Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Infernal Weapon Effect not applying to both 1h weapons.

I have a couple of weapon effects, mostly because of the supporter pack, and they all apply to both weapons when cast on one of them, except for the Infernal Weapon Effect.

Is this an intended effect? The idea of buying a $28 MTX twice just so you can enjoy it on both weapons seems ludicrous.
morbo wrote:
All this Q&A shows a clear "difficulty through obscurity" design, where it's not enough to read the in-game descriptions, but the player must know a plethora of counter-intuitive exceptions an under the hood quirks, that only a handful of developers truly understand -_-
Supporter weapon effects apply to both items when dual wielding if you have no effect on the offhand weapon.

Standard weapon effects apply only to the item it is equipped to.
Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance.
Why? Where is the logical answer to that? Two Infernal Weapon Effects cost more than the Axiom Supporter Pack did when it was available. And it had 2 Weapon Effects, beside all the other perks.
morbo wrote:
All this Q&A shows a clear "difficulty through obscurity" design, where it's not enough to read the in-game descriptions, but the player must know a plethora of counter-intuitive exceptions an under the hood quirks, that only a handful of developers truly understand -_-
Initially supporter pack weapon effects also only applied to one weapon.
But it was unrealistic for people to purchase supporter packs twice to get the effect for both weapons.

Then it was changed to supporter pack weapons apply to both weapons if no other effecti is applied to the off-hand weapon.

So you see, that's how it was from the beginning, that's how they make their money to keep the game running.

If you are not happy with your purchase because it only works for one weapon, you should e-mail support and they may do a one-time refund for you.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Nov 20, 2015, 5:52:57 AM
It's not about me not being happy. I am really happy, actually, and have used it for the past months. It's just that my past characters used either 2handers or a sword&board so I never noticed. And since I used it for so long I do not think a refund would be the way to go.

To me it feels kinda unfair to people who choose different playstyle. The MTX itself looks amazing when it really feels like your weapon is imbued with fire - which is the case with any 2h. When put on a 1H it looks just lackluster and because the fire is so vibrant, it overshadows any other weapon effect. As if GGG would emphasize playing with a 2h.

And to make it clear: I know this game is f2p and that MTX is their income. I've spent more money on PoE than I did on any other game and it wasn't because of the MTX, even though I enjoy it very much.
Since we are supporting the game I think it would be fair to not force you to buy the same MTX a second time just so your offhand can have the effect. It feels forced upon. I'd say either make a offhand version for much cheaper or let it work like the supporter ones work.

I do not run this business and am prepared to be corrected since I do not think that making people buy the same MTX twice is what makes GGG run financially. As for me, and for many others I believe, they just buy packs because they like the game and if something catches their eye in the shop - they get it with the points previously purchased.

So yeah... dunno if I'm talking to a brick wall and wasting my and your time, dear reader, but I'd be really happy if, when a solution is unthinkable, someone could explain to me the reasoning behind this except for "that's the way they run it".

Cheers
morbo wrote:
"
kornomanus wrote:
It's not about me not being happy. I am really happy, actually, and have used it for the past months. It's just that my past characters used either 2handers or a sword&board so I never noticed. And since I used it for so long I do not think a refund would be the way to go.

To me it feels kinda unfair to people who choose different playstyle. The MTX itself looks amazing when it really feels like your weapon is imbued with fire - which is the case with any 2h. When put on a 1H it looks just lackluster and because the fire is so vibrant, it overshadows any other weapon effect. As if GGG would emphasize playing with a 2h.

And to make it clear: I know this game is f2p and that MTX is their income. I've spent more money on PoE than I did on any other game and it wasn't because of the MTX, even though I enjoy it very much.
Since we are supporting the game I think it would be fair to not force you to buy the same MTX a second time just so your offhand can have the effect. It feels forced upon. I'd say either make a offhand version for much cheaper or let it work like the supporter ones work.

I do not run this business and am prepared to be corrected since I do not think that making people buy the same MTX twice is what makes GGG run financially. As for me, and for many others I believe, they just buy packs because they like the game and if something catches their eye in the shop - they get it with the points previously purchased.

So yeah... dunno if I'm talking to a brick wall and wasting my and your time, dear reader, but I'd be really happy if, when a solution is unthinkable, someone could explain to me the reasoning behind this except for "that's the way they run it".

Cheers

GGG has the numbers and it seems to be working for them since they never changed it. I can't tell you anything else since I don't work for them.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

GGG has the numbers and it seems to be working for them since they never changed it. I can't tell you anything else since I don't work for them.

Maybe, or maybe it's something they did not think about in the longest while. It shouldn't be their top-priority topic, I think.

morbo wrote:
The thing is if they made all the older weapon effects (or even new non-supporter weapon MTX) apply to both weapons, then its going to piss off people like me who actually bought two sets of MTX for that exact purpose. I highly doubt they would refund everyone who bought doubles, and its likely they would up the initial price. Furthermore people would then expect this to apply to all weapon MTX (steam powered and eagle claw wands for example).

I do understand where you're coming from though, seems a bit much if every time you want to buy a weapon MTX you decide to buy 2x just incase you one day want to use dual.

Might be nice if you got a slight discount off a MTX if you already owned one already (weapon and skill MTX at least. Pets, Armour, etc I wouldn't expect a discount on) or perhaps if they sold twin packs of the weapon MTX for a discounted price.
twitch.tv/Owwlll

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info