[HC] Dual Wield Dagger/Cybils Crit Poison Blade Vortex

So what is this all about?

Tree

115 Points

Mechanics/Synergy/Key parts of the build

Quite a bit going on here, let's see:

Cybil's Paw + Blade Vortex: BV hits twice per second, per blade. That means 16 lgoh per second/blade. At 25 blades spinning we are gaining 400 HP per second/mob we are hitting, with no cap. At 50 blades we are gaining 800 HP per second/mob. Sounds good.

Poison gem + Increased duration gem + Duration cluster from tree + Poison damage from tree: Kullevi told me about the potential of the Poison gem as a damage multiplier, and he wasnt wrong. Poison effect gives 20% of phys damage as chaos over 2 seconds, per stack, that means 10% of phys damage as chaos per second. Poison duration is affected by the duration cluster we take from the tree, it is also affected by the Increased Duration gem, which means, if the default duration is 2 seconds, 2 * (1 + 0.45 + 0.74) = 4.58 seconds Poison duration. Since Poison stacks, and Blade Vortex hits up to 100 times per second with 50 blades active, the amount of stacks we can get on monsters is quite insane, I don't even know how to calculate how much added DPS all this stuff gives, but taking the Poison nodes from the tree, the potential is very high.

Dual Wield attack speed multiplier + Whirling Blades/Fortify: Meshes very well with Blade Vortex playstyle, fast movement means fast clear speed.

Acrobatics + Lightning Coil + Cybil's Paw: In between hits, Cybils makes sure our HP stays healthy.

Vaal Clarity + Increased Duration: All this blade spam takes a toll in our mana, it can get really annoying, instead, we run a mana pot to spam the first set of blades, then we kill some monsters, and thanks to the duration cluster from the tree and another increased duration gem, we get 21+ seconds of Vaal Clarity, which means free casting, in those 21 seconds we most likely refilled our Vaal Clarity again.

Videos

All of them recorded with a Level 17 Blade Vortex, so the damage has a lot of room for growth

78 Springs with crit map mod, extra dmg as cold, power charges

Orchard boss fight, showcasing the potential of the Poison gem

Some nice cancer map, 57% More monster life, no life/mana regen, 60% cold res Malformation, boss fight included

Gorge clear speed, ~3 minutes with looting.

Gear

Lightning Coil: required for high maps, as for every acro build, theres really no choice here sadly :(. When you are farming low maps you don't need a Coil.
Maligaro's Virtuosity: decent damage boost.
Rare Eva HP helm/boots/rings: just some rares with hp and resists.
Crit amulet: HP/Crit multi/Crit chance, Spell damage would be sick but those are hard to get.
Spell crit dagger: Spell crit chance is the most important stat, then crit multi/spell damage/flat damage to spells in no particular order of importance.
Cybil's Paw offhand: my good old favourite unique in the game gets another spell to toy with, blade vortex :)

My current character

here

How important is a 6L?

Not much, is just quality of life and a bit increased clear speed with Increased Area of Effect or Faster casting, depending on what you chose to use in your 5 Link.

Links

5L/6L: Blade Vortex - Poison - Spell Echo - Increased Duration - Increased Area of Effect/Faster Casting - Faster Casting/Increased Area of Effect
4L: Whirling Blades - Blood Magic (or not) - Fortify - Faster Attacks
3L: Herald of Ice - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark
2L/1: Hatred - Blood Rage
4L: Cast When Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Increased duration - Vaal Clarity

You will probably have issues getting 3R1B in a evasion item so just toss Vaal Clarity - Inc duration in some other links

Bandits

Oak/passive/Alira

DPS Calculation

6597 Tooltip DPS with 4 power charges and 3 frenzy charges
Blades last for 10.95 seconds

According to the wiki, our sustained DPS is Tooltip * Blade Duration * 2 since each blade hits twice a second, then 6597 * 10.95 * 2 = 144475 Sustained DPS.

This doesnt even take into account the Poison portion of the build which is massive. So I don't even know.
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
Last edited by yotmato on Dec 18, 2015, 10:10:09 AM
Nice build - I was sure you will make another cybil's paw build at some point ^^

I didn't think that poison effect is also increased by increased duration, that is really nice. But why you have trouble calculating it ? I thought that the damage of each poison stack is a separate effect, right ? Or somehow they interact ? If they are separe effects, getting 120% duration increase makes its damage 120% increased.

Also, I don't think we need increased aoe for this skill. Much more potent here looks added fire dmg or even better hypothermia, as it would improve both physical, poison and aura dmg. Hatred gives us 40% gain of physical dmg and from the poe wiki we can read that "Base chill duration is 60 ms seconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life" and from what I saw we are above it. For normal skills 60 ms is a joke but with BV, each blades hits every 500ms so 10 of them hits targets in 50ms intervals.... that's meant that with 10 blades our hypothermia must work.

On the last note, from what I can suggest, from what I saw some people use wither on spell totem to increase dmg from poison, maybe you can also try that. Probably only makes sense for bosses but... maybe not with your already high tooltip.
I tried taking off increased aoe and it just feels wrong, I didnt plan on taking witch AOE nodes either and I ended up grabbing them, AOE means clear speed, means more targets for cybils lgoh, too nice to not have
Lowest level Hardcore Atziri Kill ~ Level 65 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyDB6Haa6U8
Level 100 Tempest HC with self-made and most played build of POE 2.0 ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTUOhqEZ9s
(✿◠‿◠)
"
yotmato wrote:
I tried taking off increased aoe and it just feels wrong, I didnt plan on taking witch AOE nodes either and I ended up grabbing them, AOE means clear speed, means more targets for cybils lgoh, too nice to not have

Well, your tooltip is already so high that you probably don't need it anyway. I was thinknig that it could be nice if you wanted to get something else than the dmg from the tree..... but after checking your tree I see just 3 nodes solely taken for dmg. Really nice build.

But seeing how much dmg you managed to make with this skill I am even more sure it is broken. Ow, well.... Welcome in the nerf train ^^ Again ^^
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
"
yotmato wrote:

Well, your tooltip is already so high that you probably don't need it anyway. I was thinknig that it could be nice if you wanted to get something else than the dmg from the tree..... but after checking your tree I see just 3 nodes solely taken for dmg. Really nice build.

But seeing how much dmg you managed to make with this skill I am even more sure it is broken. Ow, well.... Welcome in the nerf train ^^ Again ^^

Nah I don't think BV will get nerfed, bladefall and poison mechanic perhaps will get a nerfbat soon.

Its pretty sad that all we can think of now when we find nice things is that they will probably get the nerfbat. Poison for sure will get hit by it, I guess after talisman and before ascendancy.
(✿◠‿◠)
"
yotmato wrote:
Spoiler
"
Alex_Lied wrote:
"
yotmato wrote:

Nah I don't think BV will get nerfed, bladefall and poison mechanic perhaps will get a nerfbat soon.

Its pretty sad that all we can think of now when we find nice things is that they will probably get the nerfbat. Poison for sure will get hit by it, I guess after talisman and before ascendancy.

Yea, I might be a bit too negative about it. But incinerate didn't deserve so severe nerf either. Right now I just think they nerf skill based on popularity rather than their true capacity, to just get all skills to be used equally by players in the game. We can only wait and see.

BTW, why are you not using any Eldritch knowledge ?
Spoiler

Edit: Just rewriting question to make it more clear
Last edited by Alex_Lied on Dec 19, 2015, 6:31:43 PM
Because rare jewels with life and damage are better, the only chaos damage i take from the tree is fangs of the viper, because its 1 point away and also gives 20% phys damage, so its very efficient. Then I take the 3 poison nodes but those arent chaos nodes, and they scale the poison damage by 125% for 3 points which is kind of insane when you think about it. Basically I get 145% damage for my poison with 4 points investment, with more levels i'd probably take shadow starting nodes and thats about it.

I have yet to see a blade vortex build with higher DPS than this or even close
(✿◠‿◠)
My tooltip dps on blade vortex is like 1k at level 13, its not gonna get much higher, how do you get 4k+?
also where do you get frenzy and power charges from?
e: nvm missed blood rage, but still dont get how ur tooltip dps on blade vortex is so high..
Last edited by ImoK on Dec 20, 2015, 8:00:16 PM
Level 13 is really bad.... thats like the gem level you have in act 1 merciless at level 50

??????
(✿◠‿◠)
yes ok i guess it's really bad, i respecced into this at lvl 80
all in all do u think my tree is ok?

not sure if i should go ghost reaver to sustain manacost for my es
currently 4k hp and 2k ES, will be 1k es when i run acrobatics i guess.
i dont need clarity but downside is i cant run blood rage

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAA-4EBwSzBUIFtQZwBx4I9A5IES0RLxGWFm8WvxpsHNwdviSqJpUnqSj6KgsrCiycLR8y0TOHNj026TpYPAU9X0GWRUdFfEWdSVFMs06fUlNTUlVLVcZd8mHiYqxknWSqaPJqQ2yMbRlwUnaCen98g3_Ggh6Cx4PbhG-FMonTjDaP-pUglS6XlZeXl_Sa4J2qna6iAKKjpwius7Q4tMW1SLiTvOrAVMBmwfPC7ND11ELbC-Nq5RnrY-vu6_XsGO988B_w1fId98H79Q==?accountName=ImoK&characterName=NoFapNoRip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info