0.9.5c-e Bow Ranger Build Enabler (Not a Build)

Threw this together to grok my first bowazon, thought others might find it useful. Sorry for the old school abbreviations.

frw = faster run/walk (increased run speed)
ias = increased attack speed
acc = accuracy
dmg = bow damage
pdmg = projectile damage
cs = bow-relevant critical strike
spd = bow speed
aspd = arrow speed
knckbck = bow knockback
er = evasion rating
ac = armor

0.9.5c Nodes highlighted (direct link)
0.9.5c Nodes + highways highlighted (direct link)
0.9.5e Proper version (direct link) [change log]

Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jan 4, 2012, 4:28:26 AM
I lol'd at the knockback abbreviation. Might as well have typed it all out :P
good work!
good picture you planned ahead !
hope more classes/biuld do this
thanx for posting
Bonan..2hander,Miss Bitch..whitch, ThongBow..ranger
Why 3 points for 9% ias on the left bottom corner instead of 11% ias next to the movement speed in the middle left part of the map?

252% accuracy seems a bit overkill too and I personally wouldn't take iron reflexes.

But besides those this is pretty similiar to what I am aiming for.

Last edited by deriath on Dec 28, 2011, 6:17:42 AM
"
deriath wrote:
Why 3 points for 9% ias on the left bottom corner instead of 11% ias next to the movement speed in the middle left part of the map?

252% accuracy seems a bit overkill too and I personally wouldn't take iron reflexes.

But besides those this is pretty similiar to what I am aiming for.

Wouldn't get Iron Reflexes and you seem to play HC?

Lols.
I play hc too. Evasion works great and I wouldn't waste my points going for iron reflexes either, not on a bow ranger. I wish acrobatics was a bit closer because I'd rather have that.

I built my ranger with most of the passives you have except i favor attack speed/evasion/life over accuracy. Those dedicated accuracy nodes are mostly useless. As a bow ranger I always have 92-93% acc. Any more than that is really just overkill.

And why do you take knockback on crit but ignore the large crit chance cluster near the 6th starting point? If I were to invest in crit effects, especially one so valuable as knockback to a ranger, I'd want the effect to proc as often as it could.

And is this build hc? Because you didn't take any life or damage mitigation. Have fun getting stunned to death when you get hit. I suppose this build is ok for default, I wouldn't play it though.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Dec 28, 2011, 8:35:37 AM
I should clarify that this isn't a bowazon build. This is merely highlighting offensive Bowazon-related passives, and the best paths to them. Again, this is not a build.

"
Illedran wrote:
I lol'd at the knockback abbreviation. Might as well have typed it all out :P

:P Good knockback abbreviation welcome! KB?

"
deriath wrote:

Good point, i missed those in my first foray into ranger territory.

"
deriath wrote:

No idea what % acc, if any, is worthwhile. I just pointed them all out for ppl to see which, if any they want to fit into their path.

"
FaceLicker wrote:
I play hc too. Evasion works great and I wouldn't waste my points going for iron reflexes either, not on a bow ranger. I wish acrobatics was a bit closer because I'd rather have that.

Playstyle difference i guess, but my very first target is Iron Reflexes, shortest path to that possible. I'd rather mitigation than high variance/risky evasion. Second will be the Pierce cluster, since it's nearby and Pierce is yummy.

"
FaceLicker wrote:
And why do you take knockback on crit but ignore the large crit chance cluster near the 6th starting point? If I were to invest in crit effects, especially one so valuable as knockback to a ranger, I'd want the effect to proc as often as it could.

Nice, i'll add at least the extra 4 nodes.

"
FaceLicker wrote:
And is this build hc? Because you didn't take any life or damage mitigation. Have fun getting stunned to death when you get hit. I suppose this build is ok for default, I wouldn't play it though.

Yeah it's not a build, just highlighting offensive bowazon clusters.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Dec 28, 2011, 1:09:27 PM
This is super useful, thank you for posting it!
Thanks for taking the time to do this, looks pretty good.

I think I'd take something other than Iron Reflexes and shift most of that accuracy into something else. I've toyed around with the idea of going with Blood Magic but don't think it's worth the points.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
Last edited by Rippster on Dec 28, 2011, 3:01:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info