Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

EvolveEH's Chaos Fire Nova Mine Build

Let me start off by saying this is a softcore build. It could be adapted to hardcore, but i've built it for soft.

Video of Atziri Run (With special guest : Haast) : (Played 100% sloppy. When it's softcore, and you know you're not going to die, why not play like you doesn't afraid of anything?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWtwLXQaQrU - (I'll upload a smoother run later)

So far with a 5 link, a 7 mine burst does roughly 1 million up front chaos damage. This damage is then done over time. There's not much you can't one shot.

Average 5 link damage with Conc Effect, no charges :

Spoiler

With charges, it's around 13k average damage. I'll post dps with Inc AOE shortly (6.4k damage without charges(

Links :

Spoiler
Links are pretty simple, i'll list them in terms of importance.

Fire Nova Mine > Trap and Mine Damage > Void Manipulation > Controlled Destruction > AOE gem

My Gear :

My gear is nothing special, life resists, chaos conversion. Since we're running Vaal Clarity, we can grab the mine laying speed nodes from the tree, and also, we can craft it on our belt, and jewels. So far i have 37% increased mine laying speed, because Tora decided she didnt like me, and min rolled my belt. With a top Tora roll, and one more jewel socket, you can hit 51% mine laying speed, which is massive.

My Current Gear :

Spoiler

How to deal with Mana :

The Biggest issue with Fire Nova Mine, is mana cost. This is mitigated by running Eldritch Battery, and Vaal clarity, with increased duration. The reason we want to run this combination, is so that we can use our energy shield base to obtain 32 souls, and then have no mana cost. The danger is dipping into the mana pool. Once you dip into your mana pool, you start taking 100% increased spell damage.

Defenses :

With a level 3 enlighten, we can run Enfeeble + Temporal chains. These two curses mitigate most of the issues mines face. One large issue being, planting a mine, before taking a smack to the face. If you can slow an enemy down enough, to place a mine, and get away before you detonate it, you've succeeded.

Before getting a level 3 enlighten, you can run a geofri's crest with a +2 enlighten, or, you can run a level 2 enlighten without a geofri's crest, and grab the 4% reservation node in the Influence cluster.

I experimented with MOM + ZO + EB, however, taking chaos damage was a massive issue, while running infernal mantle. Chaos damage bypassing the energy shield, you take 100% increased damage by pretty well all chaos damage. This made me respec to the current defense, of Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics. Originally i thought that i may have an issue with mana cost, however it's a complete non-issue with the addition of vaal clarity.

My life is definitely lacking, 3.7k is not enough, I'm considering dropping facebreakers for rare gloves with life, and maybe getting a corrupted amulet with life, and dropping windscreams. But hey, this is softcore.

Passive Tree :

Some of the pathing decisions are open for criticism, I'm open to any suggestions.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcFQgW1Bx4I1Aj0DkgOjhEvEZYRwha_HvAgbiNfI_Yk_SaVKgsrCiycLR8wcTB8N9Q6QjpYPV9BlkcGSVFLeEyzTZJQMFFHUlNVS1XGXEBd8mHiYqxjQ2SdakNqjGwIbIxtGXBRcFJzbXWedm9-sH_Ggh6D24fLidOKBow2jX2Nv4_6lSCVLpeVl_Sdqp3ZoEOio6LZp5uus7DYtMW1SLd1vOrAVMHFwfPC7MgUzxXQ0ND11CPYVNsL217b592o51TrY-v17T_uFfDV8PnxivId8uH1b__e?accountName=EvolveEH&characterName=HowBadCouldMinesBe

Mapping :

Clear speed is actually pretty decent, but takes some getting used to. Before getting mine laying speed, it's a bit clunky, and hard to manage. Once you get your dual curse setup, and your mine laying speed, it's a breeze. I've so far worked my way up to T15s, and I'm not having any troubles. The only map mod that I do not do, is Curse Immune, as most of my defenses are based around curses.

Power Charge Generation :

I felt like the mine passives for power charge generation werent enough, so I opted to go with CWDT - PCoC - Blade Vortex. While fighting a large boss (eg. Atziri), take out cwdt.

More to come. I haven't made a build guide before. I'm not sure what all needs to be included.
Last edited by EvolveEH on Jan 18, 2016, 7:21:17 PM
Cool build, been doing the similar build, but non-crit based. my DPS is considerably lower but I've been using abyssal cry to great success and feel like 6 mines is usually enough to kill most boss. Though I've only done up to tier 13 maps so far, mostly because of poor RNG and not because I've been having any trouble clearing them.

My deeps is like 3.5k per mine with AOE, and like 5k with Conc effect. But on the flip side am sitting on like 5.2k health

I found aztari pretty easy with this build for the obvious reasons, the chaos damage destroys everything before any really threat. For maps I mostly run around dropping 1-2 mines and, firing them off and then crying which blows up most of the screen, which has been a lot of fun. Then for bosses just lay them all down which is usually good enough. Especially if there is other mobs to blow up around them with abyssal cry.

Same with me as far as map mods go, curse immune is my only real problem. If the map isn't to rippy I'll usually still do it and just take is slow.

Gear

Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYABAcEswW1BnAHHgj0DkgPqxEvEZYRwhZvFr8abB8CH1sjXyP2JIskqiaVKwotHzBxMHwy0TY9NsU26TpCOlg8BT1fRUdFnUkTSVFLeEyzTZJOn1FHUlNTUlVLVcZcQF3yYeJirGpDaoxsjG0ZbWxwUXWedm96f36wf8aCHoPbh8uJ4Iw2jX2Nv4_6kx-VIJUul5WX9Jrgnaqdrp3ZoEOiAKKjotmnCKebsNi0xbVIt3XAVMBmwcXB88LswzrIFM8V1CPYJNhU2wvb592o42rmWOtj6-7uFe988B_w1fVv?accountName=KiDevil&characterName=AterTrapper

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack your thread, just thought I'd share my 2 cents on mining!
Last edited by KiDevil on Jan 19, 2016, 3:05:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info