Dual Chaos Totems

This build has an incredible clear speed rate on almost any map mod. All map mods can be done but some aren't worth the time like temporal chains. I have killed normal atziri

with phase changes of ~2 seconds. I haven't had a chance to do uber atziri yet. Most map bosses and rogue exiles die before you even know you are fighting them.

What makes this build different:

No curses
No auras
No reflect damage to character
No reflect damage to totems

Play style:
Drop 2x totems
If it isn't dead channel incinerate to stack power charges increasing crit chance and damage
If it's still not dead channel wither until it is
Rinse repeat

This build has an incredible clear speed rate on almost any map mod. All map mods can be done but some aren't worth the time like temporal chains. I have killed normal atziri
with phase changes of ~2 seconds. I haven't had a chance to do uber atziri yet. Most map bosses and rogue exiles die before you even know you are fighting them.

I started with this build

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1350294

and I give all props to the creator for make a really awesome build. I got most of the gear including dual void batteries (which are very, very expensive) and i was doing
about 50k tool tip per totem before i made the switch to all chaos.

My links:

4l Incinerate-GMP-FasterCasting-Blind

This ability does NO damage and is as effective at level 1 as it is at 20/20. This means you have a constant supply of these 4 gems that you can level and sell as soon as
they hit 20/20. What it does is fuel your power charges. With Romira's Banquet you hit but never crit with your incinerate. So with ~1 second of channeling incinerate you max
out your power charges maximizing crit chance and damage.

6l FlameTotem-Empower-VoidManipulation-FasterCasting-AddedChaosDamage-FasterProjectiles

You can sub Chaos for lightning to get shock but mobs have elemental resistances and reflect.

4L Wither-VaalGrace-IncreasedAreaOfEffect-IncreasedDuration

Wither is so op it's bound to be nerfed but use it while you can. A few seconds of channeling stacks 7-10 dots which means 50-70% increased chaos damage taken by all mobs
"cursed". VaalGrace is great to pop at a boss fight and usually lasts until the boss is dead making it less likely to be 1 shotted.

4L CWDT-Assassin'sMark-IncreasedDuration-PhaseRun

I love cwdt+PhaseRun, when you get hit you lose all aggro and they go after your totems and you get increased run speed. This build also has fewer casts so its easier not to
break your phase run by casting. You can sub out Assasin'sMark for TemporalChains or Enfeeble Depending on if you want more defense or not. Do not use Flammability once you
switch to all Chaos.

3L LightningWarp-LessDuration-FasterCasting

movement skill

3L ConversionTrap-MultipleTraps-IncreasedDuration

My personal favorite skill. I slot this in one of my weapons. Anytime you get swarmed or are about to be swarmed like close quarters boss fights or opening strongboxes you
can drop 6 traps and have 6 instant friends. so its just you the only target, then you totem and you are 1 in 3 and then you trap and you are targeted 1 in 9. This is another
skill that is as effective at lvl 1 as at 20/20. Once only your allies are standing you can weapon swap to release control and kill the remaining mobs.

Gear:

Must have's are Infernal Mantle, The Consuming Dark, Astremntis, and Romira's Banquet.

Optional that work really well are Bino's and Gifts From Above. Gloves can be Maligaro's, Asenath's Gentle Touch or Winds of Change.

This leaves you pretty well starved for resistances so you may need to get more from the passive tree or use good resist gloves with life.

Head good resists and life, crit if you can
Boots run speed, resists, life, crit if you can
Belt resist, life, crit if you can (or headhunter of course)

Jewels Two must haves are clear mind as good as you can get and Rain of Splinters that is no higher than 33%.

So this build is not cheap but it is very easy to play, can clear all content, heals alot for party memebers if you have gifts and bino's, and is easy to scale into the more
expensive items. i would recommend this progression:

Tabula Rasa Easy 6l while you craft on a Infernal Mantle
Astrementis You will need this to cover the dexterity cost of all the green gems
Romira's Banquet This is needed to easily stack power charges so its worth less until you can get all 6 up
Rain of Splinters I wouldnt use one of these unless its 33% or lower because math
Clear Mind With Blood Magic this is a no brainer
Infernal Mantle 6L is a must
Consuming Dark (use a fire pen gem instead of empower until you get this)

Tree

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CCEI-mRKtVriycES18g6eUXl3R_QVCQZaus9D1TLPQHyBuUDDbXgQHg9tVxjpYHwI2xYPzTq6uErE2RKHYJKcIj0YdFI5ktvr3pvrS42oWbzbpJKpmnioTWOWj8lorhX0WQClPa7c62Ow4GjiQVScvgpuaO-FzogAEs2jy8B_Grgthr2z4kxDM_od7IP5UDc0rUBzOr6fE9n31g188Lbc-g8wn7Rku2WHPfq2N0iFXDRRx2XyCB_JBJbzgw9tP378OPPauLKdKxDpSGJG8nxRN_Ev-Cti9_o81kjrh8kXyL2o7ah7v6w==

Bandits: Side with Oak, None, Alira
Last edited by Cursed_Ruin on Dec 18, 2015, 12:59:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info