[2.1] Budget Mjölner - For all those vikings with little coin

Hello, and welcome to my Budget Mjölner guide!

Okay, you can stop smirking now... "Budget Mjölner"- what is this guy thinking?!

Well, I wanted to play around with the hammer and since almost all the builds i've seen use a 18ex neck (Voll's Devotion) I went ahead and made a character (and subsequently a guide) for a budget version, no Voll's here!

I am still leveling the character, so the build as of right now is not set in stone.

Overall cost of this entire character would be in the range of 5-8ex, and i suspect you could do a somewhat similar build for the low price of around 2-3ex (in talisman league atleast).

Pros and Cons of it all

Pros

Mjölner is badass, and your character looks amazing
The build is cheap (compared to most other Mjölner builds)
You get pretty high max resists and health and even armour
No reflect problem!
Potential to do Atziri, Uber atziri and above! (might require actual Voll's though)
Frames? Where we're going, we don't need frames!
Infinite hatred from your patrons trying to do 6player maps/master rotations

Cons

Seriously frames might be an issue
The build is expensive compared to other, less unique-focused builds
Melee (to a degree)

Some videos.. Who is dedicated enough to read? Why not just look at the results!
Videos

This map had ~100quantity and I was 74 while doing it.
Arid Lake (76)

My Gear

The gear is very open in this build. The only items you need are Mjölner and Romira's Banquet. The rest are just nice to have on top, but essentially you could do with rares for the rest of the slots.
Gearing

Head
Devoto's devotion is good for attack speed, but you could get a Rat's nest or an Alpha's Howl for the extra reserve (and spec into more reserve to maybe run more purities)

Chest
I chose Kaom's because I wanted to try and make a high life build, and what better way?
Alternatives could be Lightning Coil (probably the best choice, can also give a 5Link on top of the physical mitigation), a nice rare 6link with resists/life/armour/Evasion or even a shavronne's and go low life! (not so budget anymore are we?)

Offhand
I would recommend Saffel's Frame as it is very cheap for what it does, but an alternative could be a Rathpith's Globe that grants some similar stats, but with 10% maximum life instead of max resists. This would of course work best with a Kaoms Heart chest piece.

Gems

I got real damn lazy so just check my linked gear, I will update this when I get to it :D

Bandits

Normal: Help Oak
Cruel: Help Kraitlyn
Merciless: Help Alira

This is very political, help them all!
Last edited by Gunitiwa on Jan 13, 2016, 9:01:37 PM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2016, 2:21:19 AM
Hello,

Would you mind redoing the skill tree again for the Ascendancy update?

Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

sofocle10000
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info