Hatred Aura & Minions

I never read the text of the spell carefully and just noticed it says:

"
You and nearby allies add 20% of your physical damage as cold damage.

Is that correct, that my minions get Cold damage based on my weapon? If I were to switch from my rather weak Wand to a stronger physical 1 hander, my minions would get more damage via Hatred? Or am I incorrect and Hatred just uses the minion's own physical damage and gives them cold damage based on that?
Last edited by xAjido on Feb 15, 2013, 5:47:15 AM
I posted in the skill feedback thread hoping for an answer but not as many people post there. I'm also wondering if nodes that increase physical damage will translate to more Cold damage for my Minions. Going based on the assumption that if I have more physical damage, Hatred will give more Cold damage.
20% of THEIR DMG will be added as cold.
"
Ashaira wrote:
20% of THEIR DMG will be added as cold.

Are you sure about this? The tooltip says it's based off my damage. I suppose this would be easy to test with a party member to see how much they get, none of my friends are on right now though.
Yeah you're right, just tested someone. The tooltip isn't worded correctly then. Most things in this game should be read literally, and when you read Hatred that way, it would seem like the caster's damage is important...but it's not.
Would be either really bad or really OP if it worked off the casters phys damage. I don't think it would even calculate any of that properly.

It's an aura, so whoever is in range gets 20% of their own attacks at cold.

Tbh though, it isn't very good on minions. Better off with something that stacks up, instead of converting, such as wrath or anger.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
Would minion support gems like Minion Damage and Melee Physical Damage increase how much Cold damage minions are receiving from hatred? I happen to be using both of those support gems and Hatred seems to do a lot. I see their hits freezing and chilling enemies, and Hatred is the only source of cold damage I'm doing.
Hatred is a buff that converts 1 physical damage to 1 physical damage and .2 cold damage.
In effect, it's a 1.2x final damage multiplier.
So is that a yes to the minions with their Melee Damage and Minion Damage support gems getting more from Hatred?
I guess it needs a coma or colon or something; "you and nearby allies gain: 20% of your damage as cold"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info