General Questions Thread # 35236

Hey all. Just curious about a couple things about this game.

1) What are the range of specs (Minimum to Max Recommended) that I can run the game on? Is it compatible with 32bit and 64 bit systems?

2) I watched a Video on this game where someone logged in to Authenticate, showing that a stable connection to the internet is required. Are the games run be hosted online if you choose to play single, or is just a steady connection just required? I am asking this due to my worries about lag. (Think SC2 Single vs SC2 Multiplayer)

2a) Since this game was made by NZ people, are the game servers hosted in Oceania or US/EU, or all 3?

3) What makes this game stand out compared to the other upcoming RPGs of its genre? (Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, Torchlight 2)

4) Is multiplayer/singleplayer available in the beta?

5) How long did it take you to get your cd key? :(

Thanks for your time, everyone. :)
Happy bird is happy.
There's this thing called search >.> its right above you can't miss it. D:
"...You know the difference between arrogance and confidence?

Confidence can back its shit up." -Charan
Not all of the questions I've raised had answers. (Granted, the server side brought to light the USA/EU server availability, but that's one of many)
Happy bird is happy.
All of those have been answered at some point, but here we go:

1) They haven't released official system requirements yet. At the minimum, your graphics adapter has to support Pixel Shader 3.0. Just about any computer made in the last 5 years should run PoE just fine. It works fine on both 32- and 64-bit.

2) The game is hosted online. You have to log into the server to play; you can't play with just the client.

2a) The servers are located in the US, but there is a EU gateway that will give better connections to people in that region.

3) Do a search on this one; there are a lot of opinions. For me, it stands out because it holds true to the classic action RPG, hack-and-slash theme, while changing many of the core systems to make it more interesting and less hassling. The passives, skill itemization, and currencies are good examples.

4) The game is built to be multiplayer (hence the online-only play), but you can play all of the content solo if you want.

5) I was registered 5 months before the beta began, and received my invite during the 2nd week of beta.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
Thanks for the reply. My biggest concern with this game is that I'm going to be travelling a lot. I move countries frequently (I've been to Australia, the Philippines, Macau, and Hong Kong in this year alone) and in a lot of places, internet isn't exactly stable. The reason I stopped playing Multiplayer on SC was because of the lag I got from trying to play on their servers (though Single player worked fine). Is there anyone from a country with bad/inconsistent internet that can voice their opinion about connection speed?
Happy bird is happy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info