[2.1] Scion CI Chaos Orber

All fire skills can work just because the gimmick here is going to be full fire to chaos conversion.
However, I have tried Fireball and it's simply still terrible unless you go with a Rolling Flames build. But doing that with this build is not as nearly as good as the Rolling Flames builds out there already because you can only get one or two jewel slots for it and even 100% increased AoE is still not enough to make up for how bad of a spell Fireball is compared to Magma Orb, Firestorm, or Flameblast.

You can go Witch, but it's a bit safer to go Scion just because you have access to the life wheel and you don't even have to go CI if you don't want to as long as you have that wheel. The bad thing about staying life/hybrid is you may not have the best mitigation without Granites and Jades so you have to be quick to trigger your Life flasks.

With enough mana regen from nodes and on gear plus massive flat mana, you can actually get away with not using Clarity at higher levels. Reserving mana for just Arctic Armour and Discipline can get you just above the Infernal Mantle threshold.

Videos
Spoiler

Easy Dark Forest

Arid Lake

Sorry, had AGDQ stream on and forgot to separate the audio.
https://youtu.be/9u6bBakSO2o

Volcano w/ 40% less regen mod

Pros/Cons
Spoiler

Pros:
Decent cheap mitigation even to semi-late game (yellow maps)
Good damage
No worries about reflect
Only have to worry about Blood Magic and 0 regen rolls on maps

Cons:
Have to worry about Blood Magic and 0 regen roll on maps
Life to CI transition is always hard
Very little defense as you level

Offense/Defense
Spoiler

Offense

Magma Orb tooltip

Magma Orb w/ Atziri's Promise

Defense

Arctic Armour w/ Clarity and no Discipline

Arctic Armour w/ Discipline and no Clarity

Rumi's Concoction block stats (Specced into Mind Barrier)

Bandits
Spoiler

Normal: Kill all for point / Help Oak for +40 life if you don't plan on CI
Cruel: Kill all for point
Merciless: Kill all for point

Passive Skill Tree Progression
Spoiler

22 Points

22 Points
Buy Magma Orb and/or Fireball and start leveling those. Refer to this for more on how to get leveling options like Fire Trap, Searing Bond, and eventually Firestorm. Try to head toward the +30 Str/Dex nodes ASAP. There may be annoying stat problems in the beginning.

39 Points

61 Points

CI Transition

I said above you don't have to transition to CI if you don't want to
78 Point Life/Hybrid

If you are doing the transition then make sure to spend your first three refunded points on the mana nodes of Soul Siphon by Shadow so you can take away the corresponding life nodes there. If you think it's a waste to transition into CI then you don't have to. It's simply more efficient use of points in the end, but a Life build can work as well and you don't have to suffer through the CI transition point of "oh crap, my gear isn't that great to sustain CI" if you are just starting or are self-found.

You can also transition later and it's pretty simple to. Just remember the Soul Siphon part.

79 Point CI

90 Points

90 Points
You are mostly just grabbing the rest of the ES nodes to make sure you survive. If you have good gear already and/or feel like you are surviving just fine then go straight to the next tree and grab those damage nodes. You may also want to grab the jewel node by the Life/ES cluster just so you can put an Energy from Within jewel in there to get a bunch of ES.

101 Points

End Template
This is the ending template because you have many choices once you get this high (Lvl 77). This template also works for pretty much all the other applicable spells.

Options

Mind Barrier: Spell block and a little more defense. Great for end game.

Heart of Flame: I would not suggest this route just because you need two extra points compared to Atrophy (chaos damage cluster)

Atrophy: Five points for 71% inc damage. Great damage choice.

Sniper: Two points for 30% damage if you go with one of the projectile spells.

Elemental Focus: Not as much damage as Atrophy or Sniper, but some extra stuff you may value.

Throatseeker: You don't have that much crit, but it's still a good damage boost that per point is on par with the other damage choices. Also have the two 10% crit multi points by Doom Cast.

Influence: This will only help Discipline or Clarity. As you will see below, you will only have one active at a time to try to get around Infernal Mantle's negative. 20% doesn't do much for Clarity, but it's about 250-300 extra ES with Discipline depending on some factors.

Massive ES route: You can go towards Unnatural Calm and get the rest of the points in the ES wheel if you want, especially in hardcore. If you go get all those nodes then it's an extra 60% increased ES taking into account extra int and Infused Shield, which can amount to anywhere from 500-1500 extra ES depending on gear. Heart of Flame now becomes a good choice.

Witch and Shadow starting areas: These are good damage choices, but just be wary about cast speed because it will up your mana drain and may possibly keep you from dropping Clarity.

Gear
Spoiler

Uniques

Mandatory:
Infernal Mantle: You actually don't even need a Consuming Dark if you don't want it or can't afford it.
Atziri's Promise: You need this once you get to CI to more easily sustain. You can do without for a while by just playing carefully/slowly.
Auxium OR Dream Fragments: Up to you. Both give great stats, but you only really need one or the other. I've seen people play CI without frozen mitigation, so it's possible but risky.

Optional:
Consuming Dark: This is the prize. You may lose out on a bit of damage from an amazing wand, but the perks from chaos damage are great.
Rainbowstride: Has everything you need. Optional, but why not?
Rumi's Concoction: Amazing mitigation and doubly amazing when paired with block chance applied to spells like on Rainbowstrides.
Rathpith: Ok ES, but you can do much better. However, the perks on it make it really enticing.
Maligaro's Virtuosity: Lose a bunch of ES to get a bunch of damage. Probably a good choice for softcore.
Voidbringer: Would love to use these, but it's tough with any Infernal Mantle build. You would be forced to use Clarity in place of possibly dropping it and using Discipline.

Other than uniques, you're looking for as much ES, mana regen, and resists as possible.

Current Gear

On Flasks

Alchemist makes Flasks amazing for this build. You would want an armor rolled Granite Flask in place of Rumi's if you don't have the currency for it. I would recommend switching it out for Rumi's 80/85+ just because the mitigation gradually lessens. Another Atziri's in place of the Jade is also a good choice, I just hate the can't cast anything curse. Bleeding mitigation (of Staunching) is best on a Granite in case you need more than one charge.

Gems and Links
Spoiler

As you can see, I'm not even using some of the spots and just using those for leveling gems. The sixth link is up to you, but if you go full chaos then Void Manipulation is the best choice.

You can also use Lightning Warp instead of Flame Dash if you want. Links would be standard Less Duration and Faster Casting.

CwDT or Molten Shell can be much lower because the Str commitment to Molten Shell is really high.

Use Clarity instead of Discipline for less regen maps.
Last edited by meest on Jan 4, 2016, 7:42:24 PM
Added some maps. Don't have the maps to go higher than t10 at the moment.
Hello, I have a little question. Can i play this build when i'm begginer (of course with fire dmg) and swap to Chaos when i get some gear ?
Yeah. Magma Orb is a really strong skill right now so you don't even need any gear. Getting a 4l Infernal Mantle will be fine for just leveling until you get enough for other stuff.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info