[2.1] Damning-King - Tri-Curse ED+Contagion | Super Fun | AoE Smasher | ST Melter | Atziri Viable

So, how is build looking in 2.2 (after toxin nerf)?
Several nerfs in 2.2... Is this build going to survive?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Several nerfs in 2.2... Is this build going to survive?

The nerfs are huge. Poison support was literally destroyed (as I expected), fatal toxins is halved, and Bino's is badly nerfed too.

I played an ED Scion to lvl 95 in Talisman league, and took a completely different approach to build and gameplay. I didn't use the poison support but went with slower projectiles and didn't use Bino's. I think that in my case my choice will be rewarded by Ascendant sub-classes (Occultist being the only must have).
Last edited by djnat on Mar 3, 2016, 10:15:37 AM
Check out the Witch Occultist class. It looks amazing for this build's idea. Maybe my Witch that I tried with this build earlier will get a new chance to shine even despite the nerfs.
I think Ascendant will not be that inferior, when compared to Occultist, for an ED / Cont build.

Occultist + Deadeye (or Berserker) seem to be very good for this playstyle, plus Scion has a better tree customization for the build (2 additional passive points to use).

Pure Occultist and Ascendant will be very close in performances, imho.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 3, 2016, 4:45:46 PM
"
djnat wrote:
I think Ascendant will not be that inferior, when compared to Occultist, for an ED / Cont build.

Occultist + Deadeye (or Berserker) seem to be very good for this playstyle, plus Scion has a better tree customization for the build (2 additional passive points to use).

Pure Occultist and Ascendant will be very close in performances, imho.

Ascendant Occultist won't get the +1 curse that Witch Occultist gets, that's a big deal.
But is that really necessary?

I mean, I am already playing with 3 curses (I get the extra two from corruption on necklace and whispers of doom). Unless you are going to play quad curse, what's the real gain? Freeing 1-2 unnecessary talent points can be good (since the two nodes which give 5% curse effect aren't actually wasted), but I'd still go for profane bloom, void beacon and wicked ward, since I'm a EB / MOM user in my build.
"
djnat wrote:
But is that really necessary?

I mean, I am already playing with 3 curses (I get the extra two from corruption on necklace and whispers of doom). Unless you are going to play quad curse, what's the real gain? Freeing 1-2 unnecessary talent points can be good (since the two nodes which give 5% curse effect aren't actually wasted), but I'd still go for profane bloom, void beacon and wicked ward, since I'm a EB / MOM user in my build.

5 skill points (get rid of the whole Whispers of Doom cluster) or a good ring instead of Doedre's. IMO that's a new reason to consider a Witch version.

But, of course, the main question is whether or not it's ruined by the nerfs. Bino, Poison, Toxins - all have been hit hard. Damn.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
5 skill points (get rid of the whole Whispers of Doom cluster) or a good ring instead of Doedre's. IMO that's a new reason to consider a Witch version.

But, of course, the main question is whether or not it's ruined by the nerfs. Bino, Poison, Toxins - all have been hit hard. Damn.
The skill points saved are 3 or 4 (depending on the way you path for WoD), usually 4 and 2 of them are quite useful in a tri-curse build (10% increased curse effect).

The Ascendant is getting 2 extra passive points when compared to the Witch. So the difference will not be that big, I guess. :)

I am already not using Doedre, but 2 good rings with tons of life / resists and a corrupted amulet with good stats and +1 curse.

As to the nerfs; I think it's just a question of build approaching. The thread starter's build makes heavy use of the poison gem, Bino's and poison nodes, my build uses none. Maybe I'll open another thread to explain how I play my Essence Drainer after testing it in Standard when the Expansion comes out. For sure it can only get better, since with the Ascendant I will get 2 extra skill points and the bonuses from Occultist and Berserker / Deadeye (hard to decide what is better, they both provide useful things for the build).
please post new skill tree ! thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info