I need HELP, What HAPPENED, NEED Explanation please

Passive skill tree build

This was my original build, before I decided to refund all health PSkills and go with Chaos inoculation and energy shield build. When I had both health and energy shield I had around 2500 Energy shield (with usage of Discipline aura). Now after I refunded all the points for health my shield became around 1700 (with Discipline aura)

This is my build after so far. I sacrificed some Pskills in order to increase ES
Passive skill tree build

Can someone please explain what happened? and how I can get at least 3K of energy shield, I've seen players with 10K energy shield.

Thanks in Advanced
Last edited by MoeC on Jan 21, 2016, 2:35:48 AM
I'd assume that some of your gear now has too high attribute requirements for you to use, since the tree swap lost you 60 str and 30 dex.

The amount of ES you have on your new tree is still pretty low. I'd usually aim for at least 200% including intelligence, you have about 150%. More importantly though, ES hyperscales with your gear. People with 5-digit ES will probably be wearing a Vaal Regalia with 800+ ES and similarly high totals in the other slots (not to mention 300%+ ES on tree). You really need some solid ES gear to CI properly.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Jan 21, 2016, 2:34:18 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
I'd assume that some of your gear now has too high attribute requirements for you to use, since the tree swap lost you 60 str and 30 dex.

I made sure that doesn't occur, just fixed the the second tree remembered to add the 30 dexterity.

"
viperesque wrote:
The amount of ES you have on your new tree is still pretty low. I'd usually aim for at least 200% including intelligence, you have about 150%. More importantly though, ES hyperscales with your gear. People with 5-digit ES will probably be wearing a Vaal Regalia with 800+ ES and similarly high totals in the other slots (not to mention 300%+ ES on tree). You really need some solid ES gear to CI properly.

I see, so i think I will have to sacrifice some more Pskills, damage and items :'(
Was it a good idea to switch or was my previous build better? I hope it was worth it.
I was following a build in the forums called [2.1] SuperNova - 200k+ AoE dps ! Insane clear speed - Super fun - Atziri viable | Featured by GGG!

So basically i thought I could switch to ES and Chaos inoculation, yet still achieving a lot of damage
Last edited by MoeC on Jan 21, 2016, 2:43:04 AM
"
MoeC wrote:
So basically i thought I could switch to ES and Chaos inoculation, yet still achieving a lot of damage

You can! It's just expensive.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
"
MoeC wrote:

You can! It's just expensive.

Expensive how? too many skill points needed or just really good items with good hyperscale ?
OP, post your items.

Or make it such that we can see your characters in your profile.

No useful discussion will come out unless we have that information.
"
OP, post your items.

Or make it such that we can see your characters in your profile.

No useful discussion will come out unless we have that information.

I just Unckecked "hide character tab" in privacy did it work?
The Witch LVL 71 Is the one I am Using
Got it.

Your items are very very bad for any type of ES build, much less CI.

Please find some of my hybrid items here:

These are by no means perfect gear but you may be able to see what energy shield level on each gear slot you would want to aim for.

Search around in poe.trade for bargains. Should be very easy to find good items within 10 chaos. That should get your ES total to around 6k with CI, which is ok for doing low mid tier maps.
"
Got it.

Your items are very very bad for any type of ES build, much less CI.

Please find some of my hybrid items here:

These are by no means perfect gear but you may be able to see what energy shield level on each gear slot you would want to aim for.

Search around in poe.trade for bargains. Should be very easy to find good items within 10 chaos. That should get your ES total to around 6k with CI, which is ok for doing low mid tier maps.

I see, much appreciated mate

Ok so I should only look for ES and not worry about armor and ES Hybrid?

Also what exactly should I be looking for in trade, haven't really used trade before and don't know what items that would help and if fair price.
Glad to help.

For all armour items (with the exception of the shield), the best ways to search poe.trade are:

1. select the type of item (e.g. boots)
2. In the defense field, input say 150 (fair number for energy shield on boots)
3. on the mods dropdown menu, select (pseudo) total elemental resistances and put the minimum number to be around 60.
4. Put move speed as one of the mods too, I would aim for 20% at least.
5. Results: http://poe.trade/search/ubeuimihahewar
6. Sort this by price, and you can also set it such that only the online traders' items are shown
7. Select a good item to purchase. I saw a pair called "Brimstone Span Sorcerer Boots" with 150 shield and 30 cold 30 lightning resists, and 20% movespeed for 25 chaos, very fair price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info