Can spells cause bleeding effect?

Hi guys,

can a spell like blade vortex cause bleeding, if I have equped a weapon with the 'cuases bleeding on Hit' mod (like Atziri's Disfavour). Or is the bleeding effect just limited to melee attacks?
In the case of Atziri's Disfavour (and other "on Hit" modifiers found on Weapons), the ability to Hit is a natural stat of the weapon, so any on-Hit modifier found on a weapon is local (and will therefore only apply to Attacks, and never to Spells).

I think it's kind of confusing too, but at least it's mostly consistent with how modifiers work in the rest of the game.

As to whether Spells can cause Bleeding in general, I don't think it's possible yet because all the Bleeding on Hit modifiers I've seen are found on Weapons.

Fingers crossed for bleed spells in the future though!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jan 21, 2016, 4:18:44 PM
Ok thx for the clarification.

My initial idea was to get a weapon which causes bleeding, get a CWD setup with balde vortex (to apply bleeding) & to use the bloodlust gem for my main attack. But now: RIP idea
Last edited by 7thSlap on Jan 21, 2016, 4:29:09 PM
As from now, you can only apply bleed trough attacks but for what you are thinking I think you could use some trigger gems like Vengeance and Reckoning who both have area of effect. Those Trigger will apply bleed to the surrounding ennemys (if you use a weapon with the bleed affixe of course) allowing you to use bloodlust with your main attack.

Should work pretty well if you are melee.
Last edited by IceDeal on Jan 21, 2016, 4:40:04 PM
It will work, here and there. But imho it will still be too situational to be worth a support.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info