Do we know how Blade Vortex will stack yet?

I know we don't have a lot of info re. blade vortex yet but maybe a dev can clarify?

So here is a scenario:

I have two separate Blade Vortex setups:

BV > CWDT > LGOH > IncDur

BV > IncDur > Faster Casting > Echo

My guess is that the CWDT setup will have its own blade instances separate to the self-cast setup.

Does that mean that only the blade instances created by CWDT will have the life-on-hit effect?

Does that mean theoretically it's possible to get 100 blades active in total (assuming one could cast and proc enough to reach 50 stacks per setup)

OR is the 50stacks a hard-cap and any instances from EITHER setup will overwrite the oldest blade in the stack from EITHER source
It would be the same as using two firestorms, one linked with life leech and the other with mana leech. One will leech life, the other mana and when they overlap you will get both (I assume LGoH was just an example, because it won't work with vortex).

If 50 is the cap on number of blades it's a global cap, and the oldest one will vanish whenever you cast over 50. same as for raging spirits.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 29, 2015, 5:45:16 AM
Blade Vortex is a spell not an attack. Therefore lgoh won't work with it.
Cybil's Paw should work nicely with BV though.

EDIT should have read raics post more closely.
Last edited by Bada_Bing on Nov 29, 2015, 7:23:51 AM
"
raics wrote:
It would be the same as using two firestorms, one linked with life leech and the other with mana leech. One will leech life, the other mana and when they overlap you will get both (I assume LGoH was just an example, because it won't work with vortex).

If 50 is the cap on number of blades it's a global cap, and the oldest one will vanish whenever you cast over 50. same as for raging spirits.

Whoops! Yes, the LGOH was a derp. I should have said Leech or something. My brain defaults to phys damage = attack, which is of course wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info