Build advice please

I was hoping someone that knows alot about the build guides on the forum that could suggest maybe 2 or 3 really easy to play viable high level builds that can be played without much currency and/or self found and easily crafted items.

I'm not really a fan of warrior 2h type builds. I like melee dual wield fast attackers the most, I also like bow characters though not quite as much. Minion master necromancer type characters or just straight up magic casters of things like fireballs or incinerate or chain lightning type abilities I will play but they aren't as much fun.

Hopefully a build that will still be good in 2.1

Any advice would be appreciated.
Last edited by peteed1985 on Nov 25, 2015, 12:48:16 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 5:14:14 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
peteed1985 wrote:
I was hoping someone that knows alot about the build guides on the forum that could suggest maybe 2 or 3 really easy to play viable high level builds that can be played without much currency and/or self found and easily crafted items.

I'm not really a fan of warrior 2h type builds. I like melee dual wield fast attackers the most, I also like bow characters though not quite as much. Minion master necromancer type characters or just straight up magic casters of things like fireballs or incinerate or chain lightning type abilities I will play but they aren't as much fun.

Hopefully a build that will still be good in 2.1

Any advice would be appreciated.

You can get really far with a cheap split arrow bow build. All you really need is a bow with high physical DPS - Infractem unique bow is really cheap and really powerful as long as you're not built around life/mana leech.

The main obstacles to overcome with split arrow build are mana consumption and defenses. You can also switch out split arrow for tornado shot depending on which spread pattern you prefer. Check the ranger forums and you'll find a lot more info.

I agree in general, just I'd advise to choose Lioneye's Glare rather than Infractem as cheap and strong uniqe bow (I'm not saying it has no cons ofc). Also even such potatoe can take u pretty far

and it's worth close to nothing on std

edit: appareantly std prices are 15c and more for such. People know no shame nowdays.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Nov 25, 2015, 1:09:46 PM
For smooth self-found experience I can only recommend builds that scale with skill level, that means casters or Explosive/Poison arrow.

Elemental attackers are also an option, but they got a bit more weapon dependent than they used to be, as we now got higher elemental rolls on weapons and can stack fewer auras than before. Also, having no penetration gem can be annoying later in the game, having just one dominant elemental type is preferable to having several of them in similar amounts. I tried playing an ele cleaver in darkshrines and it was so annoying I respecced it to phys 2H axe I had the uncommonly good luck to drop.

However, if you can allow for a bit of trading pretty much anything goes.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info