Beta keys, beta obligations and beta responsibilities!

First of, this is not a thread to deter people from signing up for a beta-spot, but to give an idea of what it means to be in a closed beta.

With a beta-key comes a responsibility of helping the game getting better. It means reading the forums and playing the game at least sometimes and it will most likely not hurt the game if a few suggestions get thrown up for the developers to see too.

The reason the game is in a closed beta is that it is not all done yet. Patch 0.9.3 completely rewrote a few of the core features of the game and 0.9.5 will add other significant core-features to the game.
Some of these features will have bugs and that is why we are testing: To find bugs in the basic features before the game is released to the public!

Anyone can find bugs, but some loose their motivation of playing the game through time.

This thread can be used by anyone wanting a beta-key to describe how they want to test the game and for anyone with a beta-key to give away, to find a worthy tester. I will most likely look by if I end up with another friend-invite myself.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
very nice post its nice to have somone word it so well. all these kids just think they get a chance to play it first and thats not what this is all about its about finding bugs so when this goes live we dont lose population because a bug that was never found:)
Yes, yes, let us grovel, but use big words.
Thanks Sabinus! Much Love, much love.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-TqEFYcfM
Well personally my goal is to break the game in anyway I can. Bug testing aside the game also needs focus on balancing and breaking balance with specific builds is also important for closed beta tests as well. That's of course including normal bug testing. Everything from trying to walk off the map to getting places people don't even think to try. Now I personally don't have a lot of posts on the forums but that's because I simple don't have the game. No point is posting and posting if you don't even have the game. I don't like speculation so I'm not really going to do anything or say anything in the forums till I can get a taste of what I'm talking about.

So for your consideration
Lowlightt
Thank you berialSD for the key
a very nice idea and a very good post/thread. the only sad thing is that suddenly no one replies, while on other *contests/giveaways* and begging threads there are dozens of replies begging for keys.....not a good sign.

"
lowlightt wrote:
Well personally my goal is to break the game in anyway I can. Bug testing aside the game also needs focus on balancing and breaking balance with specific builds is also important for closed beta tests as well. That's of course including normal bug testing. Everything from trying to walk off the map to getting places people don't even think to try. Now I personally don't have a lot of posts on the forums but that's because I simple don't have the game. No point is posting and posting if you don't even have the game. I don't like speculation so I'm not really going to do anything or say anything in the forums till I can get a taste of what I'm talking about.

So for your consideration
Lowlightt

anyway, congrats Lowlightt, you deserve your key more than a lot of others here. Check your messages:)
Wraeclast's Finest clan:
http://wraeclastsfinest.guildlaunch.com

Live by the gun or die by my law

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info