[2.1] Chaos/Poison Ice Nova Witch w/ Abyssal Cry

-Nihpel's Chaos Ice Nova- UPDATED 1/13/2016
[SKILL TREE UPDATED HEAVILY] -- Thanks to ramoane1 for helping shape the final tree.

****FIX FOR LOW MANA W/ INFERNAL MANTLE IS WIP
**** --- Current Fix : Remove AA for Clairty once 75-80 mana regen per second minimum is acquired (including clarity).

Video coming soon

Currently working on a crit life based version for this build -- So far not working out. ( if you want more dps ( and I think I will implement this on this current tree, grab some cast speed by the shadow or nimbleness as you will stack poison quicker ).

This build is atziri viable, but you need to remove AA for clarity in order to sustain mana and not take increased damage from infernal mantle and use Flame surge as single target

This Build revolves around 3 unique items to convert cold to chaos, and get the most of the poison damage.

-Pyre sapphire ring : converts 100% cold to fire
- infernal mantle and Consuming dark : both combined convert 100% fire to chaos

Pros
Spoiler
Immune to reflect, lots of damage,lots of effective hp due to hp/es hybrid, and you get to play ice nova and use the mtx you got for spamming winter boxes :D

Cons
Spoiler
Somewhat expensive (2-3ex), needs those uniques in order to work, no real sustain besides life regen(ES regen w/ ZO) and warlords mark.

Gem Links
Spoiler
6L - Ice nova- Poison- Void manipulation - Spell echo - Conc Effect-Added chaos/Rapid Decay
3L - Whirling Blades - Faster attacks - Fortify
4L - Blasphemy - Warlords Mark - Clarity - Chaos Golem
4L - CWDT - IMT Call - Increased Duration - Vaal haste
4L - Abyssal Cry - Arctic Armor - Faster Casting - [Pref(I use portal)]
3L - Spell totem - Wither - Faster Casting
If you can fit in Clarity, its nice.
If you don't have a 6L then just take out added chaos or Rapid decay.
Quality on the gems in the 5/6L is a big damage boost!
As for single target - you can replace ice nova and use Flame Surge, Freeze Pulse , or something similar to your liking.

Gear
Spoiler
Helmet, Gloves , Boots - Life > Res > Es (Mvspeed not necessary on boots because of whirling blades).
Shield-I HIGHLY RECOMMEND RATHPITH GLOBE (ES, MAX LIFE , SPELL DAMAGE --ALL ARE GOOD)
Or instead run a Bino's for life regen.
Rings - Life > Res > Cast Speed > ES (as needed)
Amulet - Try getting deadhand talisman with Life > Res > Cast Speed/Spell Damage > ES
Belt : Life > Res > ES ( as needed )
[Dex on gear if needed]

Jewels
Spoiler
For jewels the main thing is Life > ES > Spell Damage/Chaos Damage/D.O.T> Cast Speed > Res. You should look for what you need, i.e. if low on res, make it a priority, etc. A nice unique jewel if you want, could be eldritch knowledge for pure damage.

Flasks:
Spoiler
1 HP flask, 1 Quicksilver ( if needed ) , 2 Ele flasks of choice ( or 3 if no quicksilver ), and a granite with extra armor for some damage mitigation. Or taste of hate/Rumis concoction

My Gear
Spoiler

Video
Spoiler
Not the best video, but the only one I got. Sorry for bad quality. REMOVED

Skill Tree
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/vUa If you get to a higher level you can grab damage nodes like these http://poeurl.com/vXy

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak, Alira ( or SP ), SP ( or oak )

More info : Not Sure If Atziri Viable, Haven't played HC, but this build is pretty tanky.
Last edited by Kuriya on Jun 10, 2017, 6:25:35 PM
so edgy, so hip, so poison meta Kappa

first thing, if you are next to life/chaos res as a hybrid char, get it. chaos is no joke in maps, and with using infernal mantle

next, also along the infernal mantle lines, ice nova is an expensive spell. you dont have enough mana/regen to not be in the clear for infernal mantles low mana effect. templar start nodes for mana/hp regen are a great idea, along with coldhearted calculation

as good as fangs of the viper is, using 4 points to get it is not worth it. either just use 2 points to get it and instead take coldhearted calculation, or just drop it altogether.

fatal toxins is a HUGE waste here. you get free poison gem with consuming dark, and just boosting the poison damage for 6 (!!!!!!) points is wasteful beyond all reproach. you could get atrophy for the SAME point investment. way way better, double dipping, more damage, and alittle chaos res at the end (definitely DO IT)

while i like how much life% you have, i actually would like a hihger es% with this, as your chest piece is going to have no life on it, and you may be using binos. go for maybe 130%+. i would recommend dropping some of the scion life wheel, grabbing templar chaos res/life, and getting some more es wherever

so in summary,
:grab the chaos res you are at with hybrid
:get more mana regen (or run a mana flask/rallying cry)
:remove inefficient pathing (fangs of the viper, fatal toxins most notably)
:more es, could even sac some life

not a bad idea overall, just needs some tuning!
Last edited by ramoane1 on Jan 14, 2016, 2:17:49 AM
First pack of porcupines you're in middle of, on like orchard map I think you'll die without shatter, low defenses, and up close like Ice Nova demands.

Reflect is no problem with regular ice nova if you flask up even when I had 150K so seems like you give up a lot of DPS for using that dagger.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIvMi584rcs
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 14, 2016, 3:20:01 AM
Well you have a lot of dmg mitigation - such as AA, Endurance Charges, Fortify, Flask. If that isnt enough, thats what abyssal cry is for. Just explode the corpses and they don't pop their needles.

I could be wrong as I haven't encountered that scenario yet, but I feel that it is manageable.
"
Well you have a lot of dmg mitigation - such as AA, Endurance Charges, Fortify, Flask. If that isnt enough, thats what abyssal cry is for. Just explode the corpses and they don't pop their needles.

I could be wrong as I haven't encountered that scenario yet, but I feel that it is manageable.

On top of the CWDT IC setup. Forgot to mention that.
"
Reflect is no problem with regular ice nova if you flask up even when I had 150K so seems like you give up a lot of DPS for using that dagger.

As for DPS, the Poison makes it just as efficient.

Hey, mind posting your dps? I made a similar build and Im not quite sure if my dps is there yet.

Mind checking our what needs improvement in my gear?
Last edited by HaruKamui on Jan 26, 2016, 10:25:42 AM
"

Hey, mind posting your dps? I made a similar build and Im not quite sure if my dps is there yet.

Mind checking our what needs improvement in my gear?

Sorry for late reply been taking a break, but my tooltip was not really accurate. I think it was around 10k maybe for ice nova and 30k for flame surge, but obviously you are doing much more than that lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info