Subclass Build Variety Crying

Why cry about no longer being a 2h witch? Did you cry about not being able to build a spellcasting duelist too?

GGG should be more firm and clear about this and let people know that 2 or 3 classes can do similar builds, but it's just stupid and fundamentally wrong for all classes to play all builds (except for Scion which I shouldn't need to explain).

If you're okay with losing stats because you're some fanatic that needs to see a little girl wielding a big weapon, then you're okay with losing some subclass benefits.
Last edited by raycray on Nov 21, 2015, 10:32:02 AM
I don't think GGG really knows all the possible combination of skills, builds and their effectiveness. That's why we see some big nerfs every now and then. I once theorycrafted a wand slinging marauder who looked really good on paper but i didn't go through with it because the gear requirements were too expensive.

I wouldn't be surprised if people have already put similarly theorycrafted characters into action only to realise, after the new expansion, that they are destined to lose out on a lot of effectivenes/possibilities because of their specific subclass stats leaving them with no other option than to reroll. What's more, we still don't know how harder the game will become and how important the new OP subclass stats are for the new version of the game.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
Pyrokar wrote:
I don't think GGG really knows all the possible combination of skills, builds and their effectiveness. That's why we see some big nerfs every now and then. I once theorycrafted a wand slinging marauder who looked really good on paper but i didn't go through with it because the gear requirements were too expensive.

I wouldn't be surprised if people have already put similarly theorycrafted characters into action only to realise, after the new expansion, that they are destined to lose out on a lot of effectivenes/possibilities because of their specific subclass stats leaving them with no other option than to reroll. What's more, we still don't know how harder the game will become and how important the new OP subclass stats are for the new version of the game.

In the long run this is the right idea. Certain builds should belong to only 1 or 2 classes. If your class doesn't get the right subclass for your build, then make a new character with the right class for the build.

Look at it like making a new character instead of waiting for that free passive tree reset every few months to try a new build.
I personally like how they are adding subclasses. Like others have mentioned, it gives your base class identity and uniqueness. It challenges players when making builds and makes you think up new ways to make old builds work. Plus, it causes general builds to be different, depending on which base class+subclass you choose. For example, a Witch-Necromancer summoner being different from a Duelist-Champion summoner. Adds more variety and fun.
Last edited by Hlifhildr on Nov 21, 2015, 1:06:56 PM
I am truly amazed at how much QQ spawned at such a short amount of time, at unfinished material, not fully tested and polished, and it is not ready for release today... Did people forget we have another league before this?

Personally i'm looking forward for the expansion. This creates more specialized and personal builds, more variations to both gem and passive tree setup and gearing in general.

Of course, when looking at the ascendancy stuff at first glance my eyes got wide open, but i can't imagine in any reality, that most of those are done and tested.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Nov 21, 2015, 1:38:43 PM
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:
I am truly amazed at how much QQ spawned at such a short amount of time, at unfinished material, not fully tested and polished, and it is not ready for release today... Did people forget we have another league before this?

Fully agreed. Went to the feedback subforum, the place I frequent most around here, after the ascension announcement and there was a ton of ascension related topics related. That was really, really strange to me, considering 2.1 hasn't even hit yet.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
I like theese changes but I really hope the third asc class for shadow will be some kind of elemental thing...
"
krenderke wrote:
I like theese changes but I really hope the third asc class for shadow will be some kind of elemental thing...

Don't know about elemental, but I'd definitely bet on the third shadow class being a spellcaster subclass.
"
krenderke wrote:

I'd expect more of a generic crit caster thing. Shadow is the most thematically fitting for physical spells, after all.

I almost guarantee witch will get "elementalist" or something as well as a wand attack specialization.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info