Influence from Talismans on parties

If I understand the talisman league correctly you only get one talisman per "infected" monster. A player's IIR has no effect and I assume that a monster will not drop 6 talismans for a full group of 6 players. Is this assumption correct, GGG?

A friend of mine recently started playing PoE again and is looking forward to the talisman league and we wanted to team up for the event. Only, if we play together we basically cut the amount of talismans we can drop per run in half. In the case of a full group you lose out on 5/6 of talisman drops per run!

Maybe you can clear an area a bit faster in a group with dedicated roles but it still means you are gimping your talisman drop rate by a really large margin. And what happens if you finally get enough talismans to summon Rigvald - does he only drop one T4 talisman? That would mean pooling talismans in a group is not worth it either because the majority of players in the group gets nothing. Building a dedicated culler with MF doesn't do anything for talismans either.

Is it really better to just play solo in this league?
PoE needs better social features... and more cats!
Finally a mechanic that does not favor groups? Me likey.
Just like sacrifice pieces don't drop one for everyone in the group, if you are going to dedicate your time to farming talismans then it is best to do it alone.

Grouping and pooling resources remains the best way to rush to maps, level masters, and map for either loot or XP. The last two SC leagues we have also seen teamwork work best for trading for currency, farming Uber Atziri, and dominating the market.

It's ok to throw the solo players a bone. Maybe use all of the other massive advantages from grouping to buy some talismans? You are collecting talismans at a 50% rate, but currency at a >200% rate.
"
Finally a mechanic that does not favor groups? Me likey.

I would like it to favor no play style. Unfortunately GGG decided to gimp maps for solo players and now they favor solo players with the league. Pick something and stick to it, GGG! =D

Or even better, make it fair for everybody (map drops, too)!
"
Barivius wrote:
You are collecting talismans at a 50% rate, but currency at a >200% rate.

Erm, honest question: How do we get more currency? I thought you get 50% IIQ per player which is still less than 2x 100%? The only advantage you have in a group is that maps are cheaper to roll. Did I miss something?
Pool your resources and work as a team. Huge advantage.
"
Barivius wrote:
Pool your resources and work as a team. Huge advantage.

Ah, the 200% was more a figure of speech. I thought GGG had introduced some new mechanic for party drops while I was gone. They seem to have changed almost everything else, so... =3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info