[2.1] Spin and Burn! Vortex+Righteous Fire

Hi I'm doing a very similar build to yours, some differences that I did were I didnt grab as much life regen in the passive tree and off set that with the primal blood talisman for the regen. I Dont have as much survivability but I also offset that by running just 10% knock with jewels in the passive tree, most mobs dont even get close enough to hit me with my 75% aoe size.

Another really cool trick you can do with blade vortex is run two seperate gems, one for your main casts an then a second one for either curse on hit or cullingstrike (I use an increase aoe gemin both). As long as you pump the odd utility blade in their you're basically running a 7/8 link.

Doon Cuebiyari also works very well with the build combo cause of all the str that you can stack in the maurader and duelist tree. Once I have the proper gem colours for it I'm going to use my utility vortex in it. I run iron will support gem in my main Vortex for the same reason I picked up Doon'. My usual engagement goes, 1)Pump up Vortex leaving my utility vortex for last pump 2)Leapslam with fortify to get into fights, Self cast enduring cry and immortal call when needed

In the future I want to try Empire's Grasp for my utility vortex, keep the 10% knock back from jewels, I hope that I would be able to pump up vortex then just drag all the mobs with me, kinda like a mini vaal cyclone, Though I haven't felt beefy enough to try that yet

If im right I have about 150% increased damage for RF and for Blade Vortex I have 9.5 sec duration, 1947 tooltip dps, 245 - 372 damage per hit( with RF active), When I'm clearing mobs I can easily sustain 20-25 stacks but with sustained pumping I can reach 50 stacks, Though my mana doesnt usually let me against bosses I just self cast a poachers mark and most mobs don't need more than 5 -10 stacks to drop in a sec.

Main Vortex support gems are, Inc AOE, spell echo, Faster Cast, Iron Will
Utility vortex A) Inc Aoe, Culling Strike, Iron will (prefered)
B) Inc AOE, Curse on hit, Poachers mark

Once I have a 6 link chest I'm going to run Inc Duration as well, Though poison is very tempting due to all the inc duration in the tree.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAdwC4wPuBLMFLQYOB6UIZwn2ES0UIBW4GFYZLho-HNwdvh_HJ-0o-ikuK3gsnC2LMtEzhzWSPAU9Xz8nQYdFR0WdR35JskrIUlNTUlcNWW1boF8_X5hhIWSjZU1odGjybRluqm87dO1343gNeWh8DnyDfLiCx4TZhO-PGpSgljKXlZf0muCf36IAp1Wpbq2NtfK3PriTvTa-p8AawGbBBMRYyFvPMs9-1HzYTdi92WHaYtrB6-7vfPAf8az2SPno_go=?accountName=moosetompson&characterName=RightFireTompson

edited: added link
Last edited by moosetompson on Feb 29, 2016, 9:26:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info