[2.1] Flame Surge Totem (Cheap Atziri)

Intro

With the 2.1 patch, you can now cast additional searing totem along with 2 flame surge totems.

Flame Surge deals 50% more damage with burning enemies, and by casting another searing totem, you can easily burn enemies.

This build will have a really strong single target with good clear speed overall thanks to searing bond.
With the patch of poison stack now, Consuming Dark dagger let us poison with fire spells, making it us to have even more strong single target. Flame surge is perfect for poison with high damage along with fast cast speed.

Since new patch has mana buff, I'll be trying out using mana instead of EB.

Pros
- Insane Single Target Damage
- Can do Any Maps
- Atziri with Cheap Gears

Cons
- A bit lacking in clear speed, but still decent

Video

Atziri around lvl 80s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPaPGXnjW-I

Atziri lvl 93 (gem level20, 5Links): https://youtu.be/mzmocRkRAW8

Passive Tree

With the ascendancy patch, I am going to playing as Assassin on shadow.

Here's the passive tree for assassin: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAQN1BAcEswceCPQOSBCSES8RUBGWFecWbxa_GjgabBzcHwIgbiL0IzYkqiaVJy8qCyoTKwoyMjW5NsU26TpYOtg8BT1fRXxFnUlRSbFMs06uUDBSU1MQU1JVS1XGWHdY5VorXfJeXV8EYeJmVGaeaPJqQ2wLbRlwUnOzfIN_xoKbg9uD84V7idOMNox2jxqQVZErkyeVLpeVl5eX9Jo7muCdrp_foS-iAKPypwinK6eUrhKxNrcxvG--isBUwGbQH9H91abXz9gk2YbbXuNq5CLr7uw47TzvfO-I7-vwH_Br8NX5N_rS
While leveling, try to rush toward Ancestral Bond so that you can summon 2 totmes. On the way, you can grab few life nodes to play safer.

for leveling gems, use fire trap and blade vortex (or any spells on your preference) until act3, then
grab a flameblast in act3 with Ambush ascendancy node.

Bandits:
Act1 = Life
Act2 = Passive Point
Act3 = Power Charge

Gem Link

Main Chest
4L = Spell Totem - Flame Surge - Faster Casting - Fire Penetration
5L = Spell Totem - Flame Surge - Faster Casting - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effect
6L = Spell Totem - Flame Surge - Faster Casting - Fire Penetration - Concentrated Effecf+ Void Manipulation/Empower/Crit dmg

When you get Consuming Dark, you don't need fire penetration anymore.
5L, switch Elemental Focus / controlled destruction
6L, add Elemental FOcus / controlle ddesturction / void manipulation

4 Links is personal preference. It does not have to be same as mine, here's my set up:

4 Links
1) CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Flame Golem
2) Temporal Chain(switch to arctic armour on curse immune map) - Blasphemy - Wither - Enduring Cry
3) Blade Vortex (lvl1) - AoE - Power charge gain on critical - Increased Duration

Some other options:
Fire trap
Firestorm trap
Ice spear power charge gain on crit
ball lightning curse on hit / pcoc
etc etc

3 Links
1) Whirling Blades - Faster Attack - Fortify

This weapon should have +1(consuming dark) or +2/+1 fire gem dagger
2) Searing Bond - Rapid Decay - Burning Damage

My current Gear
Spoiler

Items

Weapon: Start with 2 daggers with spell crit/dmg, 1 dagger should have +2 fire gem level with spell crit.
For end game, switch +2 fire gem dagger to consuming dark.

Armor:
1) Rare Armour
2) Infernal Mantle (Use only 1 aura OR get EB and keep away from low mana)

I am currently at 5.6k life / 3k es, using 1 temporal chian aura, and not using EB.

Gloves: If you can manage mana, Void bringer is a good choice. If not, any rare gloves should be fine.

Rest are focused on Life/ Resist and Crit
Last edited by GeGuRi on Mar 4, 2016, 2:55:15 PM
Fire Pen has no effect on Searing Bond since it doesn't hit ;)
"
Qancho wrote:
Fire Pen has no effect on Searing Bond since it doesn't hit ;)

oh!! Thanks, did not know that. TIL

Changed to Rapid Decay.
Last edited by GeGuRi on Dec 11, 2015, 4:35:01 AM
You can place 2 searing bond totems in 2.1 without ancestral bond.

It would be much better todo a Iron will flamesurge build with 2 searing totems than 3 totems 2 searing 1 flamesurge

Mainhand Doon:
Flamesurge - echo - firepen - (ironwill)

Offhand searing bond:
+1+2 scepter with Searing bond - empower - burning damag

Chestpiece Kaoms

Totems are squishy without HP/Armor nodes And I really recommend Ironwood, which is nice for iron will build.

Aoe on Flamesurge only makes it longer and never wider

Edit Doon's passive is "increased damage based on strength" works with your searing bond. spell damage doesnt

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCAaPu8O8i98uCku8axXDdlh0iGtjfJBns3PfoIHpzB2rNl8AeefyxRxFE0b-g48_Esl3yynvJ-2LHhpGJGkGfauGS4n7QYO1HwJ9sT2cqlVqZe0agHGrhDMK7aMRviTC2GvbGjy8B-iAASz4XOaO4Kb7TzVplBH5FE8LYPMtz7-Cti98kU64aZXTeM1kv6Pg1_AZkVHMtHr7prgRZ1TUqcIj0aboRhqeC985VgHQYecvg0fPCgMXxynU6XEWPnoFVDEFfObaGWvpxzOK1ANzf5U

How I would done it. Run 3 curses on blasphemy with windscream boots, flamability, eleweakness & enfeeble or tempchain
Last edited by Yoshirouu on Dec 11, 2015, 5:16:32 AM
empower, burning dmg, rapid decay and the dmg bonus of culling strike. controlled destruction wont work too because searing bond doesnt scale with spelldmg, only totem, fire and burning dmg.

Get a +2/+1 szepter with searing bond with empower and burning dmg/rapid decay.

or use a geofris helmet (or any +1 gems item) with searing bond, rapid decay, burning and empower

I would drop blasphemy (at least the offensive one) and selfcurse... you have nothing to do while the totems stand so you can selfcurse and use a defensive aura/AA.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Dec 11, 2015, 6:52:53 AM
Blasphemy will put you into the fray. I nice alternative would be arc-curse on hit - curse1 -curse2. You could also pick up elemental equilibrium to proc it with arc. But that would restrict your year options (no +fire to spells on gear). Since you are picking up AoE nodes, firetrap could also serve as a burning source.

Arctic Armour's defense is active while stationary. Searing bond involves plenty of moving around so i don't think that you will use it effectively. I suggest using grace, especially if you go dual curse on hit arc.

Infernal mantle makes you take 100% increased spell damage when you are low (under 33%) on mana. Reserving a lot of mana puts you under the threshold. You may have to modify your build to use it.
Last edited by aplostra on Dec 11, 2015, 7:02:05 AM
"
Yoshirouu wrote:
You can place 2 searing bond totems in 2.1 without ancestral bond.

It would be much better todo a Iron will flamesurge build with 2 searing totems than 3 totems 2 searing 1 flamesurge

Mainhand Doon:
Flamesurge - echo - firepen - (ironwill)

Offhand searing bond:
+1+2 scepter with Searing bond - empower - burning damag

Chestpiece Kaoms

Totems are squishy without HP/Armor nodes And I really recommend Ironwood, which is nice for iron will build.

Aoe on Flamesurge only makes it longer and never wider

Edit Doon's passive is "increased damage based on strength" works with your searing bond. spell damage doesnt

http://exiletools.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCAaPu8O8i98uCku8axXDdlh0iGtjfJBns3PfoIHpzB2rNl8AeefyxRxFE0b-g48_Esl3yynvJ-2LHhpGJGkGfauGS4n7QYO1HwJ9sT2cqlVqZe0agHGrhDMK7aMRviTC2GvbGjy8B-iAASz4XOaO4Kb7TzVplBH5FE8LYPMtz7-Cti98kU64aZXTeM1kv6Pg1_AZkVHMtHr7prgRZ1TUqcIj0aboRhqeC985VgHQYecvg0fPCgMXxynU6XEWPnoFVDEFfObaGWvpxzOK1ANzf5U

How I would done it. Run 3 curses on blasphemy with windscream boots, flamability, eleweakness & enfeeble or tempchain

Great build, but it seems like a different build.

This build is more focused on crit flame surge with totem instead of self casting.
Searing bond is more like an optional link to proc burning damage.
"
Milkyslice wrote:
empower, burning dmg, rapid decay and the dmg bonus of culling strike. controlled destruction wont work too because searing bond doesnt scale with spelldmg, only totem, fire and burning dmg.

Get a +2/+1 szepter with searing bond with empower and burning dmg/rapid decay.

or use a geofris helmet (or any +1 gems item) with searing bond, rapid decay, burning and empower

I would drop blasphemy (at least the offensive one) and selfcurse... you have nothing to do while the totems stand so you can selfcurse and use a defensive aura/AA.

Thanks for letting me know controlled destruction won't work, but what's other support gem that won't work? (you wrote "too")

I won't be using +2/+1 scepter for this build since searing bond is not my main dps, it's just to proc burning damage. Instead I'll be using high crit spell dagger for flame surge.

I am not sure about blasphemy yet, I will try this out and see how it goes. If I self curse, I'll probably use anger / arctic armour. Thanks for the thoughts!
"
aplostra wrote:
Blasphemy will put you into the fray. I nice alternative would be arc-curse on hit - curse1 -curse2. You could also pick up elemental equilibrium to proc it with arc. But that would restrict your year options (no +fire to spells on gear). Since you are picking up AoE nodes, firetrap could also serve as a burning source.

Arctic Armour's defense is active while stationary. Searing bond involves plenty of moving around so i don't think that you will use it effectively. I suggest using grace, especially if you go dual curse on hit arc.

Infernal mantle makes you take 100% increased spell damage when you are low (under 33%) on mana. Reserving a lot of mana puts you under the threshold. You may have to modify your build to use it.

I'll try out blasphemy and see how it goes :)
If I would self curse, I would probably use ball lightning instead of arc.

EE won't work with this build since flame surge has fast casting speed. Also it will have enough damage already.

I chose arctic armour with chilled ground along with good defense while casting. I won't be moving while casting and when I move, I'll use whirling blade, making movement time really fast.

Grace is ok, but if I drop blasphemy, I'll probably use anger/arctic armour.

It's actually 35%, but if I get to use infernal mantle, I'll reserve 50% mana to not proc the increased spell damage taken while being able to cast totems. Using EB to keeping away from low mana is also optional.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info