelist
Slayer: offense, two-hand, leech, stun, melee splash
Gladiator: offense/defense, block, one-hand w/ shield, duel-wield
Champion: defense, fortify, taunt, team play

Shadow
Assassin: offense, crit, power charge
Saboteur: offense/utility, trap and mine, blind

Marauder
Juggernaut: defense, armor, life regen, slow resist, endurance charge
Berserker: offense, leech, warcry, no pain no gain

Witch
Necromancer: special, minions, offering skills

Ranger
Deadeye: offense, bow, chain/pierce/additional arrow/AoE
Raider: mixed, gain buff on kill, phasing, onslaught, frenzy charge
PathFinder: utility, flask

Templar
Inquisitor: mixed, ele attack and spell, ignore resist, reduced mana cost, debuff on enemies
Hierophant: special, totem, extra bonus to skills from different equip, mana(small MoM, add mana to es), power & endurance charge

How about the leftover? Just take a guess and see what we, players, want.

For me, it will be like that.
"

Shadow
#3: attack speed, special effect on hit (debuff/buff/spell cast)

Marauder
#3: life, damage reduction to nearby allies

Witch
#2: spell, small chance to cast additional time
#3: energy shield, leech to energy shield, on kill bonus

Templar
#3: Elemental status ailments (increase duration/damage, stackable w/ lower effect, additional change to apply other ailments), proliferation

Scion
(have no idea)

What is your guessing?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Feb 3, 2016, 12:59:22 AM
Shadow: the non-notable nodes on Assassin and Saboteur are both damage-related, so for the third Assassin class they will almost certinly be Evasion and Energy Shield non-notable nodes. However, the Raider has Evasion non-notable nodes, and I wouldn't say the class focus is "Evasion" so much as speed; it's more of the general concept of evasiveness. I think Mercenary fits as a name, and I think it'll be designed to have defensive and/or mobility synergy with the melee CI Ghost Reaver style of play. I'd be surprised if there isn't some kind of notable designed to help the Energy Shield and Evasion defensive combo work better than it does now.

Marauder: Some kind of Fire-based character, perhaps named "Shaman." Does cool stuff with Burning Damage. Especially for Righteous Fire builds.

Witch:
First: Energy Shield increases on all of its non-notable nodes. I suspect it will have a curse focus, perhaps even something truly amazing like "Your Curses ignore enemy Immunities to Curses," but kind of like how you can have non-summoner Necromancers and non-trapper Saboteurs, I think there will be ways to avoid the curse focus within the class, and instead do something else... hexy. I think the Unholy Might buff would fit rather well here, so probably something which lets you grant that to yourself.
Second: will probably offer bonuses to Spell (or maybe Elemental) Damage and be aimed primarily at the "Archmage" archetype. Basically a spellcaster version of Deadeye. I'm kinda hoping the focus is on "Area Damage," actually.

Templar:
I wouldn't be surprised if the name of this one is "Zealot." The first two Ascendancies for Templar are spell-related and totem-related, but Templar has melee nodes right within its starting area, so something melee themed is to be expected.

Scion:
Having only one Ascendancy available to Scion seems to indicate to me that it's not only very flexible, it's downright customizable. I expect jewel sockets to play some major part in the Scion Ascendancy, perhaps even having jewel sockets within the Ascendancy itself.

BTW: Art for the remaining Witch and Templar classes can be found here, Marauder and Shadow here.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 2, 2016, 11:43:27 PM
Yup, I miss curse. Ignore enemy Immunities to Curses is great. It makes sense for improving curse heavy build. It should appear in either witch or Templar. I thick it will be on witch with the energy shield bonus in the same class to make it like a team play/support play style.

For RF build, maybe it will be on Marauder. But the question is whether GGG will make a class focusing on one build only. As there is no ascendancy passive talking about life now, I think it will gain life bonus to boost defense, and RF as well.

I forgot the Aura too. Will it on templar with elemental status ailments? Inquisitor from templar is for both attack and spell, although the reduced mana cost benefit spell more. (I'm quite interested in whether triggered spell will apply "Instruments of Virtue". If it does, CoMK build will be quite fun.)

As for Scion, jewels bonus is a great idea. Something like reduced 50% of the requirement of threshold jewels is nice.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Feb 2, 2016, 11:51:31 PM
"
Duelist
Slayer: offense, two-hand melee, leech, stun, melee splash

Not two-hand melee, two-hand. So also bow.

OT:
The Marauder seems like something casterish, hopefully totems, maybe something with Iron Will.

Witch has probably a caster tree and a utility one. Maybe with curses, some defensive things.
I like Scrotie's take on this Witch tree.

Shadow is hard to say from the picture, but maybe also something more defensive.

Templar looks really meleeish and he still needs a melee tree.

I'm really excited for the Scion. There where some good ideas here in the forum, but I'm stll not convinced about what she will really get. General things sound reasonable but way too boring, so she needs general notes that are still interesting. Maybe she just has a caster, melee, projectile and def route. But that would also not really be interesting.
IGN: Scordalia_
Last edited by Caliginosus on Feb 3, 2016, 12:18:24 AM
"
Caliginosus wrote:
"
Duelist
Slayer: offense, two-hand melee, leech, stun, melee splash

Not two-hand melee, two-hand. So also bow.

OT:
The Marauder seems like something casterish, hopefully totems, maybe something with Iron Will.

Witch has probably a caster tree and a utility one. Maybe with curses, some defensive things.
I like Scrotie's take on this Witch tree.

Shadow is hard to say from the picture, but maybe also something more defensive.

Templar looks really meleeish and he still needs a melee tree.

I'm really excited for the Scion. There where some good ideas here in the forum, but I'm stll not convinced about what she will really get. General things sound reasonable but way too boring, so she needs general notes that are still interesting. Maybe she just has a caster, melee, projectile and def route. But that would also not really be interesting.

Thanks for correcting me. I didn't notice that it applies to bow (due to the background).
It's happy to see shadow having a defensive tree. But there is already evasion based class. Maybe it provides some secondary defense like "life gain on hit/kill" and "on full life, hit that will kill you will leave you 1 life".
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Marauder
Shaman - totems durr

Templar
Paladin - bashing things in melee + imba shield buffs

Witch
Elementalists - elements derp
Archon? - defensive ES / general spellcasting

Shadow
Alchemist - Poison / physical spells / potion?

Scion
Prodigy - we know it's about tree. Expect things like +100% to jewel effect, free skill points etc.

Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
Marauder
Shaman - totems durr

Templar
Paladin - bashing things in melee + imba shield buffs

Witch
Elementalists - elements derp
Archon? - defensive ES / general spellcasting

Shadow
Alchemist - Poison / physical spells / potion?

Scion
Prodigy - we know it's about tree. Expect things like +100% to jewel effect, free skill points etc.

Ye, I'd guess the same. Not so sure about 3rd Witch and Shadow. My guess is that Scion will be all about jewels. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't just extra 6 jewel slots, with extra effect on them, or something.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
Not so sure about 3rd Witch and Shadow.

Yeah, I guessed wrong, just watched the images and Shadow is going to be melee/evasion while Witch screams curse so loud I can't imagine she can do anything else :P
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
Not so sure about 3rd Witch and Shadow.

Yeah, I guessed wrong, just watched the images and Shadow is going to be melee/evasion while Witch screams curse so loud I can't imagine she can do anything else :P

Is there any image for other unannounced classes?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Feb 3, 2016, 9:25:09 AM
2nd post this thread. :/
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info