This has been the worst year of my entire life. Please, distract me.

"
Antnee wrote:
My dad died last year. On the 28th of January, to be exact. Well, this year, January 27th, my mom went in for a routine hysterectomy; shed been having some issues since childhood and finally decided to have it out.

Mom gets put under, surgeon goes in, "wait, what the fuck is that"?

Colon cancer. Surgery stops, mom gets woke up, told the news. Schedules a CT scan to check for other nastiness.

Well, that scan was okish. Turns out it may not have been on her intestines after all, and could very well have been a ladypart tumor. So now its off to the gynecological oncologist.

The prospect of being a parentless 33 year old freaks me the fuck out.

Antnee, I'm really sorry to hear about what you're going through. The one thing that comforts me in the face of things like that is my relationship with Jesus. I don't know if you believe or not, but prayer has always been a powerful thing in my life, and I'd humbly suggest it if you're open to it. Even if you don't believe yet, thoughtful and heartfelt prayer is heard.

Sorry again to hear about your dad's passing and your mom's cancer. I'm 28, and I couldn't imagine losing my parents yet.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Yeah... hey, a new page.

---

Sorry to hear about your more bad news, Antnee. I remember the other thing and how torn up you were when it happened. I don't know how to help at all and I'm gonna walk on eggshells to not aggravate your situation.

For how terrible the truth is, it's in the sunlight now and you've still got time with her. We're all only here for long enough to make each other laugh; even a single day or a single moment can be all the world.
So, an update that has me feeling a touch better. Oncologist says the tumor is on one of her ovaries, and that those specific types of cancer are highly unlikely to return once the offending organs are removed... with a side-dish of chemo. Surgery set for the 24th.

I'll be shaving my head if she loses her hair... so that could be entertaining.

A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Why not just shave it off anyway? Something rad like a double mohawk. :D

Best wishes, bro.
Good to hear Antnee, my mom went true the same ordeal, if i remember correctly it has a very high success rate.

I wish you and your mom the best.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I posit that the fermi paradox is evidence of a universe where life did not evolve, but was created by a creator.

If life evolved one place where it was suitable, then in the billions of supposed years (according to evolved universe theory) there would be thousands if not millions of other sentient intelligent species and we would have already seen at least some of them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox
Last edited by Darkfyre on Feb 18, 2016, 2:17:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info