Ascendancy labyrinth suggestion

From the Ascendancy news coverage it seems a full run of the labyrinth will take 45-60 minutes.
It will also not be possible to go to town once a run starts.

This poses a problem when there a network disconnects, or on client and instance crashes.

Personally as a player if I get a crash/dc after running the labyrinth for 30+ minutes, will be a very frustrating experience, one that will cause me to avoid running it again.
Imagine if this happens to you, 2 times in a row ...

To mitigate this issue GGG should consider changing labyrinth runs in the following way:
For each 1/3 of the labyrinth that is complete (after the boss fight for that 1/3) a portal becomes available to the beginning of the next 1/3 of the labyrinth.
This portal is one way - from town to the labyrinth only.
The entry point for the portal will be placed in an area with no access to vendors.

This portal will close if the player goes to any other area in the game, or performs any type of trade (vendor or player).

I think this keeps the spirit of having to do the labyrinth in one run, while mitigating the frustration of having to start the labyrinth from 0 on a crash/dc.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
xykivo wrote:
From the Ascendancy news coverage it seems a full run of the labyrinth will take 45-60 minutes.
It will also not be possible to go to town once a run starts.

This poses a problem when there a network disconnects, or on client and instance crashes.

Personally as a player if I get a crash/dc after running the labyrinth for 30+ minutes, will be a very frustrating experience, one that will cause me to avoid running it again.
Imagine if this happens to you, 2 times in a row ...

To mitigate this issue GGG should consider changing labyrinth runs in the following way:
For each 1/3 of the labyrinth that is complete (after the boss fight for that 1/3) a portal becomes available to the beginning of the next 1/3 of the labyrinth.
This portal is one way - from town to the labyrinth only.
The entry point for the portal will be placed in an area with no access to vendors.

This portal will close if the player goes to any other area in the game, or performs any type of trade (vendor or player).

I think this keeps the spirit of having to do the labyrinth in one run, while mitigating the frustration of having to start the labyrinth from 0 on a crash/dc.
I can agree that 1 hour labyrinth sounds rather frustrating and i dont see why you wouldent be able to access it again with a dc. I dident see anything hinting towards dc issues
I usually do not read popular posts again after i made a comment on it, unless it's one of my own. I wish to have a Black robed Grim Reaper micro set in game one day, grant my wish, GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info