Vinktar's Undying Shadow

Life+ES Lightning Striker specializing in Flasks
3.3k life 5.7k ES 52k unbuffed 93k buffed DPS with light penetration
39% instant leech (not a typo), 8 sec Taste of Hate and Vinktar, 88 all res

Gear

The most important part of the build. The flasks make the build what it is. I chose to run two Vinktars, the second is a backup. If you can't afford the lightning penetration version, the adds x-y to attacks version is okay. You can play this build as soon as you have one Vinktar's. Use a granite of iron skin or rumi until you get taste of hate, and then get a second Vinktar's.

I play with a claw I found, but you could play with a dagger. In fact a dagger is better. The MGOH is completely redundant after you get a Vinktar flask.

For 5L drop faster attacks. A vaal regalia would be better, but would cost 400-500 chroms to color.

Enlighten 2 helps. Accuracy is almost a must have if you can't get it on rings (it's also cheaper to get gloves with accu than rings with accu, flat phys and wed). Before you get enlighten 2 take heart & soul at witch to help with mana. Could be Maligaro's or facebreaker if I could solve resists.

These curses make our life really easy. Asn mark gives PCs and helps us crit. Poacher reduces evasion (we don't have to worry about accu on gear), grants FCs, and most importantly grants 100% increased flask charges gained.

The idea is to use the insane leech from Vinktar with the Retch to get about 60% more damage, but it seems to not be working ATM. Discussion here. If the retch's leech as damage mechanic doesn't work we're better off using a rare belt with WED and reduced flask charges used.

Since we're hybrid we might as well go CoE and get spell damage on our shield. I think it's also completely fine to go with a rare helm and non-spell damage shield. It would easily get more ES as well as open the possibility to easily use maligaros (resists are tough on this build).

Flat phys and WED and resists.

Trees

L93 Claw tree

Dagger tree

The trees are similar and pretty much dictated by what we need. Primal Spirit and Druidic Rite are needed so we don't hate ourselves in curse immune maps (when Poacher's Mark doesn't work). Double curse is needed so we can run Poacher's Mark which grants us 100% increased flask charges gained (the main reason for using it), but it also grants us Frenzy charges, and makes enemies have less evasion. Combined with an assassin's mark this is like a "reverse enfeeble." Within these parameters hybrid life+es for survivability provides a easy and good solution.

Credits
Inspired by Gudda's flask effect archetype. Also thanks to Sherkhan, Languidness, and VarthDaver for advice and ideas.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Jan 7, 2016, 4:43:32 PM
Added a -max elereflect video.

Added a -max elereflect video.

I like the concept, although I feel like it would be much better if you were using Reave. Also, why not using MDOFL?
I tired reave. The problem is aoe is bad without getting templar and witch aoe. Those are hard to get with everything else we'd want. Other than that vaal reave has good aoe but is hard to keep up on many layouts. Lightning strike has better aoe than vaal reave for 4pts and is always up. Also you get to use full light penetration so EE and light res maps arent as bad as 70% conversion reave.

Added a bunch of videos of hardish maps+boss fights in the T11-T13 range.

Would it be possible to run a Variation of this build using Lightning Arrow instead?
Free bump. A friend and I are ripping off your build and making a lowlife version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info