[2.2][Occultist] Sire of Shatters (Dual Freezing Pulse totems feat. EB+MoM+Tri-curse Blasphemy)

Hello Exiles, have a Sire of Shards and no idea what to do with it? Maybe I can help with that.

First and foremost I'd like to thank viperesque for making this great unique possible!

Required Gear:
Sire of Shards of course. :P
The core idea of the build is to use Doedre's Scorn with Tri-curse blasphemy. This gives your average totem build a bit more of an aggressive play style. Since we're using EB + MoM, ES gear will be what you want to focus on. The more you can get, the more freely you can cast. Or you can run Blood Magic on your main, it works just as well.
Current Gear
Flasks
To use for Curse Immune maps
*If gear isn't verified, I'm likely trying for a different enchantment.

Gem Links

In the Sire (BBBRRG) = Freezing Pulse - Spell Totem - Blood Magic (Empower if you can sustain the cost) - Faster Casting - Cold Penetration - Increased Critical Damage (For 5l drop incr crit dmg. For a 4l drop incr crit dmg and Blood Magic)

Helm (BBBG) = Blasphemy - Enfeeble - Frostbite - Temporal Chains

Gloves = Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal call - Increased duration - Frost Wall

Boots = Enduring Cry & Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Less Duration

Chest = Do what you want here, there are many options. If you choose to not use Tri-curse blasphemy you'll probably want a Curse on Hit setup here. Or even another CWDT setup. Another option would be Vaal Haste(x2)/Vaal Discipline and Incr. Duration. Something I've been playing with is Trap - Vaal Ice Nova - Trap and Mine Dmg - Incr. AoE, it's just nice for strongboxes.

Bandits
Oak, Kill, Kill or Kill all.

Jewels
I have to admit I'm lazy when it comes to jewels, I don't bother rolling them nor do I buy them. So I'm using what has dropped for me so far.

Tooltip Values
Sitting in hideout = 20,838 (22,765 after cast)
With Atziri's Promise = 23,962 (36,178 after cast)
Flask + V.Haste (lvl 10) = 31,251
Don't let these values fool you, it's not accounting for cold pen or the extra damage the helm gives.

Why the gear choices?
Regarding the Steppan Eards, I'm partially color blind and desecrated ground is my biggest issue. (when it's on a grassy tileset I can't see it at all) These allow me to ignore that completely. And hey, these are some pretty sweet boots. Windscream would probably be a better option for the extra curse and would allow us to drop the Doedre ring or +1 amulet.

Ascendancy brings with it new options. You will want to run a +1 curse item until you can take the cruel ascendancy points, at this time you'll be able to spec into Malediction and free up a gear slot.

Doedre's Scorn works well since we're using 3 curses. Another option would be Alpha's Howl since it can save you 3 nodes on the tree.

Since the crit multi nerf that came with 2.2, Voidbringers > Maligaro's for this build.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything. If you see something I can improve please feel free to comment. I'm open to suggestions.

If you try it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

What gave me the idea
It was the first day of talisman and I was leveling with Freezing Pulse (after noticing it's buff in the patch notes) when a friend gifted me some really nice gear. It all just came together after that. Ruined the league for me though, I'd rather play with my staff. lol

Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Shovelcut on May 25, 2016, 10:45:09 PM
Last bumped on Jun 30, 2016, 10:33:04 AM
Updated: Changed 5 points on the tree to come out of the spell damage nodes instead of the mana nodes. Spec'd into EB+MoM and switched from curse on hit to triple curse blasphemy. Also dropped the heralds, they weren't usable for a curse on hit setup and the little bit of dps they gave is beat out by the reliability of blasphemy.

Tooltip got lower but clear speed went up a bit and much less clunky to play now. :)
Love that part about the boots. PoE should have colorblind support.

Any chance we can get a gameplay vid?
"
Any chance we can get a gameplay vid?

I don't think my potato can play the game AND record video sadly. I'll keep trying though. :)
did you just lvl with freeze pulse till you could use totems ?

whats the totem dps tooltip ?
"
mopzi wrote:
did you just lvl with freeze pulse till you could use totems ?

whats the totem dps tooltip ?

No, this was a respec although I'd imagine you could. I was leveling with FP at the start of talisman and was quite enjoying it.

Sorry, forgot to edit in the tooltips earlier.

Last edited by Shovelcut on Jan 6, 2016, 8:26:29 PM
Updated: Dropped cold damage nodes and grabbed more crit and crit multi, next 10 levels will grab shamanistic fury and more life to finish off. Changed main links a bit and dropped Alpha's. Clear speed in t10 and t11 maps is great, haven't had higher maps drop yet to test.
hey ive been playing this build and find it a lot of fun. ive also used it with arctic breath it works with that but dps is lower. if anyone out there has a shards, this build would be one i would recommend they try.
"
danib7 wrote:
hey ive been playing this build and find it a lot of fun. ive also used it with arctic breath it works with that but dps is lower. if anyone out there has a shards, this build would be one i would recommend they try.

I'm glad you enjoy it! Thanks for leaving some feedback. :)

Edit: Had a few more gems go 21/20 so I've updated the tooltip values.
Last edited by Shovelcut on Feb 25, 2016, 11:22:45 AM
when is a good time to switch to FP totems?
IGN: sabratta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info