Soultaker Cyclone *Solo* MF

Hey Everyone,
Just to clarify this is a *Softcore intended build, use in HC at own risk but wouldn't recommend it*
So, back in Patch 1.3 I tried this build out in a different form before the release of Jewels and it was quite enjoyable. The idea came to me when I was playing a MF summoner bored out of my mind from the repetitive motion of controlling the pets. I wanted to create a build that counters Greed's Embrace movement penalty but also utilized melee range combat. I am and have always been fond of melee builds so I thought why not create a close combat MF build that is entertainment to my play-style. So, the list below is the current gear setup of the MF build

Gear Setup

The Unique choices for MF'ing

The Synergy weapon for the build. We'll expand on this reason soon

The only two Rares you have by choice in equipment, so build based on Jewel setup and what resist, Dex, and Int you need.

Current Jewels I pick for more DPS / To fill in resist and stats.

Gem Setup

5L Body Armour: Cyclone -> Faster Attacks -> Melee Physical Damage -> Added Fire Damage -> Life Gain on Hit (6L Throw on a WED or situationally what you want, if you use WED I'd also suggest swapping Added Fire Damage to Physical To Lightning as the synergy would benefit greatly)
4L Gloves: Cyclone -> Item Rarity -> Culling Strike -> Life Gain On Hit
4L Boots: Vaal Cyclone -> Life Gain on Hit -> Hatred -> Herald of Ashe
4L Helm: Cast When Damage Taken Level 3 -> Temporal Chains Level 7 (Ideally a 20Q one) -> Immortal Call Level 5 -> Summon Chaos Golem Level 4
3L 1Hand Weapon: Leap Slam -> Fortify -> Faster Attacks
3L Shield: Enduring Cry -> Blood Rage -> Blood Magic

So, The Gem setup is very easy, 1 cyclone for DPS, 1 Cyclone to Cull, and Vaal cyclone to swap in for culling or dpsing or even just use it as a 2-link to pull mobs in that you want to kill easily. So let's get the Defense / Offense breakdown of the build. You're extremely squishy with lack of Life on gear or high life in tree (You can substitute Max Life Jewels or Rarity which is up to your playstyle) but Currently I'm sitting at 3,600 life at level 80 which isn't the best but my ideal farming solo it is, I don't intend to do High level maps in this character solo and it was never the intention of the build. So the Breakdown

Defensive Pros/Cons

Pro Defensive Points of this build are,
You can maintain 6 endurance charges relatively easy that also synergize with Immortal Call
You have huge sustain in big packs of mobs with Blood Rage / Life Gain on Hit with Cyclone
Temporal Chains + Chill from Soultaker makes incredible good synergy for slowing mobs
Summon Chaos Golem ontop of all the Endurance Charges Gives a huge boost to physical mitigation before Immortal call Procs
Leap Slam + Fortify further boosts your ability to get into combat easily, with more defense and Cyclone for more sustain (Escape as well)
Leap Slam with High attack speed counters your lack of movement speed due to boots / -Movementspeed from Greed's Embrace
Always being at little to no mana thanks to Soul Takers Unique property keeping our Divination Flask up is easy to maintain (Extra elemental mitigation from Divination's for +Max Res)
Ruby, Sapphire, & Topaz Flasks + Divination make Elemental Mitigation extremely easy to facetank. (Swap in flasks accordingly for certain bosses to bring up res temporary to 89-90%)

Con Defensive Points
You are melee, you have alot more risk in taking damage and with lack of endurance charges up, Fortiy up, Flasks up, or even chaos golem up you could die extremely easily.
You rely on consistently casting enduring cry to maintain endurance charges to mitigate physical damage and in boss situations you will be limited on to the mitigation you can get to physical damage.
You are extremely tight on resists, Elemental Weakness maps are near impossible without the right Jewel setup and with barely capping Resists you may be extremely threatened by Cold or Lightning resist curses, Substitute Hatred with Purity of Elementals is plausible to fix this issue as well.
Puncture is extremely threatening especially with Endurance Charges down and the fact we cyclone so also be weary to use a Staunching flask.
Extremely low life (3,600 at level 80), do not underestimate this because in better terms we aren't immune to stun and big attacks can surprise you out of no where.
Enemies that run away/kite, ranged enemies, anything that makes cycloning annoying
Lack of movement speed causes extremely slow cyclones compared to normal builds, this will make range enemies more annoying (reason I double posted basically on this one)

Offensive Pros/Cons

Pro Offensive Points
Cycloning with Low movement speed makes it extremely easy to dps in small areas
Surprisingly you achieve 20-30k dps easily with this build (Possibly 40-50K+ with 6L especially if all gems are 20qualitied)
Blood Rage's degen is mitigated as we achieve over 4% Life Regen making it a consistent buff we can have up for extra dps / generate more dps through Frenzy Charges
Vaal Cyclone...Yeah it's equally fun as it is great for clearing mobs.
You're Leap Slam makes a great offensive synergy with cyclone to get into places and dps easily
Vaal Fucking Cyclone...
You're unique shield makes melee mobs effected by the Punishment Curse when you block, making your DPS shoot up even more (if Temporal Chains doesn't override it)
10% Chance on kill to gain Onslaught, because why not have even more Turbo to the build with no movementspeed.

Con Offensive Points
You will never achieve great clear speed even with vaal cyclone, it's just not in the builds design. Some maps you'll clear faster due to alot of factors but remember we're here to MF and create a build that's fun while double-Triple loot efficiency
You rely alot on mobs coming to you to deal damage, range mobs / kiting mobs will be annoying to kill (Snakes as example)
The soft nerf to cyclone has affected efficiency and is even noticeable on this build sadly in comparison to 1.3.
I'm sure there's more cons to this offensively but Idc I enjoy the offensive spec of this build.

Level 80 Skill Tree

Couple key points, In marauder if you need more resists there's 12% Lightning or Cold res you can pick up for a point. I spec'd into Duelist Physical attacks for the extra dps + flat life as that's the hardest stat to get in this spec.
Beserking is a must for me as the attack speed increase not only our DPS but also our Movement with Leap Slam.
In duelist you can swap 1 10str node for 2 12% phys dmg while holding a shield for more dps if you want.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAOyi-vAOWguRuPZARYEO-gIqve8ODCUrIbqq18nJsNZJ4DWxG_o_YvcAaMglN4_4KqW5vO6ZX8kV343loOuExngHcwQRko4TZXz9hIUd-L8wUIBo-9kiuUITvvTbBgu8O8i-Mz_5r2sGi6mVNUEc9_BPJdO0uUxLhvqfkUVhjZacFLdNvsKuXeXrvxIIoKorwi08V7OlGm2q5HYVS2WGtjc9-dqzqGPjr9zJkUrvt89182cGjTjKRzmhl4mEX4TB3JvhZ_hNM

Bandit Choices

Normal: Oak (40life)
Cruel: Kraityn (8% Attack Speed)
Merc: Oak (+1 Endo Charge)

Current Dps with Just Aura/Herald up: 23K
Current highest solo dps achieve: 36k dps on the 5L with Bloodrage, Onslaught, 3 Frenzy Charges, and Atrizi's Promise up. (Added Rumi's for more defense & Taste of Hate brings dps up to 41.2k)

With Divination Distillate up on our Item Rarity / Culling Strike Cyclone: 97% Quantity, 340% Rarity

End goal is going to be 350+ ir, 100+ iq with perfect gear / flasks without rarity jewels while hitting 35k+ dps before flasks

Well that's this build in a nutshell. If you have any questions feel free to post or pm me, Thanks everyone for looking it over.

Yemla
Last edited by Yemla on Jan 21, 2016, 5:04:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info