Viper Strike questions/build

Haven't been able to tease info about the skill out of general chat.

I'm not sure what mods affect the damage:
- Weapon Elemental Damage does not affect it (tested).
- Is chaos an element? (For +%elem_damage)
- Is viper strike a melee gem? (For +melee gems socketed)
- Are viper strike charges on enemies a debuff? (For +debuff passives and temporal chains/vulnerability)
- What is the crit effect of chaos damage?

Given the above, the best current plan seems to be attack speed, so a fast 1-hander sword/claw/dagger with frenzy charges passives, possibly with either Temporal Chains or Vulnerability thrown in. Aspd shield or evasion shield depending on survivability. (Also, what's the aspd cap?)

Going dex/str instead of dex/int seems a bit better, since sword's innate accuracy bonus is really handy and because Increase Skill Duration is a str support gem, though Lightning and Chaos damage supports are both int and benefit greatly from high quantities of attacks.
"
pneuma wrote:
Haven't been able to tease info about the skill out of general chat.

I'm not sure what mods affect the damage:
- Weapon Elemental Damage does not affect it (tested).
- Is chaos an element? (For +%elem_damage)
- Is viper strike a melee gem? (For +melee gems socketed)
- Are viper strike charges on enemies a debuff? (For +debuff passives and temporal chains/vulnerability)
- What is the crit effect of chaos damage?

Given the above, the best current plan seems to be attack speed, so a fast 1-hander sword/claw/dagger with frenzy charges passives, possibly with either Temporal Chains or Vulnerability thrown in. Aspd shield or evasion shield depending on survivability. (Also, what's the aspd cap?)

Going dex/str instead of dex/int seems a bit better, since sword's innate accuracy bonus is really handy and because Increase Skill Duration is a str support gem, though Lightning and Chaos damage supports are both int and benefit greatly from high quantities of attacks.

There are not a lot of mods that affect chaos damage as far as I know. And I do not think it can crit.

I do believe there is a curse that increases chaos damage taken, though I am not completely sure.

A good build might be to go with claws, for extra life gain while your chaos damage ticks, and go for the passive which makes you always hit, but never crit.

And faster attack speed for close to instant application of all debuffs. :)
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info