[2.1] Good ol' double Arc Mjölner

**Disclaimer: I do not intend to update this guide beyond the time I post it, nor do I really intend to answer questions about the build. If you invest into this build and decide you don't like it, sorry to hear that but there's nothing I can do. This is mainly just here for myself to reference later on, if I decide to use this build in a future league. Do not expect videos of this build in action to be posted. Also I am not responsible if the lag from hitting a cannot die totem causes your computer to catch on fire, then takes out your house.

The main hipster aspect of this build is the combination of the Witch Flask nodes, and The Retch to try and stay under the effects of very powerful flasks at all times.

The only map mod I really avoid is Elemental Reflect, simply because 100% flask uptime or dead really isn't the most fun way to play. If the map is Temp Chains + Elemental Reflect, go for it if you have two flasks.

Gear: (This may go unverified soon, as I'm trying to cut the cost down a bit on this build. It should still be viewable as it is though, if not I'll update it with the new setup.)

Edit: Switched to a 5L Belly setup, the changed pieces are:

Edit 1/11: Switched to Ele Weakness on hit Doedre's, changed pieces are:

Helmet is still the same, just rechromed due to Doedre's being corrupted

Blood Rage doesn't really need any supports, so I just slapped it in my chest. Other than that, I just needed to open up a 4L for Molten Strike, so it's in my gloves. Ideally, I'd have +1 gems on my gloves and put my Auras in them, then the Molten Strike setup in my helmet.

Tree as of level 94

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecDlgQHBLMFLQthDlwRDxEtFCAUTRiRGjgaPhzcHwIhYCcvKaUsnDLRNZI26DpYOw07KDwtPfxAoEVHRX5Gt0rITLNN41BHVcZXDVhjWfNeE18_YENhUmZUaGVo8moeajtq-m49bqpyD3KpdPF2rHrve8N8g3zZfq-CB4LkgwmDX4PMg9uD94Zgiq-Mz40ZjxqQEZBVlG-ezZ_LogCnMKyqrY2vbLXytz68n76AvrzAZsT2xq7PftAf0iHTb9i92V_ZYd2M4BLqGOvu7w7vTu_r8B_yL_JB85v2SPcy_Ev-Cv6P?accountName=Ismaell&characterName=Ismael

193% Life, paired with a 38% Belly of the Beast puts us at 231% life. I gain an additional 49% life from my Jewels, but it's possible to get as much as 56% from Jewels. At level 94 I have 7,653 Life. Most builds with 280% Life would have more, but bear in mind our total will be a bit lower due to having no base life on our helmet or gloves.

Bandits

Help Oak
Help Kraityn
Help Kraityn

Levelling
Night's Hold, with Fire Nova mine in it until 35 or so. Then just Arc until you're ready to do God's work.

Defences

Life: 7,650 at level 94
Block: 23 in HO, 59%+15% spell under Rumi's
Armor: 11,242 in HO, 19,432 with Rumi's
Resistances: 76/75/75 in HO, 89/75/88 most of the time

Since we aim to stay under the effect of the Vessel of Vinktar flask at all times, we leech 39% of our Lightning Damage as life instantly. This is why we can survive reflect mobs.

Endurance Charges are not generated.
Power Charges are not generated.
Four Frenzy Charges are held pretty much all the time.

Jewels

You either want attack speed with one handed melee weapons, attack speed with maces, or attack speed while holding a shield paired with flat attack speed and increased maximum life. Just be smart when you're buying jewels, sometimes a good two property jewel can be almost as good or better than a low-end three property jewel. Since we have 8 Jewel sockets, the difference between 5% and 7% life does eventually start to add up.

You can view my Jewels in the skill tree link.

Is a 6-link needed?

Absolutely not. You can make this build work with two four-links, but it is a lot better with at least one five-link. A five-linked chest would have Lightning Strike linked to GMP / Faster Attacks / Multistrike / Foritfy. A four-link would not have Fortify. If you are using a five-linked chest, you will need to have a four-linked Molten Strike in either your Helmet, Boots or Gloves. The links will be Molten Strike to GMP/Faster Attacks/Multistrike. Use Lightning Strike every 5 seconds to fortify yourself, then deal your single target DPS with Molten Strike.

Links would be something like..

Gloves (Best place for Auras due to the potential for +1 gems)
Enlighten - Wrath - Grace with room for Blood Rage, or a Purity if you wish to swap to one for Elemental Weakness maps.

Boots - Vaal Haste + Increased Duration, Leap Slam + Faster Attacks (Possible to keep faster casting on Vaal Haste and drop Faster Attacks from LS, as it's really not used for movement but just utility, ESPECIALLY if it's not supported by BM, otherwise you'll OOM yourself constantly with it. Personal preference. Side note - you want to have as many greens as possible in your boots, since we'll be using Atziri's Steps. 2R2G is very easy to do, 3R1G is a bit more difficult.)

Helmet - Molten Strike, Multistrike, GMP, Faster Attacks.

Chest - Lightning Strike, GMP, Faster Attacks, Multistrike, Fortify.

Mjölner: Controlled Destruction or Lightning Penetration?
Largely personal preference. I like controlled destruction, sometimes I'll use lightning penetration in lightning resistance maps. It's up to you. I use controlled destrution.

Why Fairgraves'?
Fairgraves' makes you immune to shock, which keeps you from being permanently shocked. It is, without argument, the best possible helmet for a build which wishes to maintain 100% uptime on Vessel of Vinktar. Aside from that, there is also the added benefit of it removing any possible bullshit shock-related deaths. This helmet apparently has the negative effect of removing the shock aura from Vinktar, but still. 100% Worth.

Why Repentance?
Aside from being next to free, Repentance add Iron Will, which will give you a massive boost to spell damage. This build does not pick up much for spell damage in the tree, so this is always appreciated.

Because of the incredibly low price of Repentance gloves, you can pick from one of three main goals.

As much spell damage as possible.

The least good choice.

Just find a good pair of Repentance. The range of reduced spell damage is 0-30.

+1 Gems corruption

The second best choice.

If you're specifically going for this, you may want to link them up as RGB before corrupting. This is a great option for an extreme budget version of this build, as it will allow you to run a level 2 Enlighten in the gloves as a level 3, which will take like two Exalts off the price of the build. It'll also give you 1% more lightning damage, and a good 200 or so base Evasion. Not a bad choice at all.

Curse Enemies with level X Elemental Weakness on hit

The best possible corruption, this will drastically increase your DPS by pretty much giving you lightning pen for free. A five-linked Mjolner? Fuck yeah. Not really an option for a budget/super budget variant of this build, but definitely an option for a serious user of this build. I corrupted around 30 pairs and didn't get one, according to PoEDB the odds are around 1:91.

Why The Retch?

The Retch is excellent for this build, because we aim to have 100% uptime on our Vessel of Vinktar flask and it having 60% increased flask effect duration pretty much is what makes this possible. Our second Vessel of Vinktar is pretty much there as a just incase thing, because one full potion will last 16 seconds.

This belt synergises beautifully with the witch flask nodes.

Why Atziri's Steps when you have Unwavering Stance?

Unwavering Stance removes your chance to Evade, not to Dodge. Since we pair Unwavering Stance with Iron Reflexes, we lose absolutely nothing from Atziri's Steps. So they're a 70-75 Life pair of 30 Movement Speed boots with some good damage mitigation, aswell as a ton of Armor. What else could you ask for? Aside from being an incredibly strong pair of boots, they're a very budget-friendly item.

Of course though, if you need more elemental resistance or attributes, they can be subbed out.

Shield?
Spell damage and life, resistance is an added bonus. A high flat life shield gives you more life overall than the 10% bonus on a rathpith, and spell block doesn't really matter since we will out heal our reflect thanks to Vinktar. With Rumi's up, we have 59% block and 15% spell block. A supertank version of this build can be made using a 2K+ Armor shield, but you'll lose out on a lot of Spell Damage, which is always important.

Jewelry
Attributes, life and resistances. Get your 412 Strength/306 Intelligence, overcap your res for elemental weakness, and get as much life as possible. I'd say in that order. Fair deusties though, I'm not even overcapped fire res for elemental weakness. An easy fix would be to sub out Wrath for Purity of Fire (or any other element you're specifically weak to) during those maps, but I use a Ruby Flask with Staunching on it so I'm not worried about fire damage in EW maps. Flasks are beautiful.

Super budget variant, total cost

Fairgraves - Jack shit
4L Belly of the Beast - 0.5-0.75 Exalts
Repentance - 0.0125 Exalts
Atziri's Steps - 0.0125 Exalts
Mjolner - 1 Exalt
Shield - 0.25 Exalt
The Retch - 0.425 Exalt (Faminebind+Feastbind+1 Fusing in the Vendor)
Vessel of Vinktar - 1.5 Exalt
Jewelry - ~1 Exalt
Jewels - ~1 Exalt

Total: ~4-6 Exalts, depending on your Jewelry and Jewels. Also assuming level 18ish gems, so expect to pay a bit more than 4-6 Exalts for this build, especially if you want a second Vinktar for just incasesies.

Final notes on some gems
Level 17 Lightning Strike is the same as level 20 Lightning Strike, but level 21 Lightning Strike has an additional projectile. Due to the existance of Vaal Lightning Strike, corrupting a Level 20/0 Quality Lightning Strike isn't recommended. I'd take the 40% projectile pierce over an additional projectile any day. If you wish to corrupt a 20/20 Lightning Strike, well, good luck.

Level 2 Enlighten becomes a level 3 Enlighten in +1 gems Repentance.

Level 21 Arc beats level 20 Arc, obviously.

Quality on Fortify is huge, especially if you're going with a budget 5L/4L setup
Quality on Faster Attacks is huge
Quality of GMP is huge
Quality on Increased Duration is huge

Last edited by Ismaell on Jan 11, 2016, 3:21:08 PM
Last bumped on Apr 2, 2016, 2:49:15 PM
Looks interesting.
Do you have a video of this build in acion?
do you have a new skill tree up for us to look at?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info