[2.1 Talisman] Noaphiel's Conversion Pulse - AtziriViable - Cheap

Changelog

19.12. added Atziri Killvideo
27.12. updated skill tree to focus more on crit

First of all we should thank GGG, that they made some spells more useful. The recent changes on 2.1 and the new items, passives and gems that came up with the Talisman-League made it possible to put out much more options with many different spells.

Let's have a look at the differences between 2.0 and 2.1 that made this build possible:

- Freezing Pulse damage got buffed
- Freezing Pulse got a projectile speed modifier additionally to the damage buff
- many new chaos-nodes for conversion-builds
- many new items that are insane for damage conversion
- new chaos-spellgems are pretty good

Freezing Pulse is one of the spells with the coolest cast animation. The animation itself is super fast, it's a projectile with auto pierce and the range of this spell is super huge. I mean freaking really damn huge. You can kill monsters offscreen without faster projectiles. Imagine you would have faster projectiles socketed, it feels like you could kill the boss from the entrance of an instance.

Idea:

I talked about the changes already, so the basic idea fits the changes pretty well. We want to convert Freezing Pulse from Cold to Fire to Chaos and make usage of many skills, gems and items which boost damage conversion. That's basically it. Push your DPS to the sky by using damage conversion, while having still enough survivability. Additionally to that, we want to have a good clearspeed, since we use a spell that has one of the best casting animations and bonuses: huge range, pierce and big width (It feels like incinerate, but better). And last but not least: everyone loves Whirling Blades.

Pros & Cons

(+) Fast clear speed due to huge range & automatic pierce
(+) Fast Movement and extra damage mitigation due to Whirling Blades & Fortify
(+) Can play reflect easily due to conversion to chaos
(+) Poison boosts single target DPS

(-) relies heavily on mana regeneration
(-) hard to play LowReg/NoReg modifier
(-) no secondary mitigation stat apart from ES. Therefore have to invest into some block, AA, Fortify, Chaos Golem

My current stats

At the moment i'm using a 5L with a Lvl 19 Freezing Pulse, as you can see in the image. Furthermore my Gems have 0% quality atm. So the stats are far away from the maximum. 80k+ single target, 50k+ multi target seems totally realistic here with decent gear.

DPS (Mapping with LMP): 40k
DPS (BossFights with Slower Projectiles: 61k
DPS (Slower Proj + Atziri-Flask): 78k
Energy Shield: 8852
Armour: 448 (4%)
Evasion: 1974 (19%)
Block: 22%
Spellblock: 4%

Core Items:

Consuming Dark and Pyre are mandatory for damage conversion. Rigwald's Crest and Natural Hierarchy are the biggest damage boosts in your build.

Full Gear

Weapon: The Consuming Dark
Off-Hand: good ES-Rare (ES > Manareg > Crit > Spelldamage > Resists)
Chest: Infernal Mantle (crit, 100% conversion) or good ES-Rare
Helmet: Vertex if you have Resistances capped and want to have lower mana costs for auras (cuz of +1 Enlighten) and +1 Aura-Level, otherwise good ES-Rare
Gloves: Rare (Hybrid-Armour/ES-Base is easier to get 4 red) - ES > Res (maybe Block-craft if you like it, it got buffed)
Boots: Rainbowstride or good Rares (actually hard to find better rares here)
Ring 1: Pyre (mandatory)
Ring 2: Rigwald's Crest, Le Heup of all or good Rare
Amulet: Natural Hierarchy (just spend the 1ex for it, you wanna have it. Believe me)
Belt: Doryani's Invitation (doesn't matter whether cold or fire. Fit style variant to your resistances)

Bandits

Normal: Kill
Cruel: Alira or Kill
Merciless: Kill

Gems

Notes:
- Even in critbased builds Controlled Destruction gives a bigger damage boost than other gems that could fit
- Switch LMP for Slower Projectiles in Boss Fights
- Some people prefer a Life Leech-gem in the 6L and take another curse in the CWDT-setup. Just take what you feel comfortable with.
- HoT with Curse on Hit can be useful aswell to apply curses in critbased builds

5L/6L Chest: Freezing Pulse - Spell Echo - Controlled Destruction - Void Manipulation - LMP - (Faster Casting)

4L Head: Clarity - Arctic Armour - Discipline - Enlighten

4L Boots: Spell Totem - Wither - Faster Casting - Increased Duration (can be used in a 3L without ID aswell)

4L Gloves: CWDT (lvl 3) - Immortal Call (lvl 5) - Warlord's Mark (lvl 7) - Increased Duration

3L Weapon: Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

3L Off-Hand: Chaos Golem - Vall Discipline - Increased Duration (basically this 3L is up to you. some people might want a Vaal Haste or a 4th aura in here or take another golem)

Leveling Tree

coming soon

Videos

Atziri: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKGj_vbDeTA

more videos coming soon

FAQ

none yet. will gather from the comments
Last edited by Noaphiel on Dec 27, 2015, 5:12:17 AM
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2017, 4:50:22 AM
Great idea & build. Rerolling it right now :) Thanks!
"
renkyn wrote:
Great idea & build. Rerolling it right now :) Thanks!

/second that
112% increased damage from that amulet, that's impressive.
Well done, nice build.
thanks for the credit :). added Atziri video.

I'm on vacation for a few days now, so questions might take a while to get answered. Will do more video updates once I returned.
nice build, but i see u take poison and DoT note also,and i think it dont apply to chao damage direct
"
Wraithroot wrote:
nice build, but i see u take poison and DoT note also,and i think it dont apply to chao damage direct

The Consuming Dark does poison, though
hello!
whats the levelling tree? i'm currently making a new character, so i need some tips on leveling.
thanks!
Basically take hp/es nodes first. Maybe some additional life nodes from the witch and Shadow tree. Top path first. Switch to es, once you feel comfortable.

Cant post lvl tree atm cuz i'm on holiday and just have access with mobile phone.
Hi, nice build idea, i'm currently working on a crit version of that build, since I seem to pass near a lot of crit node and Infernal Mantle + consuming dark give a nice crit chance.

For those interested : I beleive Scion start is pretty good too. All you have to do to take advantage of it is to place some Izaro's Turmoil in the 3 jewel socket near the start and you have a nice ammount of damage. I haven't calculate if it's better than shadow however.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info