New Class based sub-system, STHAP WORRYING!

Just wanted to reiterate that for anyone thinking that this is the be all and end all of what the game is going to turn into YOU ARE BEING SILLY!

Consider that GGG have proven since day 1 to put all your fears to rest by proper balancing and development.

This new class system is mearly the beginning......much in the same vain of Malachai, Dominus at release being memorably insanely overpowered :D then toning and balancing them back to where they should be.

GGG have things the right way round, over tune a major mechanic, obtain VALUABLE date and adjust accordingly.

This new class system more than likely, just applying logic, means that they are about to undertake the largest balance-focused update to the game to date.

I have no doubt, what so ever, that eventually we will be able to choose ANY of the new 18 class systems from whichever character we want to play HOWEVER this will take time.

One does not simple run before they can walk in Wraeclast, one must crawl initially.

In summery, I have always trusted GGG and im certain they will not disappoint, as they never have. (I have been playing for about 4 years)

GG GGG
Existence is infinite, a weave of live and dead, beyond the understanding of the many mortal threads.
Embrace death to honour the lost, no fear in life no matter the cost. With one of all we are and all of one we trust, throughout past, present and future...... be just.
"
LeHeup80 wrote:

Consider that GGG have proven since day 1 to put all your fears to rest by proper balancing and development.

You're going to trigger a lot of butthurt from former fans of the game with this sentence :D
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I do trust GGG and I'm not the one complaining about the classes. I think they are a nice alternative instead of always having to go to through the same keystones.

GGG works slowly in balance. The balance was getting better and better for every expansion/update and I can say the balance is good in 2.0. Not the way it should be, because you still have crit >> non-crit and Incinerate being the best non-crit spell. But they are really making progress to properly balance the game, so I too trust GGG in handling this correctly.
Great PoE utilities!
Aura Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Vorici Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
One-shot calculator: https://goo.gl/IJhYDx
I trust GGG to try to play "good guy" this time around and "evil villain" with their summer roll-out. They tend to jump back and forth. I'd prefer consistency.
GGG always has a buff-nerf cycle.

Remember when the Forsaken Masters patch came out? That was the golden era of free damage and OPness. Then 1.3.0 hit and the nerfbat whacked a lot of weaker builds to dust.

Expect the same this round.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1394759 - Suggestion for beginner tutorial.
I just hope we dont get class or ascendant specific uniques/jewels.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I, for one, am looking forward to character distinctions. What fun is playing a shadow if you don't feel more assassin-y than other classes?
We fight to delay the end because it's the means that matter.
I already wrote on a similar topic on reddit.

Ascendency classes wont be open and should stay locked to specific classes.

Ascendency trees have very powerful passives and each class gets what it needs the least. It should be this way.

Example:
Shadow has a lot of crit near him in the tree but very little survivability, based on evasion and in a way leech.
Good survivability would be worth way more to him then crit, that is why he absolutely cannot gain access to marauder and duelist ascendency trees.

Giving Shadow good survivability would be like placing armour and endurance nodes all over the tree.

Opening the trees would streamline everything and be a huge power creep.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info