0.9.4e Patch Notes

Version 0.9.4e

• Minor updates for this weekend's competition league. Please see the Beta Status forum for information on this event.
  • Gems now have no experience penalty applied to them. They get full experience regardless of the player level vs the environment level.
  • Due to the previous change, higher levels of gems now require substantially more experience. This may cause gems above level 15 to drop in level (they still have all their old experience).
  • When you have only one gem to level up, the inventory now does not open when it is levelled.
  • Fixed a bug where experience on gems would be slightly off on the client. This would cause the gems to appear to level up twice occasionally.
  • Fixed a problem where the client would not display stuns that occured when the player has energy shield. This would cause the client to get out of sync.
  • Fixed a bug where "Chance to Ignite" did not scale properly under the Elemental Weakness curse.
  • Fixed a problem with the highest attack speed mod.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Dec 16, 2011, 12:33:02 AM
Gems now have no experience penalty applied to them. They get full experience regardless of the player level vs the environment level.

YEEEEEESSSS

NOW I CAN HAS 6 FIREBALLS WOHOOO!!!

Though, how many levels are we expected to lose? Losing 2+ on levels on every gem would kinda suck.

Hm, evil thought crept up to me. What if the XP changes will make it just as grindy as it was before to get a level 20 gem :(
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 15, 2011, 11:13:21 PM
We can get gem experience in lower level areas now. :D
"It feels like holding my breath under water constantly." Me about the limited "life expectancy" of the inventory space on Path of Exile and frequent needs to go to town to unload.
Last edited by Interesting on Dec 15, 2011, 11:47:08 PM
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.4e

• Fixed a bug where "Change to Ignite" did not scale properly under the Elemental Weakness curse.

Not to nitpick, but shouldn't that be "Chance to Ignite"?
    Noticed this both here AND in the patch notes that appear in the patcher itself...
    Last edited by Ashmyster on Dec 16, 2011, 12:31:34 AM
    "
    Ashmyster wrote:
    "
    Chris wrote:
    Version 0.9.4e

• Fixed a bug where "Change to Ignite" did not scale properly under the Elemental Weakness curse.

Not to nitpick, but shouldn't that be "Chance to Ignite"?
      Noticed this both here AND in the patch notes that appear in the patcher itself...

You're right. The reason it's in both places is because we use the same text for both :)
      Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
      "
      Chris wrote:

[li]Fixed a problem where the client would not display stuns that occured when the player has energy shield. This would cause the client to get out of sync.[/li]

So that's what was happening... I was wondering if I was just having lag spikes or if they were exceptionally long stuns. I guess it was a little of both, technically?
      Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
      Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
      Last edited by UristMcDwarfy on Dec 16, 2011, 1:09:37 AM
      Where can I find the "Minor updates for this weekend's competition league"?
      Disregard witches, aquire currency.
      They were referring to a minor technical update of the game client FOR the competition, I believe. The competition itself you can view above this thread on this very forum.
      "
      Ashmyster wrote:
      They were referring to a minor technical update of the game client FOR the competition, I believe. The competition itself you can view above this thread on this very forum.

Of course, I was just wondering if there was any change I would have to adjust my strategy to.
      Disregard witches, aquire currency.
      "
      Chris wrote:
      Version 0.9.4e

• Fixed a bug where experience on gems would be slightly off on the client. This would cause the gems to appear to level up twice occasionally.

Thanks, have had that for few times already in the past and has been little bit weird.
      PainHammer (templar) - 18 LEGACY
      MsPain (witch) - 23 LEGACY
      MokkaJorma (duelist) - 37 LEGACY
      HaveALittleFaith (ranger) - 38 LEGACY
      NoGodsNoMasters (marauder) - 64 LEGACY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info