First Hour Impressions

So, I've played for about an hour now, and my first impression is mostly positive on a gameplay front, though there are some suggestions I'd make almost immediately.

First is the ability to resize fonts and chat window sizes, and resize the UI.

Second is an 'auto sort' button on the inventory. Titan Quest has something similar to this... it basically can free up space in the inventory automatically rather than playing Tetris with items.

Third is either a larger inventory size, or make items take up less real estate on the inventory. It's a bit annoying to have to port back to town a lot just to sell items, after picking up maybe 6-7 items. Maybe make 'inventory bags' quest items that incrementally increase your available inventory? This is another Titan Quest thing.
Disagree with most of this, except for the ui stuff.

I like the decisions having a limited inventory creates. You don't have to pick everything up to sell, obviously if you do you'll have more wealth, but that is a decision you can choose to make or not make. Am I picking up +quality items or rbg links or +rarity and quality find items? If we had a bigger inventory than we wouldn't have to make as many decisions with our loot.

As for the auto sort, meh, don't care either way.
I agree with everything op said, mostly about the size of the inventory needed to be larger and auto sort would be a nice thing to have.

I'm not sure why the inventory size is as it is, my first thought is that maybe theres plans to have item size increaser in the cash shop?

One extra bottom row however would be great... alot of 2x3 space items that cant be stacked next to eachother vertically is making my looting less effective >_<
"
korosuu wrote:
I agree with everything op said, mostly about the size of the inventory needed to be larger and auto sort would be a nice thing to have.

I'm not sure why the inventory size is as it is, my first thought is that maybe theres plans to have item size increaser in the cash shop?

One extra bottom row however would be great... alot of 2x3 space items that cant be stacked next to eachother vertically is making my looting less effective >_<

That's the point. Decisions are hard but it adds to the game.
Last edited by Epicurwin on Dec 27, 2011, 2:02:04 PM
UI features will come. We don't have to worry about that.

An auto-sorting function would be quite useful, a lot of my favorite games have this function. It's a simple and unobtrusive function that only benefits gameplay. It only takes a couple extra seconds to reorganize tetris style, but the ability to sort would be well received.

The size of the inventory, in my opinion, is fine just how it is. You can stack two items with 2y height and one 1y item. Or one item with 4y and one 1y item. Or one 3y and one 2y. As Epicurwin said, "That's the point. Decisions are hard but it adds to the game."

At the every most, I'd be willing to accept 1 extra row. This way people can stack three 2y items or two 3y items. The extra bag system in TQ was great for that game, but I don't like it for PoE.
"
Epicurwin wrote:
I like the decisions having a limited inventory creates. You don't have to pick everything up to sell, obviously if you do you'll have more wealth, but that is a decision you can choose to make or not make. Am I picking up +quality items or rbg links or +rarity and quality find items? If we had a bigger inventory than we wouldn't have to make as many decisions with our loot.

Wrong: there is no real gameplay decision involved. It's basically 'do I sell everything and get rich' vs 'am I willing to put up with the annoying process of save/relog every time I want to sell items because I WILL run out of scrolls?'.
Median XL 2012 | Diablo 2 mod
Adun Tori Laz.
"
BrotherLaz wrote:
It's basically 'do I sell everything and get rich' vs 'am I willing to put up with the annoying process of save/relog every time I want to sell items because I WILL run out of scrolls?'.
How is that not a decision? There are pros and cons to both. You can leave the items on the ground and continue killing gaining more xp and randomn drops or you can pick up certain items for recipes that will add to your wealth in small increments. By not selling items, you're at the mercy of of the RNG. You may be rewarded for your time, or you may not. It's a drawback. If you do choose to sell items, you can supplement your wealth at the expense of less xp and 'potentially' missing out on great drops.

THAT'S THE WHOLE PURPOSE.

You are not meant to 'get rich' off this system. It is an entirely optional feature to supplement your gameplay.
The annoyance factor of having to TP every 20 seconds is not a good drawback though.
Median XL 2012 | Diablo 2 mod
Adun Tori Laz.
"
BrotherLaz wrote:
The annoyance factor of having to TP every 20 seconds is not a good drawback though.

I find myself also doing this a lot and not liking it.

And the only reason I do this is because I don't have nearly enough wisdom scrolls to identify items there and only take the good ones with me.

I'd say don't improve the amount of stuff you can carry, just make it so that crappy stuff doesn't provide any benefits, so you only want to bring home the stuff that you need or a can sell for a decent price.

And another tip: Don't bring 5 normal 8 square items, just pick up 2, 3 or 4 square items that you are going to sell anyway, unless it's a rare or something.

After my first hour I already had to make some item choices, but I was never even close to fully running out of scrolls. I only ID stuff that I can actually use, it trades for the same amount anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info