16:10 handicap - why is it even a thing?

As the title says. For those unaware, on a 16:10 monitor the picture is significantly more zoomed in, you basically see 15-20% less compared to someone with a 16:9 monitor. And this in a game where camera is already low as it is. It's a major handicap if you're playing a ranged character that relies on manual dodging. I feel like the game is nudging me towards more tanky and/or melee characters by not providing an option for a more zoomed out view. I've added a custom 16:9 resolution to NCP and tried playing like this and it felt great but unfortunately non-native resolutions on LCD monitors don't look all that hot so I eventually reverted back to default.

I'd be fine with black bars on a 16:10 setup as long as the fov is correct. Just please, give us an option, GGG :(.
"
Bawtzki wrote:
As the title says. For those unaware, on a 16:10 monitor the picture is significantly more zoomed in, you basically see 15-20% less compared to someone with a 16:9 monitor. And this in a game where camera is already low as it is. It's a major handicap if you're playing a ranged character that relies on manual dodging. I feel like the game is nudging me towards more tanky and/or melee characters by not providing an option for a more zoomed out view. I've added a custom 16:9 resolution to NCP and tried playing like this and it felt great but unfortunately non-native resolutions on LCD monitors don't look all that hot so I eventually reverted back to default.

I'd be fine with black bars on a 16:10 setup as long as the fov is correct. Just please, give us an option, GGG :(.

Most video games are mainly made for the 16:9 aspect ratio. You can't change the aspect ratio in which the game is originally produced in, you change how it is displayed. You can set your monitor to a resolution that support 16:9 ratio aspect.

No, it's a simple problem of vert- vs hor+. Devs that know what they're doing use hor+, the others use vert-, like PoE. And because camera distance plays such an important role in PoE this problem is even worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info