If i would be a vendor

Part1:
and people would complain about my wisdomscroll i gave them for their crappy white loot, i would throw their white crappy items back at their head and insist on a refund of my shiny scroll !
And surely would never offer them something similar again.

Part2:
If i find out that i can manipulate all the fckung Goldsellers out there with a Orb of Alchemy, and drive them into statements like "Oh, if i find a yellow item and combine these with that, i can make a OoAlch out of every yellow item" , i would surely abuse these little minions and make them work for me.

Actually , the real truth about this recipe is to remove 2 yellow items, not 1. Even if you try to argue that the given OoAlch is a yellow item too, there still are 2 removed yellow items ! There is no garantue that the given OoAlch is used anytime soon. There is a high chance of this orb to get traded and traded and traded and traded, perhaps it gets consumed if there are no more yellow items left on the market. But then its still a win/win situation for me, there would be still 1 missing yellow one.

Combining Part1 and Part2:
As nice as part1 sounded, perhaps we should remove the shards and search for a better use for them. Cutthroat-league comes to mind, we still want to promote PK in this league. How can we approach this ?
Every dead player dropps a random shard, you can farm your way up to a OoAlch.

I think the mainproblem of those 2 parts, besides many people didnt understand it correctly (myself included), is that they both offer the same, leaving us with 3 ways to achive something. 2 of those ways are nearly similar.
1one is grabbing everything and vendor it for nearly nothing
2one is grabbing selectivly and vendor it for 1thing
3one is grabbing only usefull and kill monsters.

Seperate Part x:
Secret recipes
Its like a backdoor for a incoming market crash.
Everytime a working recipe will be discovered and well adopted by most of the community, there could be a significant decrease of wealth in connection to the corresponding Orb. Thats clearly something that humans try to avoid when it comes to currency.

The other side would be, as an developer it would be interesting to know which recipes are still hidden and which recipes are found already. You never know if what you programmed was a wasted effort of time or if its used already. Im pretty sure someone found a recipe for the exalted orb already and kept his mouth shut ^^

The other part is, like handing out Betakeys, there will be people that dont post but read, same applies to those that dont read because they dont know english well enough, or dont read in general. Im pretty sure they still exist in this time.

The next one would be the players themself, you hand out a given variable x that is 33 and say its the secret number of the recipes, at the given time i believe we know 24 of those recipes. But there is no way to varify if i waste my time in an poor effort of trying to find the last remaining 9, if i dont know in which way you counted them. Does it mean there are 33 possible endproducts or does it mean 33 seperate ways to achive them. Further, do shardrecipes count seperate or is math just a matter of sorting numbers.

You could hand out ingame clues for every recipe if you insist to stay secret. Atleast some sort of semi-secret.

Bartering or universal currency
At the moment its unclear to me in which system we live here. Mainly upgrading orbs lead me to think that we are in an universal one. Converting Wisdom to Townportal to most other orbs is like a gold driven system to me. I still dont understand why others make threads and insist they want it back. Its there already.
Wisdomscrolls are clearly the 0,cent-decimals of our ingamewealth.
Maybe the reason why we cant reduce their droprate atm.

End-result: I clearly have no idea why i posted this, maybe its another Karl Marx thread, maybe not, who knows.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Dec 28, 2011, 1:15:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info