Nightmare last night

I had an incredibly vivid and detailed nightmare last night

I was in this huge log cabin complex, out in the middle of the woods, somewhere with my dad and brother - and possibly some others. not sure..

but for some reason we set up 4 motion detector machine gun turrets in this one room in the complex, which acted as a connector to another part of the building

and I was trying to adjust the range on them (there was a dial for increasing or decreasing the range on the motion detectors)

then all the lights went out

I slowly backed out of the room while looking in at the darkness and listening to the machine gun turrets machine whirring noise as they moved back and forth

we tried to turn the lights back on but couldn't

so we just shut the door and moved to another room nearby and went to bed

then I woke up in the night and found that my brother wasn't in his bed

and the lights still wouldn't work so I went outside in the hallway

then I went over by the door to that one room and listened

but the machine gun turrets weren't making their whirring noises anymore. somehow they had lost power too

so I tried to open the door but it was hard to open it, like something was pushing against it from the other side

I managed to get the door open

then I saw some sort of tentacle thing made out of water floating near the ceiling inside

and it had a hold my brother by the waist. he was shouting, and I grabbed his feet and pulled him away from it

then we ran outside the room and slammed the door, and for some reason I asked him what it felt like and he said it felt like cloud and seawater, which I thought was wierd

we were about to start barricading the door, when the power came back on and we heard the machine gun turrets start firing inside

and then we went back in and I was trying to turn on all the lights but I had to flip the switches several times to get them to come back on

my brother was holding the door open

then I was trying to reposition the turrets to get a better firing angle on the hallway, where the thing had come into the room from

and then I woke up

I feel like I'm not quite remembering everything and that it's possible my brother was also infected by the thing and started to transform into some wierd creature at some point.. but that's all I can remember.
Lol you gotta love the human brain some time. Remind me to tell you about the river witches, demon cow, flying 60 inch killer tv nightmare one time.
My nightmares always have hyper sensitivity. I also always die when I have a nightmare. Hell I remember like 7-9 years ago getting eaten by a dinosaur was a recurring theme. I didn't enjoy those dreams very much lol

Edit: typo
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Last edited by Einkil on Jan 14, 2016, 3:23:57 PM
I always lose my teeths in my nightmare am I the only one in this situation?
"
diablofdb wrote:

That has to mean something right? Google it.

Most vivid one i ever had was actually a month ago, cut a long story short i got twice and woke up. Kicker is i felt it, really frickin hot, burning, wet sensation in my chest. Scared the crap out of me, was genuinely happy to be alive when i woke up.
Teeth, sure, not lately though. Falling down a deep well is also nice. Or fast Zombies hunting you... :-)
"
diablofdb wrote:

Me too
And having my jaw dislocated
And losing my hair
just woke up from another one

in this one I was on a huge civilian space ship with doctors, researchers, technicians, engineers and a contingent of marines. I was one of the marines.

the rooms in the ship ranged from the huge open areas ~ 200 x 150 x 200 ft., to extremely narrow corridors and maintenance crawl spaces.

we were fighting an infestation of xenomorphs (Aliens movie). there were dozens and dozens, if not hundreds of them spread throughout the ship. power on the ship was semi-functional, with lighting being spotty at best (mostly emergency lighting) and force fields working only in some places and only intermittently.

I was wearing some kind of advanced combat body armor which looked like a combination between crysis nanosuit armor and protoss templar armor.

I was going through multiple guns worth of ammunition shooting at these things and they just kept swarming all around us, from the shadows.

my combat visor was an augmented reality dealy which accepted voice commands. I could switch between viewing different light spectrums and tactical overlays. I remember giving it the command to "active scan, all possible threats, priority overlay" over and over because it was damaged and the overlay kept fading in and out. It would highlight any possible threats in red, whether it was a dangerous object or a moving/living target.

periodically I would run out of ammunition for all the guns I was carrying or could find around me (there were scattered munitions from all the other marines who had already died in the fighting) and I would switch to vorpal blades. (yes, I had protoss zealot vorpal blades integrated into my gloves - but with a limited power pack).

at anything above 60% power, the blades would slice through the xenomorph carapaces, almost as easily as going through air.

I remember running out of power for them while in one of the lower crawl shafts of the ship (think waste processing/sewage access shafts). the tunnels were about 6.5 ft wide by 7 ft. tall, with like 2 ft. of treated waste water on the floor, water dripping from the ceiling, almost pitch black and went on for a long ways in either direction.

I still had limited uplink functionality from my visor with the ship's databanks so I used the ships internal sensors to track my 3d position in real time and display a wireframe overlay of the corridor so I could see where I was going (which also kept fading in and out).

at that point I was down to using some form of combat knife. I was dual-wielding them, and they actually looked more like short, curved, rigid, serrated hand saws.

eventually I made my way to the ship's hanger deck and was trying to board one of the fighters to escape the ship because it was a lost cause and most of the crew were dead.

but that was apparently where most of the xenomorphs were using as a kind of "home base" and there were a few queens who were churning out more and more. so I fought hand to hand killing a bunch of them, trying to make it to the fighters.

the fighters were actually just small spheres with some limited internal flight controls, personal force shields and an internal gel safety system in case of crash landings to hold the pilot in place and absorb impact force.

I got in one and started to take off but I activated the shield too late and one of them got onto the hull of the sphere between the force shield and the ship and started trying to claw its way in. it ruptured the hull in one spot as I was taking off and was trying to use its tail to get at me inside, so I activated the auto pilot system, put on my oxygen mask and activated the emergency gel system which flooded the interior completely and it took off and flung the alien off the ship

and that's when I woke up
Last edited by Darkfyre on Jan 23, 2016, 8:32:49 AM
This morning I woke up, I was attacked at my house by Synth from Fallout 4. So many of them I had to use my riffle to kill them. So many of them My house was surrounded.

was a cool dream
I had a true nightmare last night. a nightmare that didnt feel like one, it didnt even feel like a dream, but the realization of what transpired in it was what made it scary.

Its NSFW so cant post it all, but Ill just say I was a small girl living in an area of rural japan (wtf right? unsurprisingly the language was japanese but it didnt feel foreign to me in the dream) it lasted around 3-4 years (not completely sure due to a detail though), not sure of my age but If I had to guess i'd say I was around 9 at start of it, what's freaky about it was not only what happened in it, but my mindset as well, it was like I was really a child as I did not fully grasp the gravity of the situation, a rather aloof child who was corrupted by an "organization" which near the end dream was all sentenced and executed for the crimes (which were extremely severe) they perpetrated on me.

Notes on levels of fucked up:

-my only friend was an older girl (around 16 by the end of it), who was being used by the organization and an accomplice at the same time (she was in love with one of the younger members in it, who apparently was just using her).

-near the end, some people (and myself after) realized I had amnesia or at least partial amnesia (which was actually what led to the investigation). I confused months with years regarding last seeing some people, perhaps because part of my memory was erased?

-over-time transformation of emotions and pain and gradual internalized normalization of a situation that no child should go through: I did not quite understand why people were so worried about me when it all came to light, didnt understand what was wrong. when i realized my amnesia I started remembering how it all began and how much fear and pain I felt, and how gradually it transformed (maybe as a way to cope?), something I had forgotten entirely by then. I also realized I forgot my parents and that I missed them, even if I coudlnt remember their faces anymore.

-remember at one point someone calling my "name in the dream" and realizing it was for me (ok, not fucked up, just abnormal, as I completely identified as that person in the dream), think it was satsuki but not completely sure now (remember the sounds of "a" "su" and "i" at the end of the name, this with proper japanese pronunciation ofc, not english)

-weird details: for example, at the day the "organization" was sentenced and executed, onee-san (dont remember the name of the girl, I just remember calling her that all the time) had stacked some papers in a box to burn, I checked them, and there were there letters from the guy she liked, some of her writing (aspiring love novel writer) and then I found a scenery drawing by her and asked why she was burning it (as I knew of this drawing previously and thought it was good). she told me to keep looking and near the end of the stack I found an western-style painting (oil painting, I think), of the same scene in the drawing but with some differences... I dont remember exactly what it was, but there was some thing about it that made me go "Oh...", not because it was an imitation but because there was a deeper meaning to how the scene was arranged.
I think the drawing portrayed a rather peaceful scene, while the original oil painting exuded a subtly more chaotic one. considering she was burning it along with all the love letters and whatnot, I think it drew a parallel between what reality was and what she wanted it to be.

-everything in the dream was super realistic, no magic no nothing, no spacial dislocation, even the "organization" wasnt anything that could not exist in this world, just this last part was more dream-like:
at the end walking a certain street, instead of turning right to school where I originally was supposed to be going, I turned left and walked the middle of the road, then it felt like something happened... but it didnt? its weird to describe, my body felt like it had no weight and everything was very bright, I dont know why I did it or if it was even supposed to be there, but I saw a red sewer(?) opening, I opened it, got inside and closed the lid on it (or did it close by itself? not sure now). and that was the end of it.

Dont think I've ever had a dream this fucked up. Really high levels of fucked up considering the abuse my dream persona went through.
Oblivious

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info