Dark Souls 3

I like this box art :o

Spoiler

I still need to play Bloodborne and The Old Hunters DLC...im scared.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I like to try the Dark Souls games, but I just can't see myself ever enjoying a game with one shot death mechanics....

Ahem.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
I like to try the Dark Souls games, but I just can't see myself ever enjoying a game with one shot death mechanics....

Ahem.

The most consistent one shot death mechanic in DS is falling damage.

""You died""
I'm not surprised, trying to control Dark Souls with a mouse and keyboard was a fucking nightmare :( Other than my distinct lack of m4dskillzbrah, I blame that for most of my frustration.

Apparently someone made a patch to fix it, like an hour after it was released, but I (foolishly, I admit) never downloaded it.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
Yeah,I prefer to use a controller for games that need some form of jumping/climbing precision or combo fighting actions,some games like DS are far more enjoyable/comfortable on the console versions.I can't for the life of me play shooters with a controller though,although I try in Destiny.

Funny thing about DS and falling to my death is that in real life I'm terrified of extreme heights and am also this way in the game (I start to sweat and get all tense),yet when I get invaded I always head to the highest ground possible with the smallest available amount of free space .... and usually kick the invader off the édge and into the abyss.

It's not very honorable,but then I'm usually out leveled and out geared by a huge margin to invaders and have to live with a ping that leaves me vulnerable to backstabs.

=P
Last edited by Temper on Jan 17, 2016, 2:15:46 AM
Very hyped for Dank Souls 3, especially since Miyazaki is back to being the director.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I still have nightmares from the lava pit at Old Iron King.... and Fume Knight.

Can't wait for the torture challenge that Dark Souls 3 brings.

I am kind of excited, but also abit sceptic about it. Souls series are possibly my favourite franchise of the this decade, but we already have 4 games, theoritically on 3 seperate IPs(Demon Souls, Dark Souls, Bloodborne), that seem to reach Assasin's Creed levels of similarities. They all came out too quickly as well. The gameplay IS going to be killer of course like always.

Nait: Contraty to popular beleif, there is almost NOTHING in the soul series that actually one shots you, at least if you are in the appropriate level for the area-which comes naturally in general, no need for farming. Even on NG+7 almost nothing one shots you. There are exceptions, but they are designed around being an one shot, like The Ancient Dragon, which means really slow and telegraphed hits which you can easily learn to avoid.

Charan: Dark Souls was essentially Demon Souls 2. Reading between the lines, the main reason they changed the name was that Demon Souls IP was owned by Sony, and they could not go multiplatform. The Emerald Herald in DS2 comes pretty close to the Maiden in Black.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Who's in on Day One?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info