[2.1] SEXY CRITTY SPARKY WITCH! - CI to Low Life - Level as Hybrid - Stupid Fun!

As someone who played the infamous Sporker back in the olden days, I decided I would try a self cast variant in the present day.

I know Vaal Spark is a thing, and it is fun, but limited in my opinion. Vaal spark can even have a place in this build just to pop off, but Vaal Storm Call is a better candidate for taking care of map bosses.

My gear isn't going to be what is recommended at the start as I farmed for a while to get what I got.

LEVELING

As I leveled, I used the amazing skill Bladefall, with a 20 quality bonus for the increased AoE. It's worth it trust me. You will, and can use this skill until 50-60+.

Bladefall + Faster Casting + Added Fire + Spell Echo

I leveled as ES/HP hybrid, which made it easier to make the eventual swap to CI, and then Low Life when I got my Shavronne's Wrappings.

When moving through the tree, I stuck to the right side, picking up life/es as I went along. When you get higher in the levels, then the left side of the tree (Which is small) will be good to grab, for the crit. Crit Chance, and Crit multi will be one of your last stats to acquire as you will be leveling as if you were non crit.

Keep in mind, I KILLED the bandits in Normal, Cruel, and I helped ALIRA in Merciless for the extra power charge.

LEVELING TREE

After you finish, and want to make the switch to CI or even CI/Low Life here is my tree.

FINISHED TREE (CI or CI LOW LIFE)

TYPES OF GEAR AND EXAMPLES OF WHAT YOU NEED

Spoiler
RINGS

Spoiler
The rare ring, don't bother looking for Crit, you will have plenty through the tree, dagger, shield, and charges. Look for life, resists, and mana regen. IIR is a bonus.

For the unique ring, brotherhood is unbeatable in my opinion. The ability to freeze/shatter and 100% shock chance, makes this item amazing. I can even freeze bosses on occasion

BELT

Spoiler
Pretty standard. Get ES, Strength, and resists. I'm sure Atziris belt would be fine too for a tiny amount of leech and some damage, but we get more than enough damage from other items and the tree.

AMULET

Spoiler
For the Amulet, this could be pricey because you want Crit Multi and Crit Chance as well as Spell Damage and Strength and Dex or Int. Everything else is optional, but resists might be a good idea, unless you get a GG shield. We'll get to that later.

WEAPON

Spoiler
For the weapon, you want a dagger. Wands can give you projectile speed, but they can't get you WHIRLING BLADES. The stats you want will be Crit chance for spells - Crit Multi - Spell Damage - Add "Element" Damage to Spells. If Cast speed is possible that is what you would go for last, but if that is possible, then it'd be beyond expensive, and we get enough cast speed from gems, jewels.

SHIELD

Spoiler
The shield has the possibility to be rather expensive, as you want a good amount of ES,Crit Chance, and Spell damage. Not to mention resists would be a bonus, or mana regen. Do the best you can in finding a good and budget friendly shield, or take the plunge and chaos spam one like I did.

MAIN ARMOR - BODY - HELMET - GLOVES - BOOTS

Spoiler
Helmet you want ES and resists, and IIR for bonus if you can. These range from cheap to pricey, so do your best.

Boots, you can go for rare ES boots, Rainbowstrides or Skyforths for the rich option. I use Rainbows because they provide resists, mana, and good ES for the price

Gloves, you can do rare ES gloves, Maligaros, Voidbringers(If you can manage the mana cost), or my personal favorite for this build.... Winds of Change. They provide no real defensive bonus, except for the knockback, which can be amazing because of all the projectiles from spark hitting enemies, coupled with the kiting ability of Whirling Blades if you need it. They also give you a huge amount of damage through the 'Projectile Damage' and 'Projectile Speed' mods on the item. A must have imo. Colors will be difficult to roll.

For body armor, before I went low life I used a nice ES piece that I manage to 6L while 5Ling it.

But what you want to eventually get is a Shavronne's Wrappings for the ability to go low life so you can grab Pain Attunement, and run Discipline.

JEWELS

Spoiler
Looks for Jewels with Crit, Crit Multi, and Cast Speed. Spell Damage is ok, but the former are what are ideal. I just rolled my own, and will optimize them later (Maybe lol).

GEM SETUP

Spoiler
Dagger - Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks + Fortify

Shield - Curse on Hit + Herald of Thunder + Assassins Mark

Helm - Vaal Stormcall + Spell Echo + Increased Critical Strikes + Increased Duration

Boots - Blood Magic + Discipline + Summon Ice Golem + Enlighten (I only have wrath in their right now because I thought I could run it to somehow, ignore it)

Gloves - Innervate - Herald of Ice - Ice Bite - Clarity

Body Armor - Spark + Faster Casting + Echo + Projectile Speed + Life Leech + Fork or Pierce

If running a 5L, drop Fork, or Pierce. Keep in mind both of these are huge boosts to DPS and utility.

VIDEOS

Spoiler
Gorge with Fork Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDcb7ghJhmc

Spoiler
I love pie.
Last edited by xSyK0TiC on Jan 23, 2016, 10:47:15 PM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2016, 10:33:48 PM
I play a very similar build and If I may I would disagree with some choices you made. The 6L shavs shows a very endgame build state, however you should upgrade some of your gear, I think you could afford it, you have another 6L and whatnot...

Call of the brotherhood, and the mechanics built around it have some downsides. Using that ring the Lightning penetration support is not worth to use any more, but killing rare monsters and uniques will be much slower, if they have capped resistances (which occur pretty often on well rolled endgame maps). The build of course deals with white/magic monsters pretty easily anyway, but I feel the shortage will be at killing rare / unique monsters, where in the above case you may even do half of your damage compared to a light pen version. I personally can kill the 13-15 map bosses thanks to the high damage output, and the good mechanics of spark in the small boss arenas.

The Herald of ice with those supports allowed by the brotherhood ring is not consistent enough. I watched both your Gorge clear videos, which is a very optimal map for this setup, no backtracking, easy to kill, the lowest possible time for the charges to fall off, but still you dont have them up all the time. If you really want to keep this setup you should put Culling Strike on it, it should help it a lot.

On the rare ring slot Diamond Ring base is the best in slot, because the build is nowhere near capping crit, so it will always give the benefit, and you can get resistances on literally all equip slots. Resistance ring is only good if you can't cap your resistances on other gear pieces, and diamond rings are more expensive in general, but for endgame your best piece should be a diamond ring with cast speed, and mana regen IMO.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
I play a very similar build and If I may I would disagree with some choices you made. The 6L shavs shows a very endgame build state, however you should upgrade some of your gear, I think you could afford it, you have another 6L and whatnot...

Call of the brotherhood, and the mechanics built around it have some downsides. Using that ring the Lightning penetration support is not worth to use any more, but killing rare monsters and uniques will be much slower, if they have capped resistances (which occur pretty often on well rolled endgame maps). The build of course deals with white/magic monsters pretty easily anyway, but I feel the shortage will be at killing rare / unique monsters, where in the above case you may even do half of your damage compared to a light pen version. I personally can kill the 13-15 map bosses thanks to the high damage output, and the good mechanics of spark in the small boss arenas.

The Herald of ice with those supports allowed by the brotherhood ring is not consistent enough. I watched both your Gorge clear videos, which is a very optimal map for this setup, no backtracking, easy to kill, the lowest possible time for the charges to fall off, but still you dont have them up all the time. If you really want to keep this setup you should put Culling Strike on it, it should help it a lot.

On the rare ring slot Diamond Ring base is the best in slot, because the build is nowhere near capping crit, so it will always give the benefit, and you can get resistances on literally all equip slots. Resistance ring is only good if you can't cap your resistances on other gear pieces, and diamond rings are more expensive in general, but for endgame your best piece should be a diamond ring with cast speed, and mana regen IMO.

So drop Brotherhood, and Herald of Ice? Wrath/Clarity/Disc/HoT?
I love pie.
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
So drop Brotherhood, and Herald of Ice? Wrath/Clarity/Disc/HoT?

Yes, that's what I use. If you want consistent frenzy charges you can either use Blood Dance or run Blood Rage with ZO.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
So what aura's are we going for now? if we don't take Brotherhood and just have dual diamond rings?
"
shiodas wrote:
So what aura's are we going for now? if we don't take Brotherhood and just have dual diamond rings?

Wrath and Discipline.
I love pie.
could you make a 2.2 skill tree?
Update Pls

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info