Endless PoE learning curve

I love this kind of games, before PoE I play many different, some good ones and the others too (no names required).
When I start playing this game I left all other games, I mean ALL, I don't check facebook or youtube anymore my world it's Path of Exile now. Recently I made a post about me reaching 5000 hours of gameplay in 16 months, thats 10 hours per day every day last year; someone in that post say "so many hours and you don't have a level 100 char?"

There it's a lot of reasons because I don't have a lvl 100 char but most important it's the difficult to learn game mechanics, English it's not my language so the first months was a pain in the ass, besides when i was on the right path, new expansion, new skills and new support gems to learn about.
C'mon give me a break! I'm still learning, yesterday I find out that every day it's something to learn
there it's too many skills, too many supports, too complex passive tree and when you think you get into it, some patch change the tree, add many uniques, skills and supports.

Once again, I love this game and GGG make it fresh, but actually the game it's more than just clic the mouse button to kill stuff like other games, PoE requieres to use your brains, your memory, math skills; increased or more? converted damage WTF? I find out that chaos was not an elemental damage after 4 months of playing the game.

There it's alot of dumb people like me, who looks this game very difficult to learn, forum help a bit (only if you knows what you looking for), same as Google, and when you find that thing you looking for it's... in English.

Tl,Dr: You always will still learning at PoE...i don't even remember why i'm writing this, maybe it's the beer or the dumb I am, could be both.

EDIT: sorry for my english
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Last edited by diegodgo87 on Jan 20, 2016, 11:45:04 PM
Learn the basic mechanics and interactions, then all new information becomes irrelevant.

Don't forget to spass out when GGG decides to just go "fuck basics" and throw in a contagion or two.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
Learn the basic mechanics and interactions, then all new information becomes irrelevant.

Don't forget to spass out when GGG decides to just go "fuck basics" and throw in a contagion or two.

Peace,

-Boem-

This game makes me have a paper notebook, a claculator and a pen to do the maths requiered, and that's true my friend.
Every league, every month my chars become better and better, but I cant be all GGG want to be, i can't be in the top at all things, and even if you understand game mechanics, you can theorycraft a good build, you still has to be good trader.
Level 100 is a short sighted and shallow goal much like people thinking they need mirrored gear to run high level content. What are you going to do after, let 400-800 hours of work rot because there is no reason to play a level 100 char?

However, I do agree this game is too difficult without a lot of knowledge or a lot of gear and it's not something you gain overnight or by reading a guide.

A child can reach level 92 easily with twinked out gear and some guidance but an experienced player can do it from scratch. The average player without gear and little experience can not possibly hope to achieve this without spending a huge amount of time failing(and learning).

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Los de habla hispana nos "olemos" desde lejos asi que esto lo postearé en español XD

Hola, soy de Chile, el culo del mundo. Llevo jugando esto mas de 2 años y aun no lo se todo. Siempre estoy enterandome de cosas nuevas. Tampoco tengo ningun personaje en nivel 100 a pesar de todo lo que juego (que no es poco)... PoE tiene un monton de defectos pero a la larga son las cosas buenas las que lo mantienen a uno jugando.
En todo caso nunca esta de mas hacer algunas cosas que tu no estas haciendo. Ver videos de Youtube es muy util para mantenerse al dia con las builds, aprender, descubrir cosas que nunca hubieras imaginado. En España tienen una comunidad de PoE y suben videos a youtube de vez en cuando, lo cual puede ser una forma de saltarse un poco esa barrera del idioma.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Just take care to enjoy the way you are playing it, and you seem to. So enjoy and be careful on your path. ;)
IGN: Scordalia_
"
Actkqk wrote:
Los de habla hispana nos "olemos" desde lejos asi que esto lo postearé en español XD

Hola, soy de Chile, el culo del mundo. Llevo jugando esto mas de 2 años y aun no lo se todo. Siempre estoy enterandome de cosas nuevas. Tampoco tengo ningun personaje en nivel 100 a pesar de todo lo que juego (que no es poco)... PoE tiene un monton de defectos pero a la larga son las cosas buenas las que lo mantienen a uno jugando.
En todo caso nunca esta de mas hacer algunas cosas que tu no estas haciendo. Ver videos de Youtube es muy util para mantenerse al dia con las builds, aprender, descubrir cosas que nunca hubieras imaginado. En España tienen una comunidad de PoE y suben videos a youtube de vez en cuando, lo cual puede ser una forma de saltarse un poco esa barrera del idioma.

Gracias amigo, yo estoy en la Patagonia Argentina, a 30Km de Chile, de vez en cuando veo videos de builds y eso, me refeía a que el tiempo en internet es dedicado al Path. Igual este juego me encanta, en su dificultad está su enganche.

Thanks mate, I'm from Patagonia- Argentina, very close to your country, I do watch youtube videos, but only PoE related, anyway i love this game and I think it's in the difficult his hook
Level 100 is tedious. Even if you had all the knowledge available, it's still just a tedious grind. Most people get bored with the same build running the same content over and over. My highest is 92. I don't expect to get higher than that. It's more fun to start a different character with a different build.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
in my opinion, the best way how to learn is making (theorycrafting) variety of different builds on your own. And reading related wiki topics and forum threads during that process

once you know the basics, a good way to learn andvanced/tricky mechanics is also to read gameplay help forum section on regular basis. You will soon recognize what posters are worth reading. There are some people one can learn a lot from
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info