Life/ES Hybrid with Acrobatics?

Hi has someone experience with life/ES Hybird toons and Acrobatics?

"Deflection" + "Precise Interception" a 7 points investment for my current tree could net me around 800 ES (assuming a 400ES shield; ES penalty from Acro has been accounted for). I think that's a pretty big return for 7 points even without considering the other benefits form "Deflection" + "Precise Interception".

Maybe if you're only using your ES for EB, otherwise I wouldn't do it. Shield nodes with ES shield and Acrobatics work directly against each other.
I've seen right side builds that take the shield nodes with an ES shield, netting 2-3k ES from that slot alone, but they don't take Acro.

400 ES, 40+40+50+60 = 190% Increased, 50% Less from Acro
400 * 2.9 * 0.5 = 580 ES
Not quite 800, you need another 110% Increased ES for that.

It's quite possible to go Life/ES, but you're giving up multiple thousands of Evasion for it; with just Deflection and Precise Interception you can easily get 3000 Evasion Rating from your Shield. Add in Dex, maybe a couple of Evasion nodes, a better Shield...
You'd also want a way to recover both ES and Life, otherwise you'll just run out of ES and be stuck with a mediocre Life pool; Leech is your best bet, but Leeching to Life is easier and just as strong. ES Regen seems more useful but it's on the other side of the tree.

I am also curious whether people have tried, and whether it worked out or not. The numbers never really added up to something decent for me.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 27, 2015, 12:01:55 PM
acrobatics just doesnt fit with it I think. If you are life + es in that area probably get evasion, maybe get block, def get ghost reaver and probably vaal pact if you are using a skill that can leech.

Acrobatics is really powerful for 5 points, its insane, and thats why theyve basically stopped you properly stacking es, block or armour with it.

Evasion with energy shield is really good, they have a synergy, same with block to a slightly lesser extent. But as has been said u need to sustain your es and doing that involves either zealots oath or ghost reaver (or something like aegis as a niche option for armour builds). Thats where I would focus for a hybrid. Your investments are already really harsh and overbearing with hybrid, spending 5 more points that then detract from your other investments into block and es is an inefficiency I dont think you have room for.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
400 ES, 40+40+50+60 = 190% Increased, 50% Less from Acro
400 * 2.9 * 0.5 = 580 ES
Not quite 800, you need another 110% Increased ES for that.

My build has those 110% through other nodes.

"
Vipermagi wrote:

It's quite possible to go Life/ES, but you're giving up multiple thousands of Evasion for it; with just Deflection and Precise Interception you can easily get 3000 Evasion Rating from your Shield. Add in Dex, maybe a couple of Evasion nodes, a better Shield...

I've played multiple EV/Acro builds now and my experience is that once you reach ~50% evasion it's a very big investment to go higher (3000 from a shield does not do much at this point) and therefore I feel the point's are better spent elsewhere e.g block, ES, life (if possible). My biggest problem with EV/Acro builds have always been one-shots and stuff you can't evade (e.g. EK, monsters with RT). Block / Blind does not help much there either. The only options I see to either get armor or more life. Armor is on the other side of the tree and the amount of life is limited too on the left side of the tree. That's why I think ES could be a solution. There is no way I can get 800 life with 7 points.

"
Vipermagi wrote:

You'd also want a way to recover both ES and Life, otherwise you'll just run out of ES and be stuck with a mediocre Life pool; Leech is your best bet, but Leeching to Life is easier and just as strong. ES Regen seems more useful but it's on the other side of the tree.

I wouldn't sacrifice any life nodes, the ES comes on top of it. Since I'm ranged, have 50% evasion, 40 dodge and 30 spell dodge, ES should recover fast enough on its own. Ground effects are of course a pain. It's the unavoidable big hits that I'm worried about.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
aYour investments are already really harsh and overbearing with hybrid, spending 5 more points that then detract from your other investments into block and es is an inefficiency I dont think you have room for.

My investment isn't big at all. I get my ES increase from hybrid life/ES nodes and from hybrid EV/ES nodes. I have/need those nodes anyway. So my investment would come down to those 7 points I mentioned giving me +800 ehp.
I also still would have the option to use a EV or even an AR shield.
ya but thats 800 ehp you cant pot back, cant leech back, cant regen, its not counting towards stuns, freezes, shocks etc, its so much worse than actually getting 800 life unless you properly invest into being hybrid. As a high avoidance character it will be doing a lot more for you than a high mitigation character because you will actually have those spaces between damage to let it recharge but it wont be there for you after the initial hit in a lot of really brutal combat where you need it the most.

Maybe do it anyway if its still a bonus on top of what you are doing that is worth as much as any other choice for the points.

As you point out the main problem for evasion characters is not avoiding damage, they do that really well, its what happens when you take damage. Energy shield does deal with that by giving you a larger life pool, what doesnt deal with that though is acrobatics. It does nothing to help what the real problems with evasion are, its simply more chance to avoid damage, youre even better at what you already did well and still have no answers for your problems.

So while it might still be best for your specific character to do what youre thinking of, it could be the best option and you are the best judge of that, theres still food for thought there. Energy shield is an answer to some of evasions big problems, as you have said so does armour. Well the energy shield is there in the Shadow and if you dont use acrobatics and actually invest more into it, make it substantial like 3k+ extra life and add in ways to recover it in combat maybe thats a better method. Alternatively theres a jewel slot between mind and blood drinker, using an Energised Armour jewel in that slot will give you 20% armour and convert all the ES from Nullification and Void Barrier into armour at 200% effectiveness, will also work for the Melding cluster like so...

and then you would spec down through ranger to duelist maybe and take the armour + evasion nodes there. So you can make an effective es + ev hybrid or armour + ev hybrid if you invest into them, providing you dont take acrobatics. Acrobatics is nice but is it always the answer? Is it really giving evasion builds what they need to make up for their flaws? Its costing 5 points, maybe more if dropping it means you can path elsewhere more efficiently. You can go ci with evasion, if you think extra life is going to help a lot well you can be a 5k life character with 10k evasion and a good amount of dodge, or you can trade that dodge for an extra 5k+ life and have 10k+ shield + 10k evasion. If you have a shield you have block and the dodge is hurting that too even if you havent passively invested into it. I feel like once you start looking at "what can i add to my evasion acrobatics build to help it survivie" your options are absolutely awful compared to dropping acrobatics from that question. In my experience the answer for acrobatics builds in 99% of cases is either you use a lightning coil and you are god mode or you dont and you have a defensively poor build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info