PoE still running through Steam and cannot open!

Hello,

I encountered a problem about 2 1/2 hours ago where my game froze when I tried to switch the display settings from Fullscreen to Borderless Windowed. Steam is stuck showing PoE as Running.

Things I've tried to fix this:

-Restart computer and unplugged it for 20 minutes.
-End the process, However it does not show in task manager Processess. It does show under Details though (But when I try to end it I get access Denied).
-Uninstall and reinstall (Wont let me due to steam registering the game as running) This includes deleting via control panel and also deleting the folder itself under program files.
-Verify integrity, NOPE didn't do anything.

I have no idea if this is a problem through steam, through PoE, or if Windows 10 is just being dumb.

-Please help me!!
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2018, 11:22:57 AM
Hey there! I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this :(

If you're getting an error message, could you please let us know what it says?
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Absolutely,

When I try to open the game via steam. I get "Failed to start game(app already running)"

trying to delete it through the details tab in task manager I get "The operation could not be complete" "Access is denied"
Thanks for providing that. This is a pretty common error for a lot of Steam games (which I have experienced myself with a few different games).

The first step would be to restart your computer and verify your game files, which you said you've already done, so that's great! Could you please try opening another game through Steam, and if that launches without issue, please close it and try launching Path of Exile again?

Queen of Padlocks
Just tried that, I opened FTL, Faster than Light. Opened fine; closed fine. Doesn't show as running after closing. I then proceeded to open PoE again and it's still showing as running and I get the same error.
Alrighty, thanks for trying that. When you open up your processes, are there any Steam.exe files or other processes that originate from Steam? If so, could you please end those, then if they end without any errors, restart your computer and run Steam as an Administrator.

Queen of Padlocks
OMG you're awesome! got the game running and the Display Mode fixed now! thank you soooooo much time to grind my life away on some hardcore talisman ROFL.
Yay! That's great to hear! Thanks for letting me know :)

Queen of Padlocks
Is there any way I can do a review or something? Seriously between how quickly you responded and how fast the issue got resolved. I'm quiet amazed at GGG's Tech Support! :D
Haha, we don't have an official review system in place, but if you're super happy with our support you can email us at support@grindinggear.com :)

Queen of Padlocks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info