If you get in the beta....

.....pray this doesn't happen to you:

Download the game, run the patcher, it gets to 99% and stops. Then you get an error saying that PoE couldn't DL some file, but you don't know what file it was because the entire application decided to close right as the error was being displayed.

Try it again, and you get some 6.50 MB patch, which stops at 95% and stays there infinitely.

And you defragged/error checked your HD, ensured firewalls and antivirus programs were off before any of this was attempted. And you tried to DL the game SEVERAL TIMES (I'm talking dozens of attempts here, each time with a registry clean of the game's reg entry whenever the game had to be uninstalled/reinstalled to try again).

The sad part is that the game worked FLAWLESSLY up until the day of the 9.5 patch, then everything went to SHIT.

And yes, this system FAR EXCEEDS the minimum requirements.......unless someone here thinks that a 3.4 GHz 6-core processor on an Asus Xfire motherboard with 16 GB ram running an Nvidia 560ti is sub par for this game.

The real kicker is the fact that despite reporting this and asking for help, I got only one dev to even reply, and he basically said "Wow, tough break". NICE. Happy to see GGG cares about a potentially huge problem with their client app.

GG, GGG.
Give your key to me ;).
Did you try deleting content.cppk?

not sure on the extension name

but that should fix it

even if it doesn't you seem like an asshole and I don't want you around in the first place
Its the purpose of a beta.
I don't think sleep would effect me! Lol! Just kidding!
But seriously I would play Path of Exile thats for sure.
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg193/scaled.php?server=193&filename=lq54w.png&res=medium
The team is actually very sorry that this type of thing happens occasionally to users, and the most likely reason for the reply you got is:

They know that their content delivery system is broken, but unfortunately right now the only thing that can be done is to delete content.cppk and start over.

Sometime in the future they will need to update their content delivery system, as the current version is completely unacceptable, and they know it.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
They probably said tough break because while they feel bad for you, there is nothing you can do other than re-downloading the game.

It's nice that they at least gave you a response!
Bummer
Das Spiel ist Aus
"
Etna wrote:
Did you try deleting content.cppk?

not sure on the extension name

but that should fix it

even if it doesn't you seem like an asshole and I don't want you around in the first place

LOL I don't know why, but I laughed my ass off reading that
Well bro maybe check that you gave the installer admin privileges and check your router and firewall configuration. Id delete everything you downloaded and try again haha though it seems like a bummer it usually fixes the problem with most things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info