Hatred Aura & Minions

Why is this in GD? Anyways, dear, if you put supports on minions they obviously get the bonus from the aura thereafter and its more than it would be without the supports.
The use of a pronoun (in this case "your") is the problem here. There are two potential references to what "your" refers to. They shouldn't be using it in this case, but that doesn't mean that it's WRONG.
"
I never read the text of the spell carefully and just noticed it says:

"
You and nearby allies add 20% of your physical damage as cold damage.

Is that correct, that my minions get Cold damage based on my weapon? If I were to switch from my rather weak Wand to a stronger physical 1 hander, my minions would get more damage via Hatred? Or am I incorrect and Hatred just uses the minion's own physical damage and gives them cold damage based on that?

Take a minute and think about it please.. If it was YOUR damage it was based around, what would stop Summoners from making some hard-hitting build, taking only the Summoner Nodes in the tree near-by?

And let's not forget "Aura Builds".

Like, you're pretty much making Hatred sound like the most broken Aura in the game if it worked that way.

Imagine some end-game build using Hatred, some Ele Wander would get ridicolous amounts of damage, without any Phys in his/her build.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
This is actually a pretty good point to bring up. Conventional wisdom says it should scale the minions' damage, and it does. But poe is usually very literal in their wording, and this is worded poorly in that context.

Good catch.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
ciknay wrote:
Tbh though, it isn't very good on minions. Better off with something that stacks up, instead of converting, such as wrath or anger.

Hatred is very good on anything that does primarily phys damage. Zombies have excellent base phys damage. You usually end up with about 100% minion damage from tree, they can be linked with melee phys and minion damage, generosity gives a big boost to the aura for minions. It is probably the strongest dps aura for zombies.
Lol simple math would tell you that wrath and anger are by far the WORST auras for minions

This is mind numbing how many people here completely botch their understanding of minion aura and skill relationships

Won't lie I'm a little sad

Well at least backwoods and a few others have it right
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Dec 21, 2014, 12:32:27 PM
Yea, they just should remove "your" and it would be fine.

At the same time do you think your party members(human) would be dealing damage based on your stats?
Just doesn't make much sense
Last edited by oldirtybomber on Dec 21, 2014, 3:47:44 PM
"
oldirtybomber wrote:
At the same time do you think your party members(human) would be dealing damage based on your stats?
Just doesn't make much sense
+1
It makes even less sense if we imagine a party where 2 players have this aura.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info